Series you want to be made into a game

HansBak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wouldn't it be cool to ease the discomfort of these endless breaks between seasons while playing? I want "Happy" to be made into a game, the storyline can make it super awesome.

Which one would you pick?

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By nutter

I just googled that show. Maybe the Scifi channel can reskin Defiance and give it another shot...

The only good TV show tie-in game I can recall is the excellent Buffy the Vampire Slayer game. If The Walking Dead counts ( I don’t think it does), that first season was also excellent.

EDIT: I guess I was thinking of drama/action shows aimed at adults...prestige TV stuff. South Park The Stick of Truth is great and people seem to like that Dragonball fighter.

As for something NEW based on a TV show...I don’t know. I don’t watch a ton of TV. The shows I do watch, I typically wouldn’t want to see malformed into a game.

I’ll go with Defenders. That’s good video game material. Give me a co-op action game with The Defenders and make Punisher unlockable.

Mikey2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 20

This question made me think about a lot of shows I've liked that would fit a game best and as it turns out already have terrible terrible video game adaptations. 24, Sopranos, The Shield, Prison Break... o.O

Allow me to throw a wild card into the mix. Nip/Tuck the game - part surgery simulation, part mass effect romance system and part management sim as you sift through potential clients.

And to flip this on its head - a game to turn into a TV series. Give me the HBO Dead Space TV show!

jamesyfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jamesyfx

I imagine a simple game on The Big Bang Theory.

All you do is click the mouse to insert a laugh track at the appropriate time. You get scored based on how well you placed a laugh after a gag.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Ozzy and Drix. I've been interested in medicine since I was a child and loved that movie and show. If done right, it could be a reaaallly interesting game, and could get people interested in anatomy, physiology, and medicine! Get CDPR on it to make it into a Witcher 3 style game with the open world and quests. Travel to different parts of the body and what not. Imagine the interactions you could have with the world.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm amazed after thirteen seasons we haven't got a Supernatural game, not even a TellTales offering.

Gimme that and a super raunchy version of The Sims based on Shameless.

Rich666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want them to make a good Ghost in the Shell game. That world seems like it would be perfect for a stealth open world game where you'd investigate, prevent and combat cyber crime.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ATastySlurpee

Always Sunny...

The possibilities are endless....because of the Implication...

Make it a 2D side-scroller coop beat em up where you have to fight the Nightman as the final boss.

Between each level, you beat up Cricket a la the car in Street Fighter to earn extra coins to buy upgrades/items etc.

You can unlock various outfits for each character based off of certain episodes that give each character a certain perk. Like 'Fat Mac' gives Mac extra strength or Dee in a bird outfit that gives her flight.

MattGiersoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MattGiersoni
  • Stargate please, any of them, SG-1, Atlantis, Universe, whatever, just please. It'd be kinda incredible to have it as a XCOM-like game or maybe a 3rd person squad RPG kinda like Mass Effect with optional multiplayer where each member of the team would play as a member of a stargate squad. Don't have to be connected much to the main story of any series, but I'd love such a game.
    Reclaiming systems and territories from goulds, making allies, recruiting, customizing your characters or squads, oh my god that'd be so good. Like a good, sizeable 60-100 hour game with lots of choices and outcomes if it was an RPG or something like 30-40 hours if it was an XCOM-ish game. I know there's plenty of games like this but if one was set in the Stargate universe I'd play the hell out of it. I played around with some mods for Stellaris and that was fairly fun but not a replacement. Shame we never got a really good Stargate game and just a buncha mediocre or cancelled stuff :/
  • A game based on Firefly would be pretty damn neat too, maybe like a mix of FTL, No Man's Sky/Elite + Mass Effect for some RPG mechanics. Maybe like untold tales of the Firefly crew or some totally new canon/non-canon storyline.
  • Guess your question was more for new shows, so a good Game of Thrones game would be nice, but I guess there's plenty of games in a similar setting, like Skyrim for example or the super awesome GoT mod for Crusaders Kings 2. Actually a new Reigns called Reigns: Game of Thrones just got announced for mobile and PC and the two previous games in the Reigns series are very cool card games that appear to be simple but can get complex and very interesting with a lot of good and sometimes funny writing. Hopefully the Game of Thrones is as good.
  • Stranger Things in the style of Life is Strange could be awesome, Mr. Robot in a style of Watch Dogs or another open world action game.
  • Westworld tycoon/park management builder is a no-brainer and I'd totally play that.

