Share Your Next Gen Screenshots

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

With PS4 out and Xbox One next week, maybe we should start a place to share screenshots, since this new generation makes it so simple? Here are a few of AC4: Black Flag to get us started.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I wish you could see PS3 version screenshots of the same things to compare. In my mind, when I picture AC on PS3/360 those screenshots there are what come to mind.

ztiworoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@boocreepyfootdoctor: I watched the HD version of the Quick Look as I was playing the same section in the game and while it's not worlds apart, it's definitely better. The biggest thing is that the foliage from the next gen version is completely different, far more dense and reacts to the character. Also, weather effects are insane - the game might have the best storms I've ever encountered in a game.

That said, Killzone Shadowfall looks way more "next gen" but I'm having a lot more fun with AC4.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

I think the compression of online media and screenshots doesn't do justice for the graphics. Video footage of AC4, BF4, Ghosts, NBA, and Rivals all looked not much better than PS3 when compressed to a 720p youtube file. But natively on TV in 1080p seem to look quite good, but not as much of a leap as going from blurry games with little post processing effects like Brute Force to Call of Duty 2. The problem seems to be not every scene, level piece, texture, etc. is universally a higher def asset than what was used on PS3. Rivals for instance has parts of the construction of the level (metal crash fences on the side of the road that don't seem less octagonal, as graphics are a series of triangles not perfect circles) where as the trees are definitely more full and complex.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By StingingVelvet

I wish you could see PS3 version screenshots of the same things to compare. In my mind, when I picture AC on PS3/360 those screenshots there are what come to mind.

Yeah, when it's mainly resolution and AA that are different it's easy for the mind to play tricks on you and make you feel like the PS3 version looked better than it did. That's why people say they don't even notice resolution differences, even if it really is a lot crisper and more defined.

Can't wait for more games designed for next-gen to come out. Killzone looks amazing at times, truly stunning even compared to high-end PC games.

StingingVelvet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By StingingVelvet
No Caption Provided

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By strainedeyes
No Caption Provided

Pro-tip for everyone regarding saving high-res versions of your screenshots. Share it to Twitter, get the expanded image's URL and change the "large" text to "orig". This gives you a copy in the proper resolution.