So the European Trademark Office pulled up Pokemon Sun and Moon from Nintendo....

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

this will be confirmed tomorrow, but are you interested? excited? annoyed?

on the 99.999% chance it is Gen 7, what do you want to see?

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

What is "Gen 7" again? Is that 3DS?

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@mike: seventh generation in Pokemon.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MezZa

I'll likely be pretty happy with it regardless of what it actually is as long as it's well made. I would love to see them pull a gold/silver again and have you visit a previous region after beating the elite 4 though. Come to think of it, I should just find a copy of heart gold.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

The logos look pretty good.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Hell yes. Hopefully it doesn't have the stop gap feeling that X and Y had.

richied0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By richied0

I'd like to see them go back the drawing board, reinvent the series and surprise us, but if they just want to wave their hands in the air and shout 'Here's more Pokemon' then I'm cool with that too.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kasaioni

It'll be interesting to see where the series goes from here. I think Sun and Moon will be as to X/Y, as Black and White were to Diamond and Pearl; where the previous generation brought some noticeable changes because of being on a new platform, and the next generation being on the same platform will build upon those changes in less noticeable ways. Which makes me think that Sun and Moon would make use of some N3DS features as Black and White made use of some DSi features. Although unlike the DS/DSi, I guess if your game is an N3DS game it is only an N3DS game.

It also makes me wonder how much longer Pokemon can keep going on adding more Pokemon, considering we're at 722 now. In that way, it makes sense that they have been going in hard with spin-off games like Pokken, Pokemon Go, and Mysterious Dungeon.

I also guess the 3rd comprehensive version of the duo games is a model that they've given up on; we haven't gotten a real one of those since Platinum. Unless you count Black and White 2.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

Still waiting for the Pokemon where it's something other than a top-down RPG.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, a Sun or Moon-sized Pokemon here we go! That or we actually go to the Sun or the Moon in their respective games.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@kasaioni: Yeah, Black 2 and White 2 kinda took the place of Pokemon Grey. And then Pokemon Z never materialized after X and Y. Seems they're content with instead doing all their rerelease nonsense like HeartGold in between the proper main entries.

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It would be cool/weird if it ends up actually being portable Pokemon Snaps where you take pictures during the day in Sun and at night in Moon.

I always tell myself that I don't need to play another one but then I'll see the starters and I end up getting another Pokemon game. It doesn't take much for me to be excited for a Pokemon game but I'm interested in seeing the changes they'll make.

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I go to the PokeMoon? That'd be rad

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@turboman said:

Still waiting for the Pokemon where it's something other than a top-down RPG.

I want a Pokemon game that's a cross between Tokyo Jungle, Devil May Cry, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Part of me is excited to see what changes they've made, and what the new Pokemon look like.

Another part remembers that while playing through Pokemon X (and capturing all but 10 Event only pokemon through transfers from my older games, woo!) I discovered that after so many years I actually don't really like the battle system. In fact, I think it is straight-up bad for the single-player part of the game. Now I want them to overhaul it, multiplayer be damned, and it's never going to happen and I should probably stop playing Pokemon.

Also, due to certain circumstances all those 700+ Pokemon are on my US 3DS which I've since moved away from. It's going to be such a pain moving them all back through the internet into a new game.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By cmblasko

Part of me is excited to see what changes they've made, and what the new Pokemon look like.

Another part remembers that while playing through Pokemon X (and capturing all but 10 Event only pokemon through transfers from my older games, woo!) I discovered that after so many years I actually don't really like the battle system. In fact, I think it is straight-up bad for the single-player part of the game. Now I want them to overhaul it, multiplayer be damned, and it's never going to happen and I should probably stop playing Pokemon.

Also, due to certain circumstances all those 700+ Pokemon are on my US 3DS which I've since moved away from. It's going to be such a pain moving them all back through the internet into a new game.

I don't like the battle system at all either, yet that didn't stop me from obsessively breeding for near-perfect IV's/EV's/whatever when X came out.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Tomorrow will be interesting for sure.

Avatar image for captainkamikaze
CaptainKamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What they need to do is show off some cool anniversary stuff, show people Pokken Tournament, and those virtual console re-releases, and then all they do is show these logos and say "We'll shed more light on these games later." They should keep these games for the NX. Imagine the NX launching with a fully fledged Pokemon game! There's a system seller if I've ever seen one/

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@cmblasko: Yeah I feel like just being able to build and level up whatever weird team of Pokemon I want (In Black 2 I made an all Insect-type team! Yo, Fire and birds fucked them up bad!) goes a long way for me to enjoy putting my time in, watching the numbers go up.

I managed to completely avoid the Ruby/Sapphire remakes, but now I'm worried they'll get me again : (

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero: Hey, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were good games that added some cool stuff. Flying around on Latios/Latias's backs and discovering secret islands in the overworld was fun. And the menu design for battling is much much better than in X and Y.

Nals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't wait for Pokemon S&M.

Wait......

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I guess lock this, because there is a proper Pokemon Sun & Moon thread elsewhere?