Short Throw Projectors

KevinWalsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My wife and I are moving from a 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom. We plan to make the second bedroom* into our entertainment space with our PC (this has it's own desk and monitor), PS5** and potentially an ultra short throw (ust) projector. We currently have a 65" 2018 LG OLED which has done us very well but I want to go bigger for this entertainment space. The prices of a 77" or 85" OLED are around the same as a ust so I figured if I'm to invest that amount of money, I would go for a massive screen size. I was just wondering if anyone have any experience with ultra short throw projectors. I've been looking through youtube every so often but I'm still undecided. Does anyone have a unit they like a lot? Any tips for a first timer? Has anyone gotten one and regretted it? Appreciate any input

*The room can get dark so I'm not too worried about light pollution.
**My gaming needs are mostly single player, not a lot of twitch online shooters so input lag isn't a major concern.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

My advice is only use a project in a room where you simply cannot use a slim tv. The lure of 90+ inches of screen sound nice, but a good 4K tv that is 85-86" can cost $1,500 and will look BETTER on most days. And, if you go for a OLED or QLED you are stilling getting a more consistent better image for the cost too.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I don’t know anything about ultra short throw models, but I use an Epson projector as my main tv for movies and gaming and I can’t imagine ever going back to a TV. Quality varies with price, of course, but the mid-range model I use looks as clear as a good TV and can be used in a fully lit room.