So, Sten's sword quest seems to have bugged out

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

Last night I was trying to do Sten's loyalty mission for the first time. I got as far as talking to Faryn outside Orzammar but can't seem to get any further. The quest dialogue and such continues to progress but the quest in the log won't update. I even got the dwarf in Redcliffe to say he was handing it over but nothing ever showed up in my inventory and the quest was still open.

So, has anyone ran into this before and is there any way for me to fix it? At the moment I'm just going off to try and complete another main story quest and see if I can come back later.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By trophyhunter

go to camp then all will be fixed

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

I totally put this in the wrong forum. I meant for it to go into the Dragon Age: Origins one. So, if some mod person could move it it would be most appreciated.

@trophyhunter: I'll give that a shot. Hope it's that simple to fix.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Animasta

you have to unlock it in the dwarf's house. there's a chest in one of the rooms

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By triple07

Yeah he should give you a key to his chest in the back which has stens sword in it. BTW the quest does not make sten any less of a bitch IMO.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CenturionCajun

I guess it just isn't my day for quests to work. I just had Of Noble Birth bug out on me in a similar manner. Even though I told the dwarf chick my son and her could go live with the king and she vowed to name it after my son she's still standing there and my log says I failed the mission. Ugh.