johndubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By johndubya

WOW, 

I've never been a huge forum user in the past. I've always been put off by people screaming and shouting at each other. This often seems to happen on sites that have no set console preference.

However, after spending a bit of time on here, and putting out a post or two, i have to applaud the GB members. I haven't really seen any of the usual shinanigans or insult trading normally associated with forums. I've even had a friend request (!!!!!!). I really hope that the members here keep it up, as i hope to continue the enjoyment GiantBomb's forums have given me. 

Keep it up guyz & gals!!

Dubya out....
Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Why_So_Serious
johndubya said:
"WOW, 
I've never been a huge forum user in the past. I've always been put off by people screaming and shouting at each other. This often seems to happen on sites that have no set console preference.

However, after spending a bit of time on here, and putting out a post or two, i have to applaud the GB members. I haven't really seen any of the usual shinanigans or insult trading normally associated with forums. I've even had a friend request (!!!!!!). I really hope that the members here keep it up, as i hope to continue the enjoyment GiantBomb's forums have given me. 

Keep it up guyz & gals!!

Dubya out....
"
Glad you enjoy it, I do too! I have to agree other than a few annoyances today has been a good day.
Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cleric
johndubya said:
"WOW, 
I've never been a huge forum user in the past. I've always been put off by people screaming and shouting at each other. This often seems to happen on sites that have no set console preference."

Same goes for me.

Things have changed with GiantBomb. I hope it lasts...
Slugworth5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Slugworth5

All I can say is that giantbomb is looking great. Good work Jeff, Ryan, Vinny, Brady, and all of the behind the scenes guys. Love the site and the podcast. I used to listen to another sites podcast that you guys used to be on, but i have to say that once you all left it really just wasnt the same. Great work guys

FordFairlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By FordFairlane

I really dig what the Giant Bomb folks seem to be working toward: a place for people who love video games to gather and have fun.
Hopefully allowing you to set your allegiance with your name color will keep people from feeling like they need to shout it at every opportunity.
I also think unifying the game pages was genius.  It shows a Games-over-Consoles mentality that I'd like to see this site embody.

Good work fellas!

Jax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Jax

It doesn't feel corporate, it feels... real.