Some are all physical, some all digital, some all gamepass.. anybody all Cloud?

Avatar image for sometingbanuble
sometingbanuble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

The gamepass 3 months for $25 seems like a deal. (aside from the fact you cant cloud game on purchases like you can on stadia). Anybody walk into a gamestop plunk down all of their wares and walk out with a stadia control or an xbox controller for the supposed final form of games consumption?

Efesell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That tech has a ways to go before I would treat it as anything more than “hey what’s this about”.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No, but I did play a little bit of Little Nightmares on PS Now the other day, and I didn't notice any lag there at all. I was pretty impressed compared to my previous experiences with PS Now. Seems like that stuff is getting better.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pop into the Stadia subreddit every couple of days, more out of morbid curiousity than anything else. It's a fascinating mix of people espousing Stadia as the future of gaming and people having trouble finding ranked matches in FIFA.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

I like my games as responsive as possible, thank you very much.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Onemanarmyy

No, but i have played through all of the Witcher 3 and put significant time in The Surge through Geforce Now after my GPU died. I will say i did this through wifi over a 250/25 MBps connection while being in the same room as my router. Your mileage may vary greatly depending on your setup naturally.

Definitly had a few moments where the nature of streaming games was an annoyance, and even had an instance completely die on me a few times, but overall i feel like i got the full experience of these games and had a great time. And the nice thing is, once i upgrade my PC those games are still there in my Steam account ready for local gameplay.

Stadia is a bridge too far for me because i don't want to be stuck in an ecosystem where i buy games for the sole purpose of having to stream them. I like streaming as an option on the side.

Kyary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone in our Destiny group plays on Stadia, it seems to mostly work fine.

Personally I used xbox cloud for some slay the spire a few days ago while visiting family, it worked well. Don't need to have minimal input lag for a card game, but for what it's worth it felt good, certainly not a bad way to spend a few hours.

Avatar image for spacemanspiff00
spacemanspiff00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By spacemanspiff00

All digital/Game Pass these days. I'm endeavoring to get as much physical stuff in general out of my life. Its surprising how much junk we collect over the years. Now I'm mostly resentful of old physical games I'll never play again just taking up space.

Game Pass has been great for discovery and I've been dabbling with Xcloud lately as well. I've played almost 30 hours of GTA San Andreas through the cloud and its been a good experience. Though I've only ever used it hooked up to gigabit ethernet so take that for what its worth.

Avatar image for deactivated-6321b685abb02
deactivated-6321b685abb02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nah, local hardware all the way. I purchase all my games digitally these days because of the convenience and selection.

constantk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, but I'm interested in trying it out more. I want to give a turn-based game a try after playing Hades over xCloud and really not enjoying the latency in the controls.

I agree with what others have said here, it's a great value-add to Game Pass but not quite there yet for primary gaming purposes.

Zacbakpak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zacbakpak

I'm pretty much fully streaming these days. It's not ideal, but as I have a young family I can't really justify forking out large amounts for up to date hardware. I play most things on my fairly old macbook pro.

I'm a Geforce now founder member which is a fairly reasonable price and I mainly use it to play paradox grand strategy games and it's ideal for that kind of thing. It's a fairly big shame that some of the larger studios have removed their games from the service though as I'd love to crack into some xcom or any of the total war games.

More recenty I've become a xbox live ultimate subscriber so I have access to the gamepass streaming service which has been great. I've been able to keep up to date with new releases and most of the time the input lag has been short enough that I haven't noticed. I've played a ton of Forza and have been able to play a ton of mp stuff with mates who have the new hardware. I can't really do a ton of fps games due to severe motion sickness so a fair few games are ruled out already. Back 4 Blood was particularly laggy and made me wanna throw up almost instantly as a result. I'd really appreciate it if they put the windows version of games on and allow use of mouse and keyboard though, there's a ton of games that aren't available currently due to this.

As it goes, it's been a really good way of keeping up with games whilst I can't keep up with the hardware. I would much, much prefer to have a rig that can run stuff natively, but it's really nice to be able to have this stop gap until that becomes possible. I'd also love it if Xbox gave the option to purely pay for the streaming service and not have to sign up for gamepass ultimate as I'm not using the Xbox or the PC parts of it, but I get that's a big ask and not something that's likely to happen.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I tried out Stadia for a spell and had a really solid experience with the service. I played a ton of hitman using it and experienced virtually no noticable lag whatsoever. I decided to unsubscribe though due to the number of free games being so small and not wanting to buy into a platform that seemed doomed to shut down at some point.

I also used boosteroid for a short time when Crusader Kings 3 wasn't working on Geforce Now and had no major complaints. Is a very similar service to Geforce now and more expensive (due to me having founder status on geforce) so I didn't keep the sub past a month.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played a few games on the Xcloud service and they seemed fine.

One of the games I tried was Wreckfest, thinking that lag would make it impossible to drive. However, I did not notice any significant lag. Outside of some screen tearing, I was able to play it on my older Samsung tablet just fine.

I also played a few tutorial levels of Rainbox Six: Siege. I had some initial lag, so I restarted it and it was fine. I would never play the MP on my tablet simply due to the small screen making it hard to pick out enemies sometimes.