Silent Hills petition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

There is a petition going around to keep developement going on Silent Hills. I'm sure it will come to nothing as the circumstances seem crazy but Dark Souls got a PC port because people asked for it. It is gaining steam rather quickly though. Anyway, it can't hurt right? You should sign it!

Here's the link: https://www.change.org/p/kojima-productions-continue-working-on-silent-hills

(Sorry I'm on a cell phone so I can't make it pretty.)

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Um, I'd rather just have PT on PC...

Which is also probably not going to happen.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3 FinalDasa  Moderator

This will not happen.

Silent Hills was probably barely in development and no petition is going to convince Konami to suddenly sink millions of dollars into a game they have no interest in making.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Online petitions always work!!! I will sign right away!!!

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShaggE

I wish like hell a petition would be effective. But given the scale of the project, the Kojima drama, and Konami clearly wanting to get out of video games, we'd have a better chance of getting Half Life 3 made.

Edit: Yay, I missed me ol' subscriber badge! Glad to be chipping in on Dan's depressing eating habits once more.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rafaelfc

It's dead, Jim!

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc: what about that one where Bones puts Spock's brain back in his head? He could've never done it without a petition! (Or space magic or something. I can't remember how that episode went.)

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you don't sign this you have no soul, regardless of outcome.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Hunter5024

I think there's effectively a 0% chance that they smooth things over with Kojima, get Del Toro back on board, and then keep everything together long enough to make this game. But hopefully this petition at least manages to reach somebody at Konami and show them how unhappy everyone is with some of their recent decisions.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, was it "in development" to begin with? I can't see this happening.

jay_ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By jay_ray

I think there's effectively a 0% chance that they smooth things over with Kojima, get Del Toro back on board, and then keep everything together long enough to make this game. But hopefully this petition at least manages to reach somebody at Konami and show them how unhappy everyone is with some of their recent decisions.

Konami might care if they were in the video game business, they appear to not want to be in the video game business anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there's a bit of a difference between making a game and porting an existing game to PC.

I mean, I WANT to believe this will work, but I'm certain that it's not gonna work, and that breaks my heart.

BBOYS2231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't necessarily see it as a terrible thing that Silent Hills was cancelled. Now Kojima can take that vision, do whatever he wants with it, and call it something else. I'd put more trust in Kojima rather than Konami on the future of what "P.T" turns out as.

ShaolinSpade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bboys2231: You're right. And I think a large public lamentation of Silent Hills' cancelation will send a clear message to Kojima and other studios that their audience wants this kind of horror game.

Which is Outlast, Slender, or Amnesia with a bigger budget, a familiar setting, unexplainable phenomenon, and Norman Reedus.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZolRoyce

I think there is a better chance of Kojima making his own studio or joining someone elses studio and making his own unique horror game, possibly calling Del Toro back to work with him.
Someone mentioned in another thread that Konami owns the engine he had been using, but it's not impossible for him to make his own/use another companies.

Besides, I love the Silent Hill series, but the interesting thing about the Silent Hill series was the town was just a hub for whoevers story they wanted to tell, they only real story connection was between 1 and 3 and they wrapped it up, the rest of the games just had slight references to each other.
So I was mostly excited for a new big budget horror game then I was for a Silent Hill game.
There is no reason he couldn't use the ideas he had and set it in a different town, sure there are some Silent Hill staples I might miss, cool locations they could have revisited, not to mention the classic "You think shit is scary now? loud siren noisefuck you now shit's going to get baaaaad" level transformation. But I'm sure Kojima could figure something out.

Also, why would anyone want them to work together again? Seriously? After everything Konami was confirmed to do (wiping his name out of all of his games) and all of the rumors about other crazy shit, it sounds like there was nothing mutual about this, it sounds like there are some people here who haaaate the guy and maybe vice versa, soooooo, what people are basically looking for is a work environment where he goes back to a bunch of assholes? That's pretty lousy. If your boss spit in your face and slapped you, why would you ever want to work for them again?

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ry_Ry

Konami doesn't seem to want to make risky investments anymore. I can't blame them, but as a fan of the stuff they used to make it does make me a bit sad.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is scarier than P.T.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, first of all Kojima Productions doesn't officially exist anymore.

And second, Konami is too stubborn to care about a petition.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

@rafaelfc said:

It's dead, Jim!

Yeah. Better to let it stay dead, as Kojima and Guillermo del Toro are off the project.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#20 alistercat  Online

Misguided and ignorant are too kind to describe this, but that's what I'll go with.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#21  Edited By monkeyking1969

Yeah, so, I don't think Konami is confused or unaware of the popularity of P.T.

This is a punishment, this is public statement on Konami's part; so they are not going to "rethink" this. In fact, if you believe Konami is trying to push Kojima's face in the dirt...why try to get "this game" back? If you want Kojima to make more game - then just be patient because he will do it elsewhere.

Personally, I think Kojima is a rotten game director, a terrible story teller, and a bit of a sexist-ass; but he will pop up somewhere using someone's deep pockets to make games. That happens no matter what Konami does, so if you want his 'product' just sit back - its coming.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty embarrassing all these petitions for games like.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

Wow, change.org? This is just sad you guys. Let it go.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

singed

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

A. There is no Kojima Productions anymore.

B. Konami owns all the rights and assets to Silent Hills.

C. Konami has also shown a lack of interest in creating new video games.

D. Del Toro is sure to be attached to another failed game project by E3.

conker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At this point, after all the shit coming out of Konami, I'm almost happy they're NOT developing it anymore.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Konami knows how popular P.T. was. A signed petition carries much less weight than the download, let's play, and social media reference numbers.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kasaioni
@monkeyking1969 said:

Personally, I think Kojima is a rotten game director, a terrible story teller, and a bit of a sexist-ass;

Is it really necessary to mention this every time you comment on anything Kojima related?

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here's a secret for you: KONAMI DOESN'T CARE! I'm all for petitions, they have often proved to have an effect on developers and even big ass publishers. But Konami doesn't give a shit, so this seems sorta pointless. I guess its harmless though...

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@kasaioni: ISome people like him and some people don't; but, we can all have and share our opinions. What is interesting is that you decided to expand my opinion to a wider audience by stopping to comment to me here; so I do thank you for that.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By cornbredx

I'm not against these silly petition things (because they have done things for video games before, so they do, somehow, work) but I'm not going to sign it.

Silent Hills had potential but the Silent Hill franchise has gone off the rails so much in the past I'd rather just stick to the good ones. Without the potential there (and seemingly Konami not wanting to focus on video games in a meaningful way anymore) this wouldn't turn out well anyway.

Yes, Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, and yes (imo) 4 were great games. It's time to look for new ones.

To that point, Frictional games has been doing great on that front. I can't wait to see what comes of their next game. They don't make the same kind of game, I know, but they're still great psychological horror games. I always look forward to the future and try not to hold onto the past too much.

Sometimes you have to move forward.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I can't hope but roll my eyes at this a little bit, considering what I usually see on Change.org.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monkeyking1969: Don't be one of those people who has to "win" at everything. Just stop.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Petition for the sake of a petition

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Alright, I think we can close this topic now. We don't need a useless change.org thread taking up space on the front page for a few more days while everyone gets their jabs in.