Single Hand Phone Games for New Dads

Jhayward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

My partner and I recently had our first child which has been amazing but has also lead to a lot of late nights/early mornings cradling a sleeping infant so my wife can get some rest.

My question is does anyone have any phone games they'd recommend that can be played single handed while the little dude sleeps?

Cheers

Anthenagin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Hi, Congrats on the new addition to your family!

Here's what I played when I was in your situation. Pretty much all puzzle-ish games that don't require any fast reaction times.

Solitarica (Rouge Lite Solitare)

Knotwords (Hybrid of Crosswords, and Wordle)

Threes! (Numbers game)

10000000 & It's sequel; You Must Build a Boat (both are match three with lite RPG mechanics)

Imbroglio (Rogue lite that takes place on a 4x4 grid)

chamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chamurai

Vampire Survivors is on mobile now. I played on my PC with WASD and all you'd really need is one hand.

Edit: Also, congrats on the kid! I had my third in late October and it was a revelation when I found I could play Vampire Survivors while cradling her.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

We had our second child recently, and I’ve played a ton of the mobile port of Slay The Spire. If I wasn’t burned out on it by this point, I would also have played a lot of Super Auto Pets.

fingerprints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah love this topic. So got to be Slay the spire on mobile. Especially as you can drop it and leave. HEARTHSTONE does work but u can't drop and leave as easily. Lots of JRPG on mobile work well. Oddly enough my daughter when she was born wouldn't sleep alone and had to be on someone. So I took the night shift and whilst she slept on me tucked in my dressing gown I played and 100% God Of War 2018!

Jhayward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for all the great responses guys, have been MIA for a few days with aforementioned new Dad responsibilities so just getting around to reading through them.

Saw Vampire Survivors mobile on the GAs and gave it a shot and am loving it so far. Will check out the other recs too.

Jhayward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fingerprints: Haha yeah my little dude is the same, hit or miss sleeping in the bassinet but if he's on someone he'll go down for hours.

Jhayward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@palumanic: Congrats mate! Enjoy the beautiful rollercoaster. Can 1000% recommend Vampire Survivors. I think I put about 50 hrs into it over the course of 2 weeks, incredible game and perfect to play with one hand.

palumanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By palumanic

Count me in! A fresh dad here, playing Doodle Jump with one hand while soothing a tiny tot with the other. Ahaha, who knew multitasking could reach such levels? But seriously, as a new dad who's also running a business, things can get a little bit tricky. I had to find a way to balance dad duties with answering endless business calls. That's when I found out about a virtual phone system that has this really nifty auto-attendant feature. This cool tool automatically answers incoming calls, offers a customized greeting, and transfers callers to the right person or department. The best part is I was able to set it up and control everything right from my phone - all with just one hand. If you ever find yourself in a similar situation, trust me, it's a total game-changer. Check out these features and see if it helps you with your juggling act as it did with mine. In the end, it's all about making these crazy, wonderful new dad days a bit more manageable!