skyrim whats next?

spartanlolz92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By spartanlolz92

After playing this game for a good while. it seems that i can't come up with anything they could improve to make it better. This is one of the few times infact my only time as a gamer where i find myself thinking how are they going to top themselves? Am i only the person who feels this way?? maybe im just not the creative type.

though i have heard a few quest plots were brought back from oblivion mostly for the daedra. so maybe story originality who knows

aside from better graphics you know the usual improvements that happens with every sequel and a change of setting what else could they do to innovate??

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By McGhee

I want to have my own dragon and be able to fly it around the map.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BraveToaster

Even though the combat is better than Oblivion, it still needs improvement.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Hizang

I think they would have to not do another similar type of terrain, I would like to see a water based one where there are boats and pirate ships and deserts.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman

The combat is only thing that I could really see being improved. And I guess removing some of that jank.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#6  Edited By Icemael

They could make the combat good.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Marz

here is what's left in Tamriel that they have not created landmasses in a game engine for.

Black marsh
elsweyr
Valenwood
Summerset Isles

Personally the Khajitt homeland Elsweyr sounds the most interesting as a setting, dry, desert, tropical near the sea....  I think i've seen enough snow to last a lifetime in skyrim :P

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Deusx

The Elder Scrolls: San Andreas... Just sayin'

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Doctorchimp

Optimization could have been better...

But man they pretty much nailed it. Combat I guess? Even though it's pretty good right now.

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Vodun

It needs the melee combat from Dead Island.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShaggE

Endless DLCs of nothing but new caves to explore. Almost every cave in that game is like a bite-sized game experience all it's own. They keep makin', I'll keep takin'.

Lucifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lucifer

@Marz said:

here is what's left in Tamriel that they have not created landmasses in a game engine for. Black marsh elsweyr Valenwood Summerset Isles Personally the Khajitt homeland Elsweyr sounds the most interesting as a setting, dry, desert, tropical near the sea.... I think i've seen enough snow to last a lifetime in skyrim :P

Yeah i think Elsweyr is a pretty good guess regarding were the Elder Scrolls will take place next. But I think it would actually be a combination of Valenwood aswell seeing as Elsweyr is rather small. It just seems logical. Magical, tropical forests and deserts would be such a nice contrast to Skyrims Firs and snowy mountains. Yes i know I shouldn't be thinking about TESVI since Skyrim was released less than a week ago. But it's fun to speculate isn't it?

No Caption Provided
Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Lucifer said:

@Marz said:

here is what's left in Tamriel that they have not created landmasses in a game engine for. Black marsh elsweyr Valenwood Summerset Isles Personally the Khajitt homeland Elsweyr sounds the most interesting as a setting, dry, desert, tropical near the sea.... I think i've seen enough snow to last a lifetime in skyrim :P

Yeah i think Elsweyr is a pretty good guess regarding were the Elder Scrolls will take place next. But I think it would actually be a combination of Valenwood aswell seeing as Elsweyr is rather small. It just seems logical. Magical, tropical forests and deserts would be such a nice contrast to Skyrims Firs and snowy mountains. Yes i know I shouldn't be thinking about TESVI since Skyrim was released less than a week ago. But it's fun to speculate isn't it?

No Caption Provided

Eh..

I'd much rather see Hammerfell, which should have some exotic ass locations ranging from arabic inspired stuff to pirates and swashbucklers being everywhere.

Black Marsh would also be great.

But man if we could get to Akavir...that would be amazing.

Sorrowsan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sorrowsan

Dark souls style combat :D

shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By shiftymagician

The game is great but there are two things for me that can be improved significantly:

• Combat could be made more fluid and Dark Messiah is a good example of how to make the combat work and be more exciting in the first person for many gamers. I'm personally fine with the combat but hey if they could try to make it more impactful in the future than that would be great.
  • Better animation systems to sell the believability of the world a bit more. More specifically make animation transitions a lot more fluid and seamless. Most animations individually look pretty good however when people go from one animation to another it can be a bit jarring at times. Hopefully Bethesda can improve on this since they seem to have nailed most of everything else in this game at the moment.

Other than that, continually improving their development cycle to reduce the bugs more and more are essential in the future. Thankfully patches exist as a just-in-case measure but still, the less bugs at launch the better. However for all the things that this game actually does well, good on them for making the most solid iteration of the Elder Scrolls yet.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Itwastuesday

Isn't there a whole different continent on Nirn with weird tiger people and monkey men? Fuck it, let's go see what they're up to.

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vexxan
@Axxol said:
Even though the combat is better than Oblivion, it still needs improvement.
Agree, I think it still feels a bit...awkward. 
FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By FlipperDesert

Skyrim?

