Should we have updatated Console Classics

banunn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By banunn1

Admit it, when the VHS was born you repurchased all of your old favorite movies along with the new releases. When the DVD came out you made sure and picked up Con Air or whatever your particular favorite might be. Today you might be going through the same cycle with your Blu Ray's. The point is as consumers we like to experience old favorites updated with the newest tech.

So, would you like to see a re-release of Halo 1 for the 360, or would you like to maybe check out a 2.5D version of Super Mario World? What do you think, and what games would you like to see with an update?

Xelloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Xelloss

I could be wrong, but VHS was like one of the first mainstream movie format.  But back to your topic, I wouldn't mind updated classics, they kinda are already doing them today with Xbox Live Arcade.  One game that I would want and so does thousands of other would be FFVII.  If they did that with today's tech and they don't change too much I bet it would be an awesome game. 

I think games will need to be at least 2 or 3 generations old before a remake.  Halo 1 is still playable and a great game on the PC and the Xbox 360 since its upscales it to 720p or 1080i. 

banunn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By banunn1

Your right about the VHS. Yeah, I agree about the upscaling stuff. I really wish that developers would leave code open to fully upscaling. ie. My Xbox copy of Half Life 2 looks like crap on my 360 but the PC version still looks better than the new 360 version. (I hope that makes sense.)

DarkLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By DarkLegend

No, I'm not much of a classice gamer.

Xelloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Xelloss

Ya I get what you mean.  I think its just about time and money.  Also we love classics, but we also want new and exciting stuff.  A developer doesn't want to create criticism if some part of the game was changed.  I think thats why some companys, like Square Enix doesn't want to remake FFVII.

MasterSplinter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MasterSplinter

Re-imagined classics are going to be more frequent after the success Bionic Commando is going to have.

banunn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By banunn1
aaron11291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By aaron11291

Isn't rare re-releasing BanjoKazooie with updated visuals on XBLA to coincide with Nuts and Bolts?  I think that's a pretty cool idea

aaron11291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By aaron11291

Isn't rare re-releasing BanjoKazooie with updated visuals on XBLA to coincide with Nuts and Bolts?  I think that's a pretty cool idea

tec3297

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By tec3297
aaron11291 said:
"Isn't rare re-releasing BanjoKazooie with updated visuals on XBLA to coincide with Nuts and Bolts?  I think that's a pretty cool idea
"
Yes they are and I CANT WAIT!!
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Wolverine

Movies are very different then video games though. Films are released in first in a theater and then later put on whatever format is present. It is very easy to put these movies onto a higher format because most of the time the movies were taped with good enough cameras. To re-release classics as a $60 game would take to much work, time and money. I think what you will see are old games being released on XBLA, PSN, and Wii's virtual console.