Should they continue to do MK9 and SF4 TNTs?

• 50 results
shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By shinigami420

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By shinigami420

MK9 and SF4 are always the most boring tnts IMO

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By jacdg

Yeah, they should, just not all of the time, I think they really enjoy these games, so why not?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Aishan

I find the fighting game ones more interesting to watch than the shooter ones.

positrark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By positrark

I understand why they do them, given that many people have these games, and they are fun to play. But I do agree that they're not my favourite TNTs.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ch3burashka

YUUUP 

I'm not much of a MK fan, but I find the tourneys are incredibly enjoyable to watch, since it looks amazing when controlled by a pro MK-er.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By MysteriousBob
@shinigami420 said:

MK9 and SF4 are always the most boring tnts IMO

Rather those than another damn FPS. 

Although I will admit that its been overkill on both those games. Jeff needs to break out some of his SNK collection.
DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By DeeGee

Hell yes.

People like fighting games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#9  Edited By Yummylee

They're kinda stale, but the fights--especially between players who know what they're doing--can make for some fun viewing. I'm completely over-saturated on MK after all the coverage they done for ages with that (more so than any other game I can recall), but some more SFIV I'm OK with.

monkyofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By monkyofdoom

Watching fighting games is great when it is a bunch of high level players facing off on a tourney stream. But to be fair most of these fighting game TNT's just turn into Jeff and Ryan talking about other things while SF4 is played in the background by other players.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I like fighting game tnts better. So more MK and SF! Yes!

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only voted yes because I think the MK TNT's are fun. I fucking HATE Street Fighter 4 and will most likely be skipping TNT unless I'm really bored later.

rmanthorp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By rmanthorp  Moderator
@DeeGee said:

Hell yes.

People like fighting games.

Yes I do.
isles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By isles

Mortal Kombat Scrub League was far and away the best TNT style event Whiskey has ever done, I could watch them play MK or SC2 forever.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DystopiaX

Yeah I suck at them but fighting games are always fun to watch.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea641329300b
deactivated-5ea641329300b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Fighting game TNTs are better then shooters imo.

I wish they'd break out some other fighters. There's a few KoF games on XBL and hell even SF2HF or HDR would be awesome.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Lunar_Aura

Do more competitive or co-op puzzle games like that Critter Crunch they did once or even Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo. Shit guys, there's other genres besides fighters and first-person shooters.

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By craigbo180

I don't know about continued MK9 and SSFIV but I think fighting games in general are good. I prefer seeing them play around launch week because then they just play have fun and do pretty well. They will usually complain a bit when playing them now and talk about how they haven't played in such a long time. Fighters are more entertaining to watch than most games.

monkyofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By monkyofdoom

I don't think that the argument here is whether or not they should never do fighting games again, but think about how much MK or SF we have seen over the last few weeks. I think Dirt 3 was the last TNT with no fighting games in it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By crusader8463

If the only other alternative is more FPS crap then yes, but I would rather them never touch them again. MK9 I like a bit more because the Fatalities are always fun to watch, but SF4 is easily one of the most boring games to watch.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Vexxan

I think most people of this community really enjoy the fighting TNTs but personally I like watching them play a new game every week. But when things go bad and a game is just horrible, it's great to have MK9 as backup 'cause it only takes a minute or two to setup it up and have people waiting to play.

Also, ANYTHING is better than FPS TNTs.

rockinkemosabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By rockinkemosabe

Why not play like Forza 3 or something?

Avatar image for DELETE_chickenpants
ChickenPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ChickenPants

They should try picking genres outside of standard FPS', Driving games and fighters.

Banjo Kazooie was my favourite TNT by far. There are also RTS' outside of Starcraft 2 you know.They need to get more creative with their choices/format.

Master_Funk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Master_Funk

Yeah SF4 TNTs are super boring to watch. Im sure its fun for people who are interested in SF though,

ErrorOperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ErrorOperator

The odd fighting game isnt so bad, but the last couple of months have just been constant MK, and SF4 isnt quite as fun to watch since there arent cool different x-ray moves/fatalities to see. I feel the GB Crew should look back over the blog post Jeff posted requesting games to be played at TNT!

daveg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By daveg

I dont mind, usually theyres alot of good discussion when its fighting games cause its one or two people playing at the most. That double fine sf4 tnt was one of my favorites.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crusader8463

Oh for fuck sakes... Just noticed they are doing Street Fighter 4 again tonight. Le sigh...

monkyofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By monkyofdoom

@crusader8463 said:

Oh for fuck sakes... Just noticed they are doing Street Fighter 4 again tonight. Le sigh...

Yeah, that is pretty much why this discussion started.

DG991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DG991

I'm always down for more MK.... I don't like SSFIV.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By crusader8463
@monkyofdoom said:

@crusader8463 said:

Why again? The guys could have done anything. Are they so afraid to try something different? I get it. Jeff likes SF4. We don't need another dam TNT of it.

There needs to be a rule of never playing the same game more then two times, unless some uber major change happens in some update that does something crazy like turns it into a cart racing game.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By flaminghobo

A little more variety would be appreciated in the TNT but they shouldn't stop SF IV and MK 9 TNT's completely.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By StaticFalconar
@shinigami420 said:

Shooters are always the most boring tnts IMO

Fixed
monkyofdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By monkyofdoom

@crusader8463 said:

@monkyofdoom said:

@crusader8463 said:

Why again? The guys could have done anything. Are they so afraid to try something different? I get it. Jeff likes SF4. We don't need another dam TNT of it. There needs to be a rule of never playing the same game more then two times, unless some uber major change happens in some update that does something crazy like turns it into a cart racing game.

