FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I like bullet points, so here are the facts in that format:

• Rumors originated from The Paul Gale Network that claimed that a Sony themed brawler named "Title Fight" included characters such as Parappa, Kratos and Nathan Drake.
  • SuperBot Entertainment is a new Sony exclusive developer working on an unconfirmed PS3 title for SCEA.
  • A job advert shows that SuperBot is looking for a senior combat designer with "a strong familiarity with fighting games and fighting game theory."
  • Another job advert shows that SuperBot's looking for a lead designer "a strong familiarity with online mode and matchmaking design as they apply to console gaming".
  • There are images of fighting sticks on SuperBot's website.
  • Sony has responded to interrogations about this the typical: "We do not comment on rumor or speculation."

Source

I've always wondered why they haven't made a game like this. They made that Playstation Move Heroes game, which obviously doesn't come close to what I would like to see. I hope that this turns out to be real.

Edit:

From Globox_82 @ NeoGAF:

this guy is senior level designer. Some comments from his twitter. https://twitter.com/#!/TheAuburnSky
1.Our capture station and waiting area - Parappa is a permanent resident http://twitpic.com/6a60jz
2.The character artist sitting a row ahead of mine is modeling polygonal female boobies. Carry on...
Then posted this pic

3.Our studio fighters getting their brawl on http://twitpic.com/6au76k
No Caption Provided
4.Racing to finish a level design doc for today's review - map layout is looking spiffy if I do say so myself.
5.Slam! Second level design pitch approved by our studio leads! Now onto Sony Santa Monica for a final green light.
6.In the middle of a skype video interview with a level design candidate from Osaka, Japan.
7.New Sony Playstation commercial vaguely foreshadowing our soon to be announced title - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HBuK3EcY6vk
8.Checking out the original art assets from a Sony IP title we're appropriating for my level - very cool seeing this environment in raw form.
9.Fuck you clown!

(THIS more or less confirms it)
And looking at his previous work there are no fighting games.
http://auburnsky.net/Game%20Port%20H...al%20Work.html
No Caption Provided
Someone save these pics in case he removes them.

Additional pic with stuff (Sweet Tooth and Kratos mentioned in the same project):

No Caption Provided
Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Example1013

Hasn't this been a rumor since back in the 90s? I know it's been around hella long.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Example1013 said:

Hasn't this been a rumor since back in the 90s? I know it's been around hella long.

Has it? Because I've never heard anything like this; only people's wishes and hopes.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Doctorchimp

@FluxWaveZ: Those fighting sticks in that superbot news page has a Tekken 360 fighting stick in it. If they're researching fighting games why don't they even know which sticks are the best ones? And why not PS3 sticks?

I really doubt it. They're probably working on something. But I doubt it's a smash game.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FengShuiGod

Meh.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Example1013

Well it's a rumor, so of course it's going to have been circulating forever. Remember the Verizon iPhone was a rumor for a long time too. The only difference would be, obviously, whether they're actually getting into development or not, since obviously past circulations of the rumor have been unfounded.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Doctorchimp: Yeah, this is just a rumor. I never believe that these things are actually true when there's not much to go by, but I just thought that this was interesting and it's something that I'd want to turn out true.

@Example1013: Not this particular rumor since it originated from the Paul Gale Network and SuperBot didn't even exist back then. A game like this might have been rumored in the past, but this isn't the same thing.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Bwast

Advert. Haha.

Ha

Ha

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Bwast: Yeah, non-USA terminology is hilarious.

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bwast

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Bwast: Yeah, non-USA terminology is hilarious.

I'm glad we agree.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Bwast: I was being sarcastic!

Oh, and I found some more info about the original source at NeoGAF:

From Globox_82:

this guy is senior level designer. Some comments from his twitter. https://twitter.com/#!/TheAuburnSky
1.Our capture station and waiting area - Parappa is a permanent resident http://twitpic.com/6a60jz
2.The character artist sitting a row ahead of mine is modeling polygonal female boobies. Carry on...
Then posted this pic

3.Our studio fighters getting their brawl on http://twitpic.com/6au76k
4.Racing to finish a level design doc for today's review - map layout is looking spiffy if I do say so myself.
5.Slam! Second level design pitch approved by our studio leads! Now onto Sony Santa Monica for a final green light.
6.In the middle of a skype video interview with a level design candidate from Osaka, Japan.
7.New Sony Playstation commercial vaguely foreshadowing our soon to be announced title - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HBuK3EcY6vk
8.Checking out the original art assets from a Sony IP title we're appropriating for my level - very cool seeing this environment in raw form.
9.Fuck you clown!

