• 160 results
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pazy

Personally I never really gotten into Bioshock though I have owned it twice, once on Xbox 360 and currently on PS3, I have never gotten into the characters, story or atmosphere. When I originally played it on Xbox 360 what ruined it for me was the gunplay which I, personally, felt didnt have a good feel to it and seemed to make up most of the 'gameplay' (although I know the story is what people remember) so I didnt enjoy playing the game. I ended up trading in the game but remembering all the praise that was given to it, and still is, I decided to rebuy it when I saw the Ps3 version going for cheap. Im trying to play more of the game to get to the twist that people keep saying exists, and im actually looking forward to that moment, but what is ruining it for me even more than the weak-feeling gunplay is that I have to use the "R2" button to fire. This is a relatively small flaw but I dont enjoy using "R2" to fire, in general I dont like using the button but it has its uses but for me firing a gun is not one of those uses.

So for me using R2 to fire in Bioshock, or in fact any PS3 game, is making it really hard for me to enjoy playing the game (I wish I had the option of using R1).

What small flaw's have ruined, or perhaps just seriously dulled, a game for you?

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Bionicicide

Bad lip-syncing. I always look at another character if they have something important to say, even if I see shiny stuff in the corner.

DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By DanielJW

Being inable to jump.

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jim_dandy

Mouse acceleration.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By AlwaysAngry

Bad graphics.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By Sooperspy

Not having zombies.
But it really is bad lip-sync/graphics.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Hourai

Lame music. 

iSylence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By iSylence

Probably getting stuck in geometry frequently.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Diamond

This happened to me really recently : Bioshock 2 on PC resetting mouse sensitivity every time I load a save.  Can't be fixed with those ini changes either.  Makes the game virtually unplayable to me and it's such a small bug.

Avatar image for holdontoyourasses
HoldOnToYourAsses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Bad lyp-syncing is extremely annoying,lame music also,bad graphics don't have to ruin the game for me but it definetly makes the feel of it a little worse and not being able to jump!

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King

I think he's talking about specific games, guys. For me, the batshit insane pacing of The Legend of Dragoon killed it for me.

DaManGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By DaManGB

Yea bad lip syncing is annoying, like Heavy rain, amazing game but was kinda messed up by it.

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JoelTGM

The laggy aim of Killzone 2.  When I first played the game, it was awesome and I couldn't stop.  Then I took a break and played some other shooters, and when I came back to KZ2 I just couldn't get back into it, due to the delayed aiming control.

The multiplayer of MW2 is sort of ruined for me because of all the bad maps.  I want to go back to COD4, but at the same time I don't want to leave all the new weapons and stuff behind.  It's just I can't find one single map in MW2 that I actually want to play.  I did buy the map packs, and I am so happy to have some of the COD4 maps brought back, but because it's random I don't get to play them very often.  Eh, I think I'll actually go install COD4 right now.  I mean, according to xfire it's played way more than MW2 is. 

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By habster3
@HoldOnToYourAsses said:
"Bad lyp-syncing is extremely annoying,lame music also,bad graphics don't have to ruin the game for me but it definetly makes the feel of it a little worse and not being able to jump! "

Yeah; I love to jump in games!
Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Oblivion: Skin Tone of the head not matching the body, with a noticeable line around the neck.  It pains me so much that I couldn't play the game for months, and when I do I have to keep a shirt or robe on every character at every time.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SpartyOn

Games trying to add difficulty at the VERY end by just making things "cheap".  I hate cheap deaths.

memo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By memo

the out of control glitching in MW2

bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#18  Edited By bed

the dumb split screen thing in RE5. ruined the split screen :/

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By mazik765

Equipped armour/weapons not changing the appearance of your character.

SpartyOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SpartyOn
@mazik765 said:
" Equipped armour/weapons not changing the appearance of your character. "
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By Jeust

Lame story. If i don't like the story i ask myself - Why am i playing this crap?

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Low rez textures for multiplatform games.

Waffles13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Waffles13

I'm gonna go recent and say the conclusion of Singularity. Loved the game up to that point and the direction the story was going, but the way it concluded was, in my book, awful. While the revelations that occur could be cool (no spoilers, don't worry), I feel like they have the NPCs suddenly realize something that the player understood within the first half an hour of the game, and then somehow extrapolate that simple fact to INSANE levels, leaving you with 3 shitty choices that lead to 3 shitty endings with no real "conclusion" to the story.