Is seems strange when a few weeks back Jeff made a post asking for TNT game suggestions, and a lot of the suggestions were great. Yet somehow we end up back here at Street Fighter,

xMrSunshine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xMrSunshine
@crusader8463 said:
@monkyofdoom said:

@crusader8463 said:

Why again? The guys could have done anything. Are they so afraid to try something different? I get it. Jeff likes SF4. We don't need another dam TNT of it.  There needs to be a rule of never playing the same game more then two times, unless some uber major change happens in some update that does something crazy like turns it into a cart racing game.
You sure are whining like hell about free content on the internet that no one is forcing you to watch.

Fucking pointless ass thread this is. If the GB crew wants to do one of these then fine, let them do that. It's just one of the many TNTs. If you're not into SFIV or MK9 then don't watch. If you need your GB fill you can watch old QLs of games you like.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By crusader8463
@xMrSunshine said:
@crusader8463 said:
@monkyofdoom said:

@crusader8463 said:

Why again? The guys could have done anything. Are they so afraid to try something different? I get it. Jeff likes SF4. We don't need another dam TNT of it.  There needs to be a rule of never playing the same game more then two times, unless some uber major change happens in some update that does something crazy like turns it into a cart racing game.
You sure are whining like hell about free content on the internet that no one is forcing you to watch.  Fucking pointless ass thread this is. If the GB crew wants to do one of these then fine, let them do that. It's just one of the many TNTs. If you're not into SFIV or MK9 then don't watch. If you need your GB fill you can watch old QLs of games you like.
Right. How dare I voice my opinion about their choice of game because it's different then what they like. The audacity I have to ask them to play something different instead of the same game they have played more times then I can count when there are tons of other suggestions for new games that have been given to them. Everyone should just shut up and let them do what they want. It's not like us coming to this site and posting on it and talking about is the only dam reason they have the site to begin with. But you are right. Just let them keep doing what they want unquestioningly. It's not like we are the ones that make them the money to let them have a website to do what they want on in the first place.

As an aside, I couldn't help but notice that you sure whine a lot about a free thread topic on the internet that you didn't have to come into in the first place. If you don't like the thread topic there are tons of other threads you can click on and read. Why not go read some of the ones about topics you find acceptable instead, since this topic bothers you so much?
jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jasta

When there is nothing else out that is worthy of attention, those games are the best. More Whiskey staff tend to get themselves involved, and I love watching the competition. 

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#37  Edited By Vinny_Says

They should play whatever they want, but there are so many games out there they miss because they insist on playing SF4 over and over and over again. 

The best TNTs were the old games such as Duke and Nuts & Bolts. SF4 is fun to play but boring to watch.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By shinigami420

@blacklabeldomm said:

They should play whatever they want, but there are so many games out there they miss because they insist on playing SF4 over and over and over again. The best TNTs were the old games such as Duke and Nuts & Bolts. SF4 is fun to play but boring to watch.

So true

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By Sooperspy

No. It should be something new every week, unless if nothing comes out that week.
This week should have been Duke Nukem Forever.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SomeJerk

Hey.

Yes-voters.

Fuck you.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BraveToaster

The staff should play whatever they feel like playing for TNT.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By strainedeyes

@Redbullet685 said:

No. It should be something new every week, unless if nothing comes out that week. This week should have been Duke Nukem Forever.

No one wants to watch people forcing themselves to play a game they really don't like for two hours. Also, the MP looked horrible in the quick look.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Karl_Boss

No, Quake II.

hockeymask27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By hockeymask27
@Aishan said:
I find the fighting game ones more interesting to watch than the shooter ones.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pinworm45
@Geo7877 said:

@Redbullet685 said:

No. It should be something new every week, unless if nothing comes out that week. This week should have been Duke Nukem Forever.

No one wants to watch people forcing themselves to play a game they really don't like for two hours. Also, the MP looked horrible in the quick look.

Tons of people wanted it so you're wrong straight anyway. 

Anyway, I can't fucking stand the fighting game ones, nevermind doing them over and over and over. So I'll simply not watch.
dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By dazzhardy

No, I'd much rather they use them for Scrub League style tournaments now. I think we've gotten as much milage out of them as we can get, as evidenced by the backlash against this weeks TNT, which actually ended pretty awesomely. I've adopted the Klepek MASH TILL IT WORKS style into my own SF game and I've seen mild improvement!

Rayeth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rayeth

TNT works great for any game that is not a shooter. Watching shooters is BORING.

I could watching ANY fighting game all day.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

@DazzHardy said:

No, I'd much rather they use them for Scrub League style tournaments now. I think we've gotten as much milage out of them as we can get, as evidenced by the backlash against this weeks TNT, which actually ended pretty awesomely. I've adopted the Klepek MASH TILL IT WORKS style into my own SF game and I've seen mild improvement!

They should expand not to only staff tourneys but also online stuff for us with prizes. I PMed Jeff and Daniel info on having one.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HaltIamReptar

The Mortal Kombat TNTs have been my favorite of them all.