Loading Video...
nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@rich666 said:

I just want them to make a good Ghost in the Shell game. That world seems like it would be perfect for a stealth open world game where you'd investigate, prevent and combat cyber crime.

Me too, Deus Ex is pretty close but GITS has a great cast of characters to work with and you would get giant spider tanks. (even though i've always hated their voices)

Into the Badlands might make an alright game. The best (only?) thing about that show is the action and the setting seems like it would allow for a lot of that.

Most of the shows I enjoy would make really boring games that would only fit the TellTale mold. Happy is a good one though, drunken hitmen are always fun.

ATastySlurpee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheFlamingo352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's criminal that the only notable Avatar: The Last Airbender game I know of is Platinum's less-than-awesome downloadable title. If the folks making Absolver adapted their combat system to the world of Avatar, flipping fighting styles for different elements, I'd play the hell out of it.

BladedEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The two things I can think of would both produce similar mystery/supernatural/mage in an urban setting as the protagonist, and both are based more on their comic book/books then the tv shows...but they both had tv shows so it still fits!

I'd love to see a game staring Constantine, i.e. the DC makes deals with devils and etc character. Likewise, I'd love to see a game based on Harry Dresden (from the Dresden Files) who is..essentially the same character on a basic level sans character development/plot developments.

Either of those could be turned into an rpg, an adventure game, something like what the up coming Call of Cthulhu game could be if its fantastic. Hand the writing over to someone who can write witty, snarky dialog and now we're talking.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'd be far more interested in a tycoon-style Westworld management sim than in whatever bullshit they whip up for season 3.

hansberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For my kids and I: Tumble Leaf. That show has a Viva Pinata like charm that could translate well into a few different types of games, though something in the distant vein of Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon may work well, with some simple puzzles thrown in.

The Littlest Hobo. Because I'm feeling nostalgic. And it somehow came up in conversation at work in spite of me having moved from Canada to the US eight years ago. Controlling the dog, saving people, and then moving on to the next adventure.

willvaillantt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By willvaillantt
Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Stranger Things had some very videogamey parts.

BrunoTheThird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BrunoTheThird

A Boondocks game by the Persona team. Boooooom!

I may not have thought this through.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be down for a Always Sunny " Frank's Business simulator". making big bucks with cream pie's.

The_Greg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chardee Macdennis would make an amazing game.

Band of Brothers would make a great game......

Serious answer would have to be Rick and Morty or Futurama. I know there have been games based on these shows, but full-blown open world games set in these universes would be sweet.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By oldenglishc

Give me a Kingdom Hearts style, but not actually like Kingdom Hearts at all, game about the old NBC sitcom block on Thursday nights. Make it an epic RPG that crosses over into the worlds of Community, Parks and Rec, The Office and 30 Rock. Imagine trying to take down the Scranton Strangler with a party of Mona Lisa Saperstein, Magnitude and Tracy Jordan's eldest son Donald. It would be amazing.

rotten_avocado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to see the anime Berserk made into a Yakuza-style game that specifically touches on the blackswordsman arc and, ultimately, stays as true to the subject matter as possible. I see they already made a Fist of the North Star game like this (to be released in North America this October).

I was fairly disappointed with the Dynasty Warriors Beserk game that came out last year....

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A really good sci-fi Diablo, with that Blizzard/Path of Exiles quality and depth. Played a few loot/Diablo clones on Steam and nothing really quite scratches that itch.

