Skits for GOTY 17?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

Having been a site user since this place was a blog, i've seen plenty of awesome video content, but the best videos for me have always been the skits before introducing the Game of The Year awards. The fake FMV videos, the Tv shows, and the gamepocalypse videos were all wonderful!

Is there any chance we'll get them this year? I know its hard with the team on two coasts, but with 3 new people in the office, and expressed interest by Abby for more "produced" or edited content, maybe there is a chance?!

For Context: Game of the Year 2011, Space Egypt! Feat. Kleptok

And Game of the Year 2012: The Hunkademic. Feat. The Hurdy Gurdy Man

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I get the feeling they're just gonna keep doing the "twist on regular content" videos now.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@teddie said:

I get the feeling they're just gonna keep doing the "twist on regular content" videos now.

I'm sure we'll at least get that, which is still quite fun!

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

It's possible. The Vinny/Abby tag-team has certainly been putting out more "produced" content, and there are four video producers on staff now, so they might do something dumb.

It was great that last year's offering gave us a SUBSTANTIAL amount of video content, so there was plenty to watch while the staff were out on break.

But yeah, the TV show parodies are amazing. Vinny's (or Drew's? or somebody else's?) eye for detail in aping everything about the way 60 Minutes do a story is impeccable. That dunk is here to stay, lady.

pnevares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

While I enjoyed the sketches in years past, last year's holiday content was one of my favorites. My wife watched almost every one of them with me and it really did seem like a Best Of 2017 recap.

Sheikh Zanzibar really helped.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Normal videos but Ben grows taller as the week goes on.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I feel like those days are gone so I'm not expecting anything.

I get the sense they rather lean on volume for when they're not in the office during holidays. Who knows, I'd like to see some scripted stuff but it's either that or hours upon hours of sit and hang content.