Solid Snake really likes the movie Face/Off

masterofchaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By masterofchaz

I was bored this evening and wanted to make something.

I've always had a thing for doing voices and have been wanting to launch my own one man comedy podcast. One of the ideas I had was me myself being called by Solid Snake (via codec) who then ruins my day by telling me about his favourite movies. By going over the plot in strenuous detail and then completely missing the point of the film by making some pseudo-intellectual comment on the meaning of the movie. Really I just loved David Hayter doing the voice of Solid Snake from the old games and have been dying to do something with it. Also liked how the old Metal Gears would frequently have codec tangents in which Snake was lessoned on famous movies. Also I was motivated by some bad YouTube videos in which people talk about movies but don't really listen to what each other are saying.

Figured there be a few GB fans who would appreciate it. Or hate it, you are free to hate it.

https://soundcloud.com/charlie-phair/metal-gear-cinephile-faceoff

I'm open to feedback. Want to make it funnier, but hopefully you get the gist.

(did try posting this on Off-Topic and got 404'd )

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Neat concept, and you have a decent snake impression. I would not know that was the same person if not for this post. You got the gravel, and over dramatic inflections down.

That said, I feel this was too long for how one note the joke is. I get that is how it works in metal gear, but as a skit I found it dragged a lot.

Keep it up though. Solid first effort (pun not intended)