I would have given that game a 4 or 5 stars, but coming off of that ending makes me feel like the entire experience was a waste of time.

Tophat666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#25  Edited By Tophat666

First Person View (the only reason why I didn't play SMT:SJ on the DS), & no I'm not saying FP is a Flaw, it's just feels weird to me.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#26  Edited By Shadow

Collectibles.  I hate them so much.  And yet I'm driven to either get them all or not play the game.  If they're hidden enough and miss-able enough, I won't play the game almost n matter how good it is otherwise

ColMirage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ColMirage

Lacking spell effects.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pazy
@AjayRaz said:

" the dumb split screen thing in RE5. ruined the split screen :/ "

Though it didnt ruin the game for me it didnt get very close, my TV is 22" so when it is split to that small area (in any game that isnt using the whole screen for split screen) it becomes very hard to see what is happening or aiming especially when a large portion of the screen is taken up by your own character. I tried to play the game with a friend at his house and we ended up giving up on the game because we couldn't play properly with the small area and the distance between his TV and couch.

EDIT: I remember Call of Duty: World at War using the same small area for the split-screen but at least when one player dies it gives the remaining player the entire screen. In RE5, and most games ive seen use this kind of split-screen, the remaining player still has a small area to work with a message to remind him his friend is head which is incredibly useful.

mugugipan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mugugipan
I had the same answer, but for me the small problem (along with the gunplay) was the fact that nobody else seemed to have all the powers that the guy had, yet thats what supposedly ruined their society. 
@Pazy said:
"

Personally I never really gotten into Bioshock though I have owned it twice, once on Xbox 360 and currently on PS3, I have never gotten into the characters, story or atmosphere. When I originally played it on Xbox 360 what ruined it for me was the gunplay which I, personally, felt didnt have a good feel to it and seemed to make up most of the 'gameplay' (although I know the story is what people remember) so I didnt enjoy playing the game. I ended up trading in the game but remembering all the praise that was given to it, and still is, I decided to rebuy it when I saw the Ps3 version going for cheap. Im trying to play more of the game to get to the twist that people keep saying exists, and im actually looking forward to that moment, but what is ruining it for me even more than the weak-feeling gunplay is that I have to use the "R2" button to fire. This is a relatively small flaw but I dont enjoy using "R2" to fire, in general I dont like using the button but it has its uses but for me firing a gun is not one of those uses.

So for me using R2 to fire in Bioshock, or in fact any PS3 game, is making it really hard for me to enjoy playing the game (I wish I had the option of using R1).

What small flaw's have ruined, or perhaps just seriously dulled, a game for you?

"

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Pazy

A few more I have thought of:

Fable 2: 'Wife' making the game a chore.

This is not so much a flaw with the game since it derives my from my own personality. I tend to have a completionist nature, paradoxically I am also very 'lazy' and focus on the critical path which has some interesting effects, so I was doing each quest that I saw. One quest involved me 'dealing' with a dead man's wife, the dead man appearing as a ghost to give me the quest, and the final choice was to murder her as the man had asked or to marry her so my kind nature resulting in me choosing the marry option, though I would have preferred a simple 'not kill' option, so I now have a wife. My kind nature also means I cannot kill her or let someone kill her, including my friend when he suggested I let him kill my wife, so she takes a little of my money - not in itself a problem - but also now gets angry when I leave for mission so I keep having to return to the same place. This started to bring the game down to a slow pace and made my 'wife' a trammel.

I will need to return to the game and quickly kill my wife before I get into the right headspace where I would wish to prevent it. Though this is very much my own personality manifesting itself and I would never deride the game for this.

Scarface: The World is Yours (Xbox): Save file losing many hours.

I got this game many years after it was released and I rather enjoyed what I played. Though I cant remember exactly how the same system worked I remember saying quite consistently, I am a little paranoid about my saving and it turns out that is with good reason, and played for many hours in a single sitting, very unusual for me, before turning it off and remind myself to play it the next day. When the next day came I eagerly booted the game and loaded my save only to have found that I had lost many hours of progress. I played for about 15 minutes to discover If I was merely thinking I had played further or just forgetting where I was but I remember the exact beats of the main quest-line mission I had undertaken. Knowing how many hours I had lost I decided to turn off the game thinking I could return to it when I had forgotten the details of the game but I doubt that day will come as I keep buying new games I currently want to play.

