Should I buy a 360,WII or a PS3.

gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gamenut101

My 360 broke a few days ago and I had bought it off Ebay, so getting a replacement from the big M is a bit a hassle!

I am going to the shops on Wednesday to buy a console and I am not sure what to buy?

Your opinions please!

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By demonbear

What type of gamer are you, do you have an hdtv?

Give us more details man.

Arestice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Arestice

Don't buy a 360 again, just call up M$ and get them to send you a pre payed box to ship it to their repair center.
TBH, I'd go with a PS3 right now - lota good games coming for it.
BUT, if you have people/friends over alot - go with Wii. It's not as much fun playing it alone.

PeterPantsless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PeterPantsless

Were you satisfied with your Xbox or are you looking for something different? I think you just have to weigh up the pros/cons of each system and make a decision for yourself. The Xbox and PS3 are very similar, but you wouldn't know it from all the noise console fanboys make.

gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gamenut101

I have both HD tv and normal and love all types of games my favs are halo, gt4, mg4.

efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By efrucht

We can't make this decision for you.
For the average person, a console is a huge monetary investment. Do research, find out which one has games you will enjoy for a while. Look at your budget, your future budget, and what expenses you have coming down the road. Make your decision then.
The only advice I can give is this: If you really weren't enjoying your 360, try a PS3. If you liked the 360, buy it legitimately with a warranty and game on.

gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gamenut101
efrucht said:
"We can't make this decision for you.
For the average person, a console is a huge monetary investment. Do research, find out which one has games you will enjoy for a while. Look at your budget, your future budget, and what expenses you have coming down the road. Make your decision then.
The only advice I can give is this: If you really weren't enjoying your 360, try a PS3. If you liked the 360, buy it legitimately with a warranty and game on.

"
I have NO money, but will buy one anyway on my new credit card which needs to be abused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
efrucht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By efrucht
gamenut101 said:
"efrucht said:

"
I have NO money, but will buy one anyway on my new credit card which needs to be abused!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"
If you have no money.... then why think about buying a game console?!
Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Schizoid
gamenut101 said:
"efrucht said:

"
"
That is a really, really bad idea. I don't even recommend having a credit card, let alone using one when you have no money.
silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By silkylove

I'd say PS3 or Wii, but that's just because I don't like to pay for online gaming or wireless.  All three systems have good games though.

demonbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By demonbear

You like shooters, you like racing games and you have an hdtv : Buy a PS3. Best new shooters this year are all on ps3.

gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By gamenut101

Good point silkylove I will consider that when making a decision!

Falkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Falkien

PS3 at the moment! Don't buy Wii...

gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gamenut101
Schizoid said:
"gamenut101 said:
"efrucht said:

"
"
That is a really, really bad idea. I don't even recommend having a credit card, let alone using one when you have no money.
"
Thanks for caring dude but i have a very low APR!
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well since you used to have a 360, obviously you would enjoy PS3. Wii, maybe later for a few of its games but its not worth it as a main console.

Yeah just buy the PS3, honestly, it has a ton of variety and PSN (online) is free.. And if you have an HDTV, well even better lol.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Clean

all three of them are great

Falkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Falkien

How did you 360 break? Red Ring of Death?

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

360 still has the best selection of games.

Falkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Falkien

PS3 has both the games that got 10! MGS4 and GTA 4

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thunder

As of now the 360 has the best games library and there are a few good games coming out for it in the Fall and the future. The PS3 also has the best shooters coming out this fall plus they have LittleBigPlanet =]. Id say going with either one is good but if you didnt enjoy the 360 while you had it take the PS3 for a spin.

shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shimbibby

who do you think would win in a tag team fight : Master Chief + Marcus Phoenix vs. Solid Snake + Kratos?
buy the console based on what games you really want. just dont go into debt with that credit card.

gamenut101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gamenut101
Falkien said:
"How did you 360 break? Red Ring of Death?"
RROD  was the cause of the 360 meltdown. DAM!
MrMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrMC

if you had a 360 and you liked it honestly you should probably get a 360 again. for one you have 360 games already...i'd think. and two not too many ps3 exclusives that you'd want right now. like there's killzone 2 and resistance 2 for you. for 360 you'd probably want gears 2. honestly i own all 3 consoles and i'd say the one i put most gaming into might be my wii just because of twilight princess, super mario galaxies, and smash bros....lots and lots of smash bros. and i game alot so that's saying something

Falkien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Falkien

lol that is a shame RROD sucks!

normajean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By normajean777

well since you are using a credit card be careful and remember to pay it off on time. but if you do want a console since you had a 360 and can still use the warranty if you want to sit through the hassle. then i say get a ps3 and then you can have both. Just be careful with credit it can be a good tool or an evil one i say if you buy the console dont buy anything else until it is payed off.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pibo47

Look, no BS here. If you want shooters, get a 360, its got them all, and it has good online service. The PS3 has some good games on it this year (and one great 1), but since you already had a 360 i am betting you already have games on it, so more reason to get it again, but with a warrenty. So far the 360 is the best just based off of the games and the online, i have a PS3 and as much as the fanboys try to tell you the online is almost the same as live's, its not even close. Just try chating in a game onine. KZ2 is coming out next year, and it will most likly suck considering the 1st one blew out the ass, BUT the PS# also has R2 coming out and that game looks beastly, but the 360 has gears 2 along with a few others that the PS3 has aswell (deadspace ect...).

UpMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By UpMax

I dont have a console anymore after my xbox360 broken 1 week after buying it.. I've got the money back from the shop and now I'm planing on getting a ps3. Remember, whatever you chose to buy have fun with it

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pibo47 said:
"Look, no BS here. If you want shooters, get a 360, its got them all, and it has good online service. The PS3 has some good games on it this year (and one great 1), but since you already had a 360 i am betting you already have games on it, so more reason to get it again, but with a warrenty. So far the 360 is the best just based off of the games and the online, i have a PS3 and as much as the fanboys try to tell you the online is almost the same as live's, its not even close. Just try chating in a game onine. KZ2 is coming out next year, and it will most likly suck considering the 1st one blew out the ass, BUT the PS# also has R2 coming out and that game looks beastly, but the 360 has gears 2 along with a few others that the PS3 has aswell (deadspace ect...)."

What shooters? Gears and Halo? Well here comes MAG, Resistance 2, Killzone 2, and Socom. :P It's funny, because I have seen you in other threads being a big fanboy, so don't give me the crap of 'oh im not a fanboy im a gamer' bs.

KZ2 won't suck, trust me on that (I know someone who has played the MP a bit from last year), seriously its going to be epic, especially MP.

But don't be so ignorant and close minded, discuss things as a gamer not a fanboy.
MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By MorkkiTH

I would go with PS3. Lots of good games, free online, Home is coming (someday...), Blu-ray player and Trophies.