Should I go back and play through the Elder Scrolls Morrowind?

Avatar image for deactivated-6157afb2b3c07
deactivated-6157afb2b3c07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I loved Oblivion and have been quite addicted to Skyrim, and still very much am. I played morrowind back in the day, but didn't play through a lot of it. I own the game on Steam and was wondering, is it still worth me going back and playing through?

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By dillonwerner

Yes, go, quest, now.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By matthew

I'd say yes. I'm very much considering doing the same thing, but only after modding the game out to heck. And even though the prospect of MorroBlivion sounds amazing, don't bother with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a feeling I will regret this. lol

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I loved Oblivion, never played Morrowind, but after skyrim I can't bring myself to go back to previous installments in the franchise. Skyrim accomplishes so much of what those games set out to do that it feels like too much of a step backwards for me.

BrockNRolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By BrockNRolla

It an old game that had plenty of problems even at the time. No doubt years of game design are only going to make those seem worse. It's realistically very little like Skyrim in anything but tone at this point. I wouldn't advise it.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mordukai

: Oh yeah. I actually liked it better then Oblivion. Not that Oblivion was bad, I mean fuck...I put over 200 hours into that damn game, just that it felt you had more freedom in Morrowind. Also The mod community has been great at supporting it. There is still much love for Morrowind.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By FreakAche

Yeah. Morrowind is amazing even today. I think that Skyrim surpassed it in most ways, but it's still an interesting game and I would argue that it's stood the test of time much better than Oblivion has.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Morrowind is my favorite game of all time, but even I wouldn't recommend you play it. Most of its game design would seem ancient and obtuse to anyone who didn't play it or appreciate it back then.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Soapy86: I did play it a bit back then on the Xbox. I still didn't really play a lot of it and still would like to go back and see what it was like. Just wondering if I would be wasting my time. Is the main quest about as long as Oblivion's and Skyrim's? If so, than I would finish it. Since both game's stories I finished in no more than a dozen hours. That would be enough to fill me on this.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BraveToaster

It would be awesome of Bethesda added Morrowind to XBLA or something. I've been wanting to play this for a while.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#12  Edited By Little_Socrates

I just started Oblivion today after only really spending time with Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Going back seems to work fine. Based on what others are saying, you should check out Morrowind if you're interested.

DrMcKittrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By DrMcKittrick

@Little_Socrates said:

I just started Oblivion today after only really spending time with Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Going back seems to work fine. Based on what others are saying, you should check out Morrowind if you're interested.

Oblivion is the same generation as Skyrim so of course it's easy to go back. Morrowind is seriously technogically impaired compared to Oblivion. I just can't see doing it.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#14  Edited By Little_Socrates

@DrMcKittrick: I would imagine it's the lessons in user interface rather than actual technological limitations that would hold Morrowind back. If you're interested in going back to a game of the previous generation (which really matters little on the PC anyways) you're probably already going to accept that there are technical limitations. Tech is not the obstacle here if you're of the right mindset.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Just be warned that Morrowind has not aged well at all, and playing it after Oblivion and Skyrim is going to feel pretty backwards.