Schadenfreude, Child of Eden, Need for Speed, and backlogs.

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

Edited By ferrarimanf355

Hey guys, what's up? The air conditioning in my house shat the bed, and in 90 degree summer weather here in sunny South Florida, that's not good. So, as I type this at a local Starbucks, I do have three things to throw out as I get back to blogging.  

1. I mentioned in a previous blogpost how I heard that Q Entertainment is making a spiritual successor to Rez, and I wondered if it was really necessary. Well, after seeing Child of Eden at E3, I think it looks pretty good. It didn't answer my question on whether a spiritual sequel to Rez was really necessary, but I'll have a firm answer on it when the game is released early next year. My gut impression is that it certainly looks the part with the acid-washed visuals, and the motion controls demoed at the Ubisoft press conference work well. I do appreciate being able to use a traditional gamepad, though, just in case. 

2. My backlog is embarrassing. I blame the Xbox Live Arcade weekly sales for that. Does anyone have a huge backlog? How did you get it so big? 

3. My game of E3: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. Seriously. In Criterion I trust. This has a very good shot at dethroning Daytona USA 2 as my favorite game of all time.  

Oh, speaking of, in a bit of shameless self-promotion, can you guys join my Facebook group? It's an attempt to get Sega to make a new Daytona USA game for HD consoles. I need all the members I can, thanks! 

Anyways, have a nice day, all!

ferrarimanf355

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By ferrarimanf355

Hey guys, what's up? The air conditioning in my house shat the bed, and in 90 degree summer weather here in sunny South Florida, that's not good. So, as I type this at a local Starbucks, I do have three things to throw out as I get back to blogging.  

1. I mentioned in a previous blogpost how I heard that Q Entertainment is making a spiritual successor to Rez, and I wondered if it was really necessary. Well, after seeing Child of Eden at E3, I think it looks pretty good. It didn't answer my question on whether a spiritual sequel to Rez was really necessary, but I'll have a firm answer on it when the game is released early next year. My gut impression is that it certainly looks the part with the acid-washed visuals, and the motion controls demoed at the Ubisoft press conference work well. I do appreciate being able to use a traditional gamepad, though, just in case. 

2. My backlog is embarrassing. I blame the Xbox Live Arcade weekly sales for that. Does anyone have a huge backlog? How did you get it so big? 

3. My game of E3: Need for Speed Hot Pursuit. Seriously. In Criterion I trust. This has a very good shot at dethroning Daytona USA 2 as my favorite game of all time.  

Oh, speaking of, in a bit of shameless self-promotion, can you guys join my Facebook group? It's an attempt to get Sega to make a new Daytona USA game for HD consoles. I need all the members I can, thanks! 

Anyways, have a nice day, all!