Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

Schedule: https://horaro.org/shotsfired4/schedule

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/shotsfiredmarathon

SGDQ Schedule: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

Shots Fired is a shooter focused marathon that happens once every 6-8 months or so, it's all people streaming online and they generally tend to be a little more normal than your average GDQ presenter since they don't have to be in front of hundreds of people while doing it. Last time several of the runs were also done at AGDQ and it was interesting to notice the differences (still worth watching the Hitman run from both). Since a lot of the runs tend to be FPS's you see lots of crazy/interesting movement things. In general many of the runs are for games that you will most likely never see at a GDQ since they don't have to go through the committee.

Highlights on the schedule after a brief perusal: Titanfall 2 at 1:00 PM EST on Wednesday never seen a Titanfall speedrun but I can only imagine it'll be entertaining given the game's movement options. Star Wars Jedi Knight Block (Three Games) From 5:10 PM to 7:10 PM EST on Wednesday; this shit's amazing to watch especially if you haven't before, basically jumps retain your speed momentum and they wind up gliding on the air at like 80 mph for most of the run, highly amusing. Turok and ROTT (2013) from 9:15 PM to 10:25 PM on Wednesday. Sniper Elite 3 Co-op at 7:41 PM EST on Sunday. Covertmuffin will be running Jedi Knight II - Jedi Outcast, you may recall his run at SGDQ last year:

Cubeface (not at SGDQ this year, for the first GDQ in like 4-5 in a row) Runs: Quake at 3:56 PM on Thursday, The Ultimate Doom at 4:21 on Thursday, Blood at 1:56 AM on Sunday. Pretty much any old FPS you see on the schedule will be amazing (no Cyberdemon sadly).

Races: Aforementioned Quake (Cubeface Vs Fi4m3z), Portal at 6:29 PM on Thursday (Alexh0we Vs Moose Hockey), SUPERHOT at 3:19 PM on Friday (isBullets Vs Loxu Vs ADRumbler), Quake II at 10:06 PM on Sunday (Brainfluid Vs Deadbeat), Bioshock 2 at 2:45 PM on Wednesday (Sersanju vs Prototype Alpha)

This event is organized by Shaddex and DrTChops (Skyrim/Dishonored guy) who do actually have a co-op run at GDQ of Divinity Original Sin at 11:21 PM EST on July 5th and Shaddex is also doing a solo run of Wheel of Time at 10:52 AM EST on July 4th. Can only assume Chops will be on the couch for Blood Thunder's Dishonored 2 run.

If you don't know who Shaddex is this glorious 2 minute speedrun of Two Worlds should fill you in:

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By poveren

Very nice.

Edit: Looked at the line up and I find it's way better than GDQ. No fat, no 15 versions of megaman, nice variety of modern games, most of which I finished so should be a good point of reference.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By poveren

Is there runner commentary? I cant tell without sound as I'm at work.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@poveren: Yes they are talking as they play.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Wars Jedi Knight block started, gotta go fast. Also it's on the front page of twitch now apparently. The memefest known as Bedlam worth a watch as well as Titanfall 2 (also starring in SGDQ).

poveren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I watched the replay of Titanfall 2 and once again reassured myself that all these CoD type shooters just aren't my thing. Rise of the Triad was pretty good though, commentator was hating on its broken programming pretty much the whole time.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I had to stop watching during that Front Mission game because the guy kept saying how bad the game was literally every 20 seconds.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alkusanagi: If you're a Front Mission fan the game (Evolved) is alright; mechs move like Front Mission mechs etc.

Old FPS block started, beginning with some weird Star Trek FPS mod thing and then Quake/Doom by Cubeface, then Return to Castle Wolfenstein and New Doom.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man thanks for posting this, I missed a good chunk of it but I will be watching now and hopefully they archive the runs.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers