So Xbox Live....

Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By Ninjakid7396

So yesterday Microsoft announced (More Specifically Major Nelson) that they are raising the price of Xbox Live. So , Naturally everyone lost it. The way that I see it is yea it sucks but is anything gonna change? No. Xbox Live is a really strange thing because on one hand I love being able to play a different game than my friends and still be able to talk to them. But on PSN I have to be playing the same game as my friends to talk to them. That is not really a problem to me seeing as how I do most of my Single player gaming on my ps3 but it is something to note. On the other hand the thing that annoys me the most about Xbox Live is the ads. I would not mind them so much If they  were not plastered all over the dashboard. Where as on PSN there are not any. But the fact of the matter is that the online  experience of playing online on xbox live is superior to PSN. But is it 60 bucks better, No. I feel like Hating on the new price is really no good because little Timmy who wants to play MW2 with his buds will happily throw down 60 bucks to play online. Good job Microsoft you have taken over our kids minds. Congrats.

Thanks,
Ninjakid7396 

Ninjakid7396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1  Edited By Ninjakid7396

So yesterday Microsoft announced (More Specifically Major Nelson) that they are raising the price of Xbox Live. So , Naturally everyone lost it. The way that I see it is yea it sucks but is anything gonna change? No. Xbox Live is a really strange thing because on one hand I love being able to play a different game than my friends and still be able to talk to them. But on PSN I have to be playing the same game as my friends to talk to them. That is not really a problem to me seeing as how I do most of my Single player gaming on my ps3 but it is something to note. On the other hand the thing that annoys me the most about Xbox Live is the ads. I would not mind them so much If they  were not plastered all over the dashboard. Where as on PSN there are not any. But the fact of the matter is that the online  experience of playing online on xbox live is superior to PSN. But is it 60 bucks better, No. I feel like Hating on the new price is really no good because little Timmy who wants to play MW2 with his buds will happily throw down 60 bucks to play online. Good job Microsoft you have taken over our kids minds. Congrats.

Thanks,
Ninjakid7396 

Clbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Clbull

I think its absolutely wrong that Microsoft are even charging for online play, considering Sony and Nintendo don't. Yes, you can argue that Xbox Live is a bit surperior to PSN and far superior to Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection but the point still stands. 

Once Sony actually make their service better feature wise, Microsoft will have to stop charging for online play or else be left in the dust for the remainder of the console war.

For instance, why would I pay £40 - 70 per year (Depending on subscription model) just so that I can talk to friends cross-game?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Clbull: Or maybe Microsoft won't ever stop and Sony will just start to charge as well. I mean, they've already taken the first steps with Playstation Plus. They could be just easing people into paying for online play. 
valentin_rad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By valentin_rad

This is precisely the reason I'm still a PC gamer :D

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By tmthomsen

Seen from a business' point of view; As long as people will pay, there's really no reason not to charge.

I've always thought it was silly to pay for Xbox Gold, yet I'm on my second annual subscription now.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ProfessorEss
@Clbull said:

" I think its absolutely wrong that Microsoft are even charging for online play, considering Sony and Nintendo don't.

I'm not discrediting your argument in any way, but maybe use PC and Playstation when making it, and leave Nintendo out.

Bringing up Nintendo's online service just makes Live Gold seem that much more valuable :)
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ch13696
@JJWeatherman said:
" @Clbull: Or maybe Microsoft won't ever stop and Sony will just start to charge as well. I mean, they've already taken the first steps with Playstation Plus. They could be just easing people into paying for online play.  "
They already mentioned that will never happen. There's no point. The publishers are already paying for the bandwidth on everything that goes through the Playstation. Same thing with Xbox Live. I'm just waiting on Activision to tell Microsoft to drop the price on Xbox Live or else they will stop supporting the Xbox (you see what I did there? I used a reference from when Activision threatened Sony that one time. Funny)/
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

And this is why I went the way of old-blackbeard, I can save the money i'd waste on underachieving games to pay online, DLC, and arcade games.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By JJWeatherman
@ch13696: Even if "they" said it will never happen, that doesn't mean it will never happen. 

Oh and was it the price of the PS3 that Activision didn't like? I only vaguely remember that whole situation.
bhhawks78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By bhhawks78

If PSN was basically a 100% rip off of XBL I'd most likely still have my ps3 instead of playing my roommates when I need it and I'd pay the same 20-30$ I've always paid for xbl /shrug.

In all honesty outside of downloading wii ware the wii "online" might as well have never existed in my experience.  Played my dreamcast online more on a damn 56k than the wii.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ch13696
@JJWeatherman said:
" @ch13696: Even if "they" said it will never happen, that doesn't mean it will never happen.  Oh and was it the price of the PS3 that Activision didn't like? I only vaguely remember that whole situation. "
Yeah, because the best PS3 was going for $500 at the time and the cheapest was $400.