Shipping costs for GB store to overseas

• 76 results
Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Just an FYI for anyone buying something from the UK: Customs is a bitch. I bought a hoodie from here and had to pay around £15 extra tax. Nothing can be done about it, Just thought I'd say.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@rorie What do I do if I live in America (Pennsylvania) and the store tells me "Unfortunately there is no Shipping Rate available for your destination and/or weight of your cart."

I've ordered things from the store in the past with no issue (other than the abnormally high shipping costs). I even just ordered the VinCo shirt not long ago.

Email orders@socialimprints.com and they can look into it! Sorry for the trouble.

thaijedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

So Shipping it to Thailand is 31.27 pretty bummed about this considering at ship my left leg for the same price :( But yeah thanks @rorie for looking into it. The postage cost for the poster wasn't too bad though.

Killercombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

Bought some T-Shirts the last time round, thought about doing it again and it was going to cost $40 to Scotland (for 3 shirts), then tried to do one and it would not let me and the store tells me "Unfortunately there is no Shipping Rate available for your destination and/or weight of your cart."

Sorry but I don't think I will be spending that much on a few T-Shirts.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killercombo:

@thaijedi said:
No Caption Provided

So Shipping it to Thailand is 31.27 pretty bummed about this considering at ship my left leg for the same price :( But yeah thanks @rorie for looking into it. The postage cost for the poster wasn't too bad though.

Email orders@socialimprints.com for any Q's on shipping prices. Sometimes they can be a bit funky.

grim_wreeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie

I tried to order yesterday and it appears that I can't even get shipping to IRELAND!!

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

grim_wreeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fattony12000 That's fantastic.

But alas, not even old Danny boy can order t-shirts back home, and he's an honorary Duder.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rorie

@rorie

I tried to order yesterday and it appears that I can't even get shipping to IRELAND!!

email orders@socialimprints.com for any shipping questions. There are some issues that they're looking into.

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 8

#60  Edited By xymox

Pretty much the same. Shipping to Sweden ended up being $31.40 which is almost the price of the hoodie. Don't have a screenshot - but I can PM the order confirmation if you want. Shipping costs are usually pretty silly though...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By hassun

@rorie Here is a comparison of different sellers, each time I have tried to use similar size, weight and price. (In this case, a hoodie and a T-shirt amounting to about $50.)

Giant Bomb
Giant Bomb

Valve
Valve

Zazzle
Zazzle

Stylin' online
Stylin' online

Amazon.com
Amazon.com

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: It looks like all of the shipping options aren't showing up properly for you. There should be some cheaper USPS rates displaying but it looks like they're not doing so for some reason. Can you email orders@socialimprints.com with that first image and ask them to look into it? Sorry for the trouble.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By hassun

@rorie: I just retried it and it seems to be fixed now:

No Caption Provided

This is undoubtedly a better price although it is still very high. UPS is very expensive in Europe for one reason or another.

There are more sites I could do for T-shirts alone if that would help you.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm told that the shipping weight problems should now be fixed, but it looks like people on twitter are still having issues. If you had problems before with the Bombduders shirt, can you try again and let me know?

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By hassun

@rorie Here are some more comparisons and examples. I did not try to match the item price this time, only looking at the shipping cost of 1 T-shirt.

If there are plans to offer different forms of shipping in the near future I would like to know. I sure wouldn't mind not having to pay more for shipping than the actual item...

Giant Bomb
Giant Bomb

Fright Rags
Fright Rags

Rotten Cotton
Rotten Cotton

The Yetee
The Yetee

T-Shirt Hell
T-Shirt Hell

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: I would ask socialimprints as I have very little control over shipping rates, unfortunately.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By hassun

@rorie: B-but you must be asking for a reason right?

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: I've asked them before and I'm pretty sure it's something related to Shopify. Social Imprints interfaces with Shopify far more than I do, so they're better at answering these kinds of questions than I am.

randiolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#69  Edited By randiolo
No Caption Provided

To Australia, not cheap...

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're including VAT and customs duty at point of sale (maybe? doubtful) then it will for sure seem ludicrously expensive, as most places don't do that when shipping to the UK. Standard practice is that it gets worked out by the UK-side delivery company who then add on extortionate 'handling fees' (ie. for the trouble of working out how much tax was owed and passing it through customs) and then hold your parcel to ransom until you pay.

It's worth noting that if the goods are worth / declared as worth <£15 ($~24) then no VAT or customs duty is (supposed to be) charged. So if you just buy 1 GB shirt for instance and nothing else, you shouldn't be liable for any VAT or customs when it enters the country.

grim_wreeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why are GB users being asked to email orders@socialimprints.com directly? If we're in the GB community, and we're having issues buying from the GB store, then shouldn't GB be contacting their vendor on our behalf in order to fix the problem?

Nubikal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: @hassun: I think I see what's causing some of the disparity in price. The Giant Bomb store sends single t-shirt orders by USPS First-Class Package International Service, while Fright Rags, for example, uses USPS First-Class Large Envelope International Service. Using the USPS price checker shows that a $15 value, 500g package to the UK (being generous to account for big sizes and packaging, I don't know the actual shipping weight) costs $18.60 for a 'package' and $14.47 for the large envelope service. A more reasonable 8oz/226g 'Large Envelope' gets the $8.85 charged by Fright Rags, but would be $12.75 as a 'package'.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By rorie

Why are GB users being asked to email orders@socialimprints.com directly? If we're in the GB community, and we're having issues buying from the GB store, then shouldn't GB be contacting their vendor on our behalf in order to fix the problem?

When I see something like this come into the support email, the extent of what I'm capable of doing is CCing in Social Imprints and asking them what's going on. I'm happy to do that if you like (feel free to email support@giantbomb.com) but if you'd like to get in touch with them directly, that's their email address. Emailing support is just going to add a step and delay the ultimate response to you from the people who handle our shipping. Again, though, perfectly happy to do it if you'd prefer to email me at the support address.

grim_wreeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie: That makes sense. I apologize if I came across a bit mean (I feel bad about everything since reading Patrick's article), reading it back it read like "WTF GB? I GOTTA EMAIL PEEPS NOW? FUUUUUUU".

Thanks for the reply Rorie.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By JohnLocke

@gs_dan:

Yeah this is a good point. The value of the shirt should be on the value of the contents rather than the subscription cost as you can, as you say, add at least £16 to the cost (post office holding fee, plus VAT).

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and this seems like a good place to get some support, @rorie, it would be nice to see some Polo neck shirts on the store in the future.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By hassun

Time for an update.

My order of the "Bombduders" and "Vinnco Maglift System" T-shirts just arrived and boy did I once again get bent over and cavity searched at the border.

+10.31 EUR import taxes

+12.00 EUR "formalities"

This brings the total cost of buying two T-shirts from Giant Bomb at €55.32 or $76.59 ($38.3 per T-shirt) This includes the $15 discount for being a yearly member, without it the total price would be $91.59 ($45.8 per T-shirt)

@rorie

P.S. I did not manage to evade customs last time I ordered from Giant Bomb either. But this is certainly not the case for all the stuff I have imported from outside of Europe or the USA in particular. Under special instructions I always add to send the package marked as "gift" so the chance of being raped by customs is lower, sadly this has not happened. If possible, I would recommend this being implemented in the future. It can make a major difference. (€22.31 or $30.88 in this case)