(THIS more or less confirms it)
And looking at his previous work there are no fighting games.
http://auburnsky.net/Game%20Port%20H...al%20Work.html
Someone save these pics in case he removes them.

Additional pic with stuff (Sweet Tooth and Kratos mentioned in the same project):

spawnofmoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By spawnofmoose

Well Globox_82 over at NeoGaf did some sluthing and found Chris Molina's (a level designer at Superbot) twitter account. In it he posts a couple of pictures including one of a Sweet Tooth model they're very clearly working on plus on October 18th he tweeted

New Sony Playstation commercial vaguely foreshadowing our soon to be announced title

and linked to the PS3 Michael video.

Ah you edited yup all that stuff :)

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Spawnofmoose: Yep. This is looking more and more feasible.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By recroulette

Trying to list all of the Sony only characters in my head...I don't think I'd want to play a fighting game like that.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@RecSpec: So far, this is the rumored cast:

• Kratos (God of War)
  • Nathan Drake (Uncharted)
  • Parappa (Parappa the Rapper)
  • Fat Princess (Fat Princess)
  • James Bond (...)
  • Sly Cooper (Sly Cooper)
  • Sweet Tooth (Twisted Metal)
  • Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)

Because Sony's "mascots" are so disparate in nature and "realistic", it would definitely will feel super weird seeing them fight compared to Nintendo's cast. Still, it could prove to be (unintentionally) hilarious.

FunExplosions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FunExplosions

I'm struggling to find the purpose to Sweet Tooth's harness.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By N7

My body is ready.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jack268

Yeah, I thought this was what the Michael commercial was for in the first place.

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By N7

Who wants to bet this is for the Vita?

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By AlexW00d

@Bwast said:

Advert. Haha.

Ha

Ha

How is advert a funny word? It is short for advertisement, as in advertising, as in the verb to advertise.

As opposed to commercial, which is a vague term for all things to do with commerce. I think I know which makes more sense.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By recroulette
@FluxWaveZ: I did a bit of looking around, add Robbit from Jumping Flash and Sir Fortesque from Medievil and I'm in. 

They have to go weird with this. Having 3-4 action heroes wouldn't make a very good fighting game.
herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By herocide
@N7: Would you use fighting sticks on a Vita?
spawnofmoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By spawnofmoose

@FluxWaveZ said:

• Kratos (God of War)
  • James Bond (...)

Because Sony's "mascots" are so disparate in nature and "realistic", it would definitely will feel super weird seeing them fight compared to Nintendo's cast. Still, it could prove to be (unintentionally) hilarious.

I can see most of those characters being in it except James Bond. I know Sony produces the movies but I'm pretty sure Activision have the video game rights (same for Spider Man).

Other than that there's the obvious ones such as Ratchet, Clank, Jak, Daxter, Sackboy, Toro, Kuro, Helgast, Chimera and plenty others (I'm hoping for Sir Daniel Fortesque). That doesn't even include any likely third party character such as Snake, Cloud and Sephiroth.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By recroulette

Steel yourselves folks. Here are more characters not mentioned yet they could add. 

• Scott Shelby (Heavy Rain)
  • Tag (Modnation Racers)
  • Jarvis (PAIN) 
  • Gloria (Hot Shots Golf series)
  • Buzz 
  • Wipeout Ship
  • Noby Noby Boy  
  • flOw creature (flOw) 
  • Gust of wind (flower) 
  • Ico  
  • Colossus   
  •  Monkey (Ape Escape) 
  • LocoRoco blob 
  • Carwash guy (Gran Turismo) 
  • Mannequin (Echochrome) 
  • Any character from Siren  
PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PeasantAbuse

@AlexW00d said:

@Bwast said:

Advert. Haha.

Ha

Ha

How is advert a funny word? It is short for advertisement, as in advertising, as in the verb to advertise.

As opposed to commercial, which is a vague term for all things to do with commerce. I think I know which makes more sense.

lol

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@RecSpec: I'd want to see none of your characters except for Ape Escape monkey in the game. Your list is crazytown.

Didn't mention this specifically before, but that Paul Gale Network site details a ton of info about the game. So much info, in fact, that it's kind of suspicious.