Spacerim.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By blackbird415

@spartanlolz92: Right now I mostly see the possibilities of graphical improvements. The leveling system has been streamlined and is well done enough in their design that it allows progression even after the level cap. Its the most user friendly elderscrolls ever for certain. Really the most I see now is maybe adding certain things in terms of animation and graphic, but as far as design it will take much contemplation and thinking to muster constructive improvements.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zeforgotten

@Marz said:

I agree, in the beginning I was thinking "wow, this does look amazing" when you get to the mountain areas that are just covered in snow. After spending a ton of time in those areas I started to think "Well, at one point games were just brown because that looked cool to some people.. Now everything is just white".

Elsweyr could be really cool.

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Lunar_Aura

The combat went from utter shit to just serviceable.

They really need to implement things like lock-on, roll dodging, backward hop evade, and hit recoil. I'm hitting you with a damn sword, and even though you are strong as hell, you should still be reeling from the impact.

If Skyrim got a combat system that was actually good or great, this would be the ultimate game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZeForgotten said:

@Marz said:

I agree, in the beginning I was thinking "wow, this does look amazing" when you get to the mountain areas that are just covered in snow. After spending a ton of time in those areas I started to think "Well, at one point games were just brown because that looked cool to some people.. Now everything is just white".

Elsweyr could be really cool.

I've wanted to explore Valenwood since Morrowind, though I don't think that'd be a good setting for a whole game. After seeing you mention Elsweyr, those two would be great locations for the next game. Those two combined would be about the size of Skyrim, and would give a large variety of locales and culture to explore.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By inkerman

Mount&Blade combat.

Arabes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Arabes

Change the combat definitely. remove the ability to run backwards, it is the stupidest fucking thing in any game when you fight with a sword. I know a lot of people hate the idea of action rpgs but lets be honest, they are what traditional have become. A better combat system integrated with levelling stats and skills should not be beyond the realms of possibility. I'm not sure what the character interaction is like throughout the whole game but that could definitely be improved from what I've seen. Better and more meaningful dialogue would be good.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@Icemael said:
They could make the combat good.
The combat is good.
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Marz

@Doctorchimp: Hammerfell is good but then they may as well just add high rock as well and call it a Daggerfall remake(which i wouldn't mind since it's such an old game now).

Still_I_Cry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Still_I_Cry

@Hizang said:

I think they would have to not do another similar type of terrain, I would like to see a water based one where there are boats and pirate ships and deserts.

Elder Scrolls VI: Pirate Cove

I would play it!

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Pibo47

I think Elsweyr or Valenwood are going to be the next locations. Elsweyr is my first pick honestly. All the crazy ass desert monsters sounds like fun to me :)

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AuthenticM

Next-gen consoles will make the next game better.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Farscape meets Blade Runner type of game with close to the same engine, but that's just me.

david3cm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By david3cm

I enjoy me some dungeon crawling, but when I've played about 5 hours in a day and most of that time was spent making my way through very aesthetically similar dungeons, I wish they would make the different caves and holds look a little more varied. Other than that and the Bethesda jank, I'm in love with this game. I get a little lost with all the different fantasy factions and peoples I have to keep up with, so maybe a journal of some kind keeping track would be cool, but I can always consult a wiki.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Can we please enjoy the game for a year before we discuss this? Jesus.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zelyre

Bring back Arena/Daggerfall style combat. Button to activate weapon mode, mouse/stick to swing the weapon. Successfully timing a swing to hit an opponent's weapon, perhaps at a certain weapon skill, would parry, opening up a window for a reposte attack.

New Vegas style NPCs. There's only one companion that has a reason to go traveling with you, you essentially get a slave. Every other companion character I've met has been a "Here's your book. Now... join me in life and death situations."

And once the creation kit comes out, I'd like to see the following things return:

Flight. Fighting dragons while mounted on a dragon? Or becoming a dragon. Yes, please.

Spell creation. Electric fireballs? Summoning spectral daggers to throw? Summoning an army of ghosts?

Companions with a story. I thought Willow was a very well done mod and hope to see the team that did that mod do something for Skyrim.

And, a mod like wasteland defense for New Vegas would be awesome. Create a castle of your own. Defend it from Imperial attacks with mercenaries you've hired in taverns.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By theguy

The user interface on PC, the combat, the bugs.... It's an amazing game but it's far from flawless.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By fini_fly

It would be pretty epic if they simply made all of Tamriel explorable.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SlightConfuse

they could bring back the arena for DLC

usgrovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By usgrovers

I really like that they eliminated major/minor skills, but I still would like some basic classes, just to get some bonus skills starting out (like Dark Souls). The idea that my character didn't have a profession leading into the events of the game is a little off for me

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By TheHBK

people love to go to improving the combat, I see nothing wrong with it completely, go back and play Morrowind to see shitty ass combat. But is there an example of first person melee combat that should be emulated?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By project343

I want Shivering Isles 2.0. I loved how wacky and insane that expansion pack was.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

They should make the game part better.

Albaficass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Albaficass

@spartanlolz92: what i would LOVE to see from bethesda is the same type of games like elders scrolls BUT in the greek mythology or egyptian i think it could REALLY work

these two countries has such huge stories behind them and i think bethesda could use that for games

Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Slaker117

I'd like to see Elsweyr, partially just because I like the name.