Or something like Destiny, but with Borderlands style loot. Something about those games really works on my brain.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

With the right writers behind it, a series of one-off Twilight Zone games could be a really fascinating thing. I’d also love to see an original IP based on something like Psych, Monk, or Leverage, with a case of the episode format. Unavowed and Sam and Max kinda come close.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldenglishc

With the right writers behind it, a series of one-off Twilight Zone games could be a really fascinating thing. I’d also love to see an original IP based on something like Psych, Monk, or Leverage, with a case of the episode format. Unavowed and Sam and Max kinda come close.

I've never realized how badly I wanted a Psych game until now. Throw in some driving segments with the blueberry and some Lassiter FPS gameplay and you've got yourself a winner.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bookseller sim based on the show "Black Books". Bring in enough traffic to your store to make rent and keep finances up but you need keep your anger and annoyance meter down other wise you end up throwing everyone out, closing the store for an indefinite period. Getting blackout drunk for a week only to wake up and find you need to open again to make rent.

Or maybe a "Man at Arms" where you get weird requests to make a fictional sword. It's a Blacksmith sim but underneath the shop is an endless dungeon where you need to get materials for each item before you even start forging.

Avatar image for razor_sharp1997
Razor_Sharp1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Lord of The rings - The total war franchise!

burncoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By burncoat

A space RPG taking place in the Culture universe. There are so many cool characters, species, and tech in that game that you could pretty much fit anything in it.

Also, a videogame that takes place in the Blame! universe. It'd essentially be Sci-Fi Bloodborne.

EDIT: Oh, this thread meant TV series? You could make a good Bob's Burgers restaurant simulator.

shiftygism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Shadow of Wardor team should make a He-man game.

Avatar image for vincentvendetta
VincentVendetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

Twin Peaks...

...Oh wait.

CyrusRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Expanse (cheating a little here since I watched the show after reading the books but still so good)

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Westworld is practically a show about NPCs rebelling against users. Would be cool to play a Westworld game where it's an open-world thing that lets you do whatever you want. Replay storylines over and over, trying new solutions and seeing where the quests can diverge. Then slowly have the game world and NPCs start to behave unusually, until you're in the middle of the host rebellion. Ideally it'd be a game about systems and dynamic storytelling, rather than anything trying to stick to the narrative of the show.

Then whatever you've done over the course of your "playthroughs" of the park (all within a single actual playthrough) would come back around on how the hosts react, and what place you hold in the revolution and beyond. Could be cool!

I guess it's work as a text adventure type thing. Probably more manageable that way (from a development standpoint) as it'd clearly be a game all about multiple paths (tons and tons).

Besides that, never forget:

Loading Video...

devise22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@boozak said:

@rich666 said:

Me too, Deus Ex is pretty close but GITS has a great cast of characters to work with and you would get giant spider tanks. (even though i've always hated their voices)

Into the Badlands might make an alright game. The best (only?) thing about that show is the action and the setting seems like it would allow for a lot of that.

Most of the shows I enjoy would make really boring games that would only fit the TellTale mold. Happy is a good one though, drunken hitmen are always fun.

Regarding Into the Badlands, while I don't think any of it is revolutionary, that show has some alright "lite" political intrigue among the rival factions/houses, especially considering it's setting.

In terms of it translating to a game, looking at the Shadow of Mordor/War franchise with it's fluid combat that could very much translate well, similar in tone and violence as well. Plus you could very easily turn that Nemesis system into something tied into the different factions among the Badlands.

DaringVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Constantine.

DoctorOdds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A (good) Ghost in the Shell game. I have this dream of an open world game that is a huge metropolis that you can traverse completely, like a massive Deus Ex. So you get cases/situations that you have to respond to as Section 9, and where you could plan how you approach the objective, Rainbow Six style. Basically, it would be a huge cyberpunk sandbox city where you run around as cyborg SWAT solving crime and corruption. Maybe I will never get that, but 2077 looks fun too.