Characters' "Level 3 Supers" are mentioned, like Kratos turning giant and having a 1-hit kill sword, Parappa shouting "I gotta believe!" and Nathan Drake turning everyone into defenseless monsters.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RE_Player1

I'm a big Sony fan but I wouldn't be interested in this at all.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By huntad

I really hope this is true and comes out for the PS3 as well as the Vita. I really liked Smash Bros Melee, and Sony has some pretty cool and different characters that would be fun to play as.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@N7 said:

Please delete your post before Sony sees it

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@SomeDeliCook said:

@N7 said:

The rumored game is for the PS3 so, if anything, a Vita version would be an additional version. It wouldn't be that much of an issue if you could buy the PS3 version and get the Vita version for free like other games are doing.

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#31  Edited By solidejake

I read this too. And yeah, it would be funny if Snake were on on this Super Smash Bros as well.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By coakroach

This seems really silly.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By wolf_blitzer85
@FluxWaveZ said:

@SomeDeliCook said:

@N7 said:

The rumored game is for the PS3 so, if anything, a Vita version would be an additional version. It wouldn't be that much of an issue if you could buy the PS3 version and get the Vita version for free like other games are doing.

So I was actually wondering about this, how would pricing work for this thing they are doing with the PS3 and Vita. I mean if Vita games are going to be 40 bucks, but you get the ps3 version for free, wouldn't everyone just buy the Vita version instead of paying 60 bucks for the PS3 version, or are you just getting an up-rezed Vita game on a blu-ray that would be priced at 40 bucks regardless?

Anyway to not sidetrack the thread, sure a Sony based brawler would be pretty cool, I just hope it's more than a Smash Bros clone, because I played that game already.
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RsistncE

...of all the characters that Sony could bring on board, they get James Bond instead of Solid Snake.

SONY

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Y U DO STUPID SHIT

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@RsistncE: Come on, you can't actually believe they'd have James Bond in a fighting game. That would be incredibly... something.

@wolf_blitzer85 said:

So I was actually wondering about this, how would pricing work for this thing they are doing with the PS3 and Vita. I mean if Vita games are going to be 40 bucks, but you get the ps3 version for free, wouldn't everyone just buy the Vita version instead of paying 60 bucks for the PS3 version, or are you just getting an up-rezed Vita game on a blu-ray that would be priced at 40 bucks regardless? Anyway to not sidetrack the thread, sure a Sony based brawler would be pretty cool, I just hope it's more than a Smash Bros clone, because I played that game already.

Good question. Maybe you're right about the up-rez Vita game theory.

And if this would be exactly like Smash Bros., I'd be happy. That game's super fun and the same deal with different characters, music and backgrounds would appeal to me just as much.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#36  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ said:

• Kratos (God of War)
  • James Bond (...)

This is the most ridiculous rumor I've heard in a while.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Hailinel said:

Parappa is a Sega character.

What? No he isn't.

Still, I feel that there's a storm of truths and lies behind this. I actually believe that this is an actual project, but several details revolving around it are just lies.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By mosespippy

Selvaria Bles seems like a great character for a fighting game (or any of the valkyrias from Valkyria Chronicles would really). Cole McGrath would be perfect as well. There sure are a lot of dudes with big guns to choose from though and if they have too many then the game could be bland.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#39  Edited By Hailinel

@FluxWaveZ: Oops. Yep. You're right. My mistake.

Still a ridiculous rumor, though.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Natedogg2

Can Polygon Man be the final boss? It wouldn't be any weirder than fighting a pair of hands.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By MikkaQ

Sounds real... original.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Aegon

Wander, Ico, Jak/daxter, Crash/tiki thing, and Ratchet/clank should be in there as well. Although they might not be able to get crash since I think that license has been sold.  

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AngelN7

@RecSpec: Cole from Infamous would be pretty cool , as this is a rumor I won't get my hopes up but who knows.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MezZa

I would play it if Jak or Sackboy were in it.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By StaticFalconar

Hopefully if its true they find people that know something about fighting games to dev it. 

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Barrock

Curious what Sony's answer to Halo 4 is...

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Bocam

I'll only buy it if Robbit or Daniel Fortesque are in it.

Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By captain_clayman

alright, fuck it why not. 

@N7 said:

sure, that too.  i'll probably buy it.
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By N7

Oh man, I beat the Giant Enemy Crab and Riiiiiiiiiiiidge Racerrrrrrr is in it. And Shue Yoshida is the final boss! $599!!

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By illmatic19

One of the characters should be a car from Gran Turismo.