Second half of the year games you're most excited about?

• 49 results
Relenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO:

• Wolfenstein 2 - TNO was both a great shooter and had low key great character writing. Also I am sexually attracted to that E3 trailer.
  • Super Mario Odyssey - Because duh.
  • Middle Earth: Shadow of War - I feel like this game read my mind about what exactly a sequel to Shadow of Mordor needed to be.

Tentatively Interested In:

• Destiny 2 - I bounced hard off Destiny 1 about a month into release and never looked back. That being said, in the time since I've put some 80 hours into The Division, which I am told is just Tom Clancy's Destiny. I'm willing to give this game another shot, especially since it's coming to PC.
  • Crackdown 3 - I want this game to be good so bad, but Crackdown 2 was so crushingly disappointing that I'm waiting until reviews are out to find out. Crackdown 1 is probably my number one game to fuck around in, with only Saints Row 4 coming close to unseating it.
  • Sonic Mania - Try as I might to get out, my inner eight-year-old just won't let me stop caring about Sonic. Also early word on it has been very positive, so hopefully this won't also fall victim to the Sonic Cycle.
  • Need For Speed Payback - Like many of you, I also hold fast in my belief that Burnout Paradise is the greatest racing game of all time. And while I'm forever sour that I have to look elsewhere for my Burnout fix, this seems like it could be just Burnout wearing NFS's clothes.
  • Star Wars Battlefront II - Look, if it's just the last game but with way more stuff to do, I'm 100% okay with that. Still wish they'd bring back Galactic Conquest mode from the old Battlefront games though.
  • Vampyr - Honestly whether or not this actually makes 2017 is up in the air, but Wikipedia lists it as TBD 2017 so I'll run with it. I loved Life is Strange to pieces, and anything DONTNOD makes from here out will always show up on my radar.

AUSTIN WALKER IS AN ENABLER:

• Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Anything Stellaris-related
  • Goddammit Austin this is like the fifth game you've managed to charismatic-ally talk me into buying
  • And now I've poured 200+ hours into it in the last six months