Shouty food emails on the Beastcast...

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Poll Shouty food emails on the Beastcast... (156 votes)

The Food Emails Are Fine 54%
Please Stop 34%
Just Read Them Last So We Know We're Not Missing Anything Else If We Switch Off 12%

The west coast crew are completely able to comport themselves when responding to food emails. But similar discussions on the Beastcast routinely descend into inane shouting nonsense that typically marks the end of my patience with the given episode.

Maybe I'm a food-preference and shouting hating monster, but I'm getting a bit frustrated with it.

• 
ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

You can skip over that stuff. I love it when the beast crew (or anyone) talk about food.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry you don't like fun.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@frytup: I don’t have a problem with the food convos but that’s a really reductive and shitty thing to say. Not everyone likes the same stuff you don’t have to make someone feel shitty for it.

BonelessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Personally, I find food discussions to be the most inane shit on earth. Talking about food to me is like talking about the weather or what your favorite color is. Just boring. But that's just me, I know most people love it. I just skip over it.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I don't mind the content, but I do find that the East Coast crew are generally very, very, very loud and rambunctious. It keeps me away from a lot of their content, I don't enjoy when people raise their voices for prolonged periods of time.

frytup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I dunno, posting a passive-aggressive poll to complain about food emails seems pretty shitty to me.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fun or not (I tend to enjoy them), when sent to Beastcast, food related emails certainly have a about 90% chance to make them go on a long discussion/rant about it just because of Dan's taste.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Is this because of the McNuggets conversation? I liked it!

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm all for it. It's a fun dumb thing that is part and parcel to all the meandering dialogue that I love from both coasts.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i expressed this in another thread not too long ago- but just because i haven't punched my 'emails-curmudgeon' ticket yet today-

down with *all emails!

*by 'all' i mostly mean inane. food emails usually end up being pretty stupid (yes i'm being judgmental), and honestly they're all softballs. the best emails are the ones that are either completely off the rails silly (knife v. bat), or the ones that induce introspection. i suppose food emails have the potential to provide what i'm looking for- but oftentimes it's just something akin to, 'here's something gross- should i eat it? would you eat it?'

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I get that there’s a long history of dumb food emails on the Bombcast, but I think the staff answers to them had a lot more energy back in the Jeff/Vinny/Ryan/Brad era.

Anytime a food email comes up on present day Bombcast or Beastcast, I just groan. I think food emails are a tired concept that has worn out its welcome.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's better than poop talk

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By htr10

@quantris:

Do you remember when they read that email on the Bombcast about a guy’s girlfriend watching him take a dump and the entire world just let it happen? Try getting upset about Alex and Dan arguing over McNuggets after listening to that.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I zone out during food discussions, especially when they talk about local restaurants. I know the site was built on energy drink discussions but ah well.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

I'm about as tired of bad food discussion as I am of bad bathroom talk. Both tend to be really repetitive, drag on for way too long, and inevitably degrade into Dan shouting about something only he cares about.

SethMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

and inevitably degrade into Dan shouting about something only he cares about.

To be fair, so many topics do this, especially lately.

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Food emails only end in me being deeply confused about how people can be so damn picky.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Christoffer

Most of the podcasts I follow have segments I care less about (e.g. the hosts forget all about podcast decorum and just talk over eachother making it impossible to follow the discussion). That's why the "skip forward 30 sec" button is there. Keep it all in, some people might find joy in it.

OtmShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alex calling Dan a “war criminal” because of his opinions on nuggets was hilarious! The food discussions typically only pop up at the end of the podcast so just fast forward through it 🤷🏻‍♂️

nutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

The video game talk has always been my least favorite part of Giant Bomb’s podcasts.

This site was built on Tiger Woods-branded Gatorade, goddamnit!

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@otmshank said:

Alex calling Dan a “war criminal” because of his opinions on nuggets was hilarious! The food discussions typically only pop up at the end of the podcast so just fast forward through it 🤷🏻‍♂️

I mean, he's not wrong.

sombre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

They're fucking moronic

Zleunamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Food conversations in a video game podcast are awesome. Conversations about fecal matter are not so great.

JonRambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find them kinda funny. A little ridiculous bc they’re always arguing about just shitty fast food.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The only time I ever find them interesting/funny are when people react to Dan's tastes. The west coast food talk is worse to me.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@htr10: I think it was the other way around. The girlfriend's boyfriend thought she was cheating on him because she took a shit, forgot to flush and he found it and thought there was no possible way it came from her ergo she must be cheating.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I listen to the Bombcast and Beastcast for the emails. Inane food emails included.

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish:

I don’t remember that one. That has to be a completely different poop email. Maybe food emails are okay.

Luchalma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate food emails. Hate them.