So is there no cloud saving for the PS4?

Pogman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I was playing Until Dawn and it just crashed and wouldn't do anything, not even the power button turned it off after holding it down for ages. I unplugged it from the mains and plugged it back in and now it's saying "Connect a USB Device that contains and Update file for reinstallation of 2.57 or later". I've done that but now but oh look everything is gone, I have to spend the next week downloading my games because PSN is so slow, even though I have a 350mbps connection and Steam does it in 5 mins.

Oh look all my saves are gone because Sony doesn't have cloud saving... I'm going to guess if they do it's for PS+ users or some bullshit like that? It should be free for everyone, considering if your consoles crashes you lose all your saves apparently.

If it crashes again I'm done.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloud saves are only for PS+ members.

tatsuyarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@pogman: yep it's PS+ only and that is surprising because it's free on XBox One (I've a Silver account on Live).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Cloud saves are only for PS+ members.

Wow I did not know that. I've taken it for granted all this time. Although recently I actually filled mine all the way up - pro tip: Driveclub replay data uploads to the cloud and takes up like 300mb and I only played that thing once.

Pogman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg you cannot even use the USB stick as a memory card, you have to manually transfer every time.

Why doesn't the console turn on you TV when you turn it on? I've switched that option on in the settings and it still doesn't do it.

You cannot even install to an external HDD either.

My patience is already running out.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@humanity: They're giving everyone 10GB in the next firmware update as well as making it easier to manage what you have stored online. There's a beta firmware available to try it out but I'll just wait til it's live and working.

michaelenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'm sorry to interject with my shenanigans, but I have a certain Chrome plugin which makes reading such threads quite entertaining:

Butt saves are only for PS+ members.