So i was thinking...

OptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By OptimusPrime

well, today i went to a (foreign) flee market and guess what I found.  Go ahead guess...you never will.  A DREAMCAST!  that's right. but not just any Dreamcast. It had two controllers and a game inside.  But thats not the best part.  BOTH controllers had VMU's in them.  This was like finding jimmy hoffa.  Now I know all these things together aren't too expensive, if you consider $170 At cheapest, not too expensive.  But I got all this for 20 BUCKS!!  Sure there was some damage and dirt, but i got it home, cleaned it up and plugged it in.  It worked!  

What I'm getting at here is, didn't everyone love the dreamcast?  Why is there no Dreamcast 2?  I know I would buy it.  
Does anyone still have their Dreamcast? and if so do you still have the original one, or did you buy one from a flee market like i did? 
also, what games do you have?

the game mine came with is NFL 2K2.  and i ordered Sonic adventure and THPS 2 from amazon.
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Clean

I didn't love the dreamcast. I thought the controller was weird and the games didn't really interest my taste. I'm pretty sure their won't be another Dreamcast because Sega didn't have enough 3rd party support for the Dreamcast and it was released like a year before the ps2 which destroyed it in all categories. I have tried playing it recently and its okay now. The fighting games are decent but nah it just ain't my thang. I borrowed one from a friend once.

Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Boyling

Wow, that's a mighty fine price you got there! Grats =)

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HazBazz
OptimusPrime said:

Why is there no Dreamcast 2?
Because the Dreamcast crashed and burned
OptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OptimusPrime
HazBazz said:
"OptimusPrime said:

Because the Dreamcast crashed and burned"
It was just released at a bad time. I think if it comes out before any of the next gen consoles from sony nintendo microsoft. It could sell.
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Shocker

I want to get a Dreamcast..

HazBazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By HazBazz
OptimusPrime said:
"HazBazz said:
"OptimusPrime said:

It was just released at a bad time. I think if it comes out before any of the next gen consoles from sony nintendo microsoft. It could sell."
The problem is, Sega just isn't as big as they used to be. They're not on the same level as Ninty, MS and Sony. Theres a reason they're making 3rd party games now.
Boyling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By Boyling
OptimusPrime said:
"HazBazz said:
"OptimusPrime said:

It was just released at a bad time. I think if it comes out before any of the next gen consoles from sony nintendo microsoft. It could sell."
Whoa, it's not about coming first... it's about lasting in the long run.

And with two high-end consoles on the market and a very niche console (Wii), the market, in my opinion, seems a bit saturated.
vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

I remember playing Soul Caliber on a Dreamcast at a store, when it was released (I was under 10 years old). And all I remember is saying "Why is there a giant hole in the controller?"

I still haven't found the answer (because I wasn't looking).

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Homer

Hmm. That would be pretty sweet if they made a dreamcast 2.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Blu_Magic

I've never had a Dreamcast and I've never played one either. =(

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Schizoid

The Dreamcast is pretty much my favourite console of all time, it had some pretty awesome games like Shenmue, Jet Set Radio, Chu Chu Rocket, Phantasy Star Online and Crazy Taxi. If I saw one for cheap I'd definitely buy one and if a Dreamcast 2 was ever released I'd buy it.

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Nice find. Now go get the good games like Power Stone, Shenmue, and the others listed.

OptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OptimusPrime
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Nice find. Now go get the good games like Power Stone, Shenmue, and the others listed."
Funny you say that, since I cant find a cheap copy of power stone 2, but i am always looking.  Plus I think that a Dreamcast 2 would cater to hardcore fans better then the wii is currently doing.  yeah its selling alot (the wii), but answer honestly now,  What console are YOU playing most?  that's what I thought.