social space to show off

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

During bombcast this week when borderlands 3 came up there was talk of having social space to show off character and guns. I don't get this, maybe its cause I play more by myself than with others. When destiny came out they talked of having space to show off stuff you won/earned from raids and strikes. However at some point there was only top tier items and everyone had them. So if you showed up and you didn't have raid reward armor or gun who's name now escapes you were less than everyone else. This is why I don't understand this idea now a days. When borderlands 3 comes out it will not take long for someone to make list of guns and where to find them. So whatever gun I want all I'll have to do is follow guide online. I forget what game dudes talked about with armor that was hard to get and impressive. So has I think of this I think the only way it works is to make items that are rare, and by rare i mean only small number of players should end up with them. So I'm thinking something like 20%. Will players today stand for this though? I bought borderlands so I should be able to get everything I want, but player that sunk hours and hours in has much cooler stuff. I think players have gotten to soft and if twitter got too loud developers would cave and give all players everything. Do y'all think there can be a new games that clearly separates players?