EDIT: Rereading my post I realise the kind of 'flaw' I mentioned for Fable is different from the 'flaws' for Bioshock and Fable 2. It is similar so I have kept them as part of this post but I feel I should point that out. 

Fable (Original): Visual Glitch

I played it emulated on my Xbox 360, though I have an original Xbox still hooked up, and was enjoying it until I tried to 'equip' some sort of facial hair (not for the first time) and noticed my character's face lacked facial hair. I ignored it for a little while until I was changing my equipped clothes and I noticed his bare chest had some interesting marking's which looked suspiciously like the facial hair I had attempted to 'equip'. No matter what I tried in order to fix this he always had facial hair on his chest and this bugged me to a great degree, so much that I stopped playing the game. I do, however, mean to return to it perhaps once I have finished playing Fable 2.

I cannot truly deride any of these games but these things stopped me playing.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

Real bad motorbike controls in GTA IV absolutely blew the latter half of the game for me.

floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By floodiastus

Too much compressor on the output volume, totally makes games sound like commercials and destroys all dynamics

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Being stuck in geometry and the side of doorways.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By Vinny_Says

shitty...unresponsive...camera

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By JJOR64

Backtracking.

HODGEY3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By HODGEY3000

low frame rate
Joshakazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Joshakazam

Crashes.

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Lawrens

Input delay+poor acceleration+dead zone+slow animation+scripted scenarios/infinite spawns

Each little thing adds up.

Also brain dead AIs.
Shallow combats.
Low framerate.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mazik765 said:
" Equipped armour/weapons not changing the appearance of your character. "
x1000
TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

Recently, not being able to change the inverted aiming in the Crackdown 2 demo (or at least i couldn't find the option to) so that completely ruined that for me. Though in genereal probably using fewer checkpoints as a way of increasing difficulty instead of improving A.I.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By penguindust

Not being able to invert the Y-axis and if the game uses "tank controls" then the X-axis, too.  I am set in my ways and don't want to learn "normal" controls.  There are plenty of games that will appease my control sensibilities.  If a game maker chose not to give me this option, I won't play the game.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#43  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I hate run buttons...SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1! 

ANGER!!!!!!!!

A_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By A_Dog

Scenery and texture pop in. 

Alpha Protocol was really bad for those. 

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
@AjayRaz:
It does the same thing in WAW :/ 
I dont see why they didnt just take up the full screens. I have no idea how people with small tv's did it.
WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

Rubbish scenery graphics. I hate when games overhaul the characters and make them look amazing then the scenery is rubbish compared. I can handle rubbish scenery at times if the water in the game looks good.
TwinkieTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TwinkieTime

Common Sense :  Al Mualim " Altair, I want you to assassinate a templar by the name of Moronico The Jackass, try to find a way to kill him without being detected, you know, try not to murder him in board daylight, in the middle of the town, surrounded by his guards and be seen by 20 witnesses" "I know this is too much to ask from you, seeing as how you killed all your previous contracts in such an unprofessional manner, lets hope your decedents don't share your retard genes."

The Lack Of Stab Him/Her Opinion:  NPC "Hello Mr.Legendary Hero, I see you require the armor of invincibility to defeat Ganon The Not So Nice who has enslaved humanity, I personally have 3 sets of that particular armor, but I need you to collect 100 different colored clam at the bottom of the ocean" 

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By apoptosis61

FUCKING CENSORSHIP RUINED NO MORE HEROES FOR EUROPE AND JAPAN FU RISING STAR

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#49  Edited By Meowayne

Unnecessary HUD elements. I realize this is a minor issue for most players, but I can totally not relate to that. Any non-game world element that is needlessly present in the image I am seeing makes a game considerably worse and less enjoyable.

Avatar image for countinhallways
countinhallways

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By countinhallways

Third person games with floaty, weightless character movement. An example being Fable 2. I have started that game 3 times, but I just can't stand the way the character runs/walks around the environment. Plus the framerate in that game isn't the best either. 

Any game with low framerate or bad screen tearing.