Sony all-in-one game subscription Spartacus

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 18

"I've had my fill of games, let us leave this arena forever." -Spartacus.

I think it is very interesting that Sony is offering the Smörgåsbord -all teh games you cna consume - option for gamers on the Playstaion side. This seems to tite together a few things Sony already was offereing through PSN and just adding a bit more in a new mix. PS+ and PS Now have existed for awhile now, and seem they are liked for what they are. And tell me if I'm wrong, but the ouline below or as "propsoed" for pricing structure - looks good.

LevelsMonthly GamesGame CatalogStreamingClassic gamesGame TrialsPrice
PS+ EssentialX$10
PS+ ExtraXXX$13
PS+ PremiumXXXXX$16
  • PS+ Essential is good ol' PS+ that we already know. For $10 per month, we get monthly games that can be added to our library. This seemingly works a lot like it already works today.
  • PS+ Extra, as described, gets the subscriber the monthly games and a game catalogue for $13 per month. The game catalogue is a library of hundreds of downloadable games from PSNow. Or, at least ist SEEMS like Sony lifted their download catalogue out of PS Now and popped it into PS+ Extra.
  • PS+ Premium gets the subscriber all of the above with some enticing extras for $16 per month. Some of those extras includes PS Now’s streaming capabilities, a library of “classic games” as well as a new “game trials” feature. Game trials as descriubed appears to allow for downloading and playing the new PlayStation games - a set amount of time or maybe certian secitions?

So, I know that PS+ was around $9 a month, and PS Now was an additional $9. So, if i read this correctly now combined under PS+ Extra (PS+ & PS Now) for only $13, that good right? ( Or, could you combine them for that price aready? If not PlayStation just dropped the combined price and then offered even more. ) Moreover, this seem to imply that Streaming PS5 games will soon be added...to my knowlege you could not stream PS5 games on PS Now...again could be wrong?

Things I would expect to change would definly be the code name. I don't think most people will heard this code name Sparticus after today. There will likely need to be some clarity about how or what if different between Extra and Premium ad where the changes from PS Now to this new thing break down. PS Now was always about playing on PS4, PS5 and PC; so this seems comapriable to Xbox Game Pass in many ways.

READ THE FULL GAMESBEAT/VENTUREBEAT STORY FORM THe LINK BELOW:

https://venturebeat.com/2022/02/24/playstation-plans-3-spartacus-tiers-for-as-much-as-16-per-month/

Because, I have to make some passing reference to SPARTICUS....LOL

No Caption Provided

Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you eat oysters use XB Game Pass?

Antoninus: When I can, master.

Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you eat snails use Sony’s Spartacus/PS+ Premium?

Antoninus: Not yet, master.

Marcus Licinius Crassus: Do you consider the eating of oysters XB Game Pass to be moral and the eating of snails Sony’s PS+ Premium to be immoral?

Antoninus: No, master.

Marcus Licinius Crassus: Of course not. It is all a matter of taste, isn't it?

Antoninus: Yes, master.

Marcus Licinius Crassus: And taste is not the same as appetite, and therefore not a question of morals.

Antoninus: It could be argued so, master.

Marcus Licinius Crassus: My robe, Antoninus. My taste includes both snails Xb Game Pass and oysters Sony PS+ Premium.

gtxforza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The Xbox Game Pass is pretty good and I'm curious to see how will the Spartacus is going to be.

wardcleaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't know. . .this does not seem like Sony is even trying to compete with Game Pass.

Paid trials for PS5 games instead of day one releases on the service? On top of that, the PS+ Premium tier that allows you to do that costs (supposedly) 16.00 USD vs 14.99 USD for GP Ultimate.

MobiusFun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very curious about what "Classic Games" means. Are they going to make more attempts at porting PS2 games? Does that mean the plan will include PS3 or vita games? I feel like it could be a lot of different things.

MerxWorx01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A lazy person would have just taken a still from the famous "I am Sparticus" scene and replaced Sparticus's head with a Xbox logo and the people around him with PS own. Unfortunately I'm not at my pc to make one for this, love a good post with a bit. As far as PS's offerings, seems like a service that will wither on the vine. I'm sure there are many reasons for it but Sony simply can't support studios and then turn around and essentially give those games away.

In the public arena this Sparticus seems destined to get a thumbs down.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Very curious about what "Classic Games" means. Are they going to make more attempts at porting PS2 games? Does that mean the plan will include PS3 or vita games? I feel like it could be a lot of different things.

Yeah, I think an exact run down of what is and idnat in eahc tier woudl be helpful for any sort od deciosn making. Also, is OSny adding more classic titles? SOme of this hinges on "how many games" consistue those cataigores. Sony has games going bakc to 1994, and they might eve consider opening negatatiosn for other publishers. If Sony want to blooster what they offer, there are avenues. But we all know games tough-nuts to crack: the game itself, the music, ad then the IP liceineing are all consideratiosn making soem game impossibel to bring back and come just requiing 'the will'.

To be honest, I didn't evn have XB Game Pass or a lack of Sony havng the service as a conisdertion. Now, that they might have ist and if ist relaly is just a few bucks more then PS+ - well, I'm listensing. I purchse and use my annual PS+; so what they coudl add for few buck more is worth hearing about. I won't dissmiss it, but I have a decent computer upon which I like playing my classic games in emeulation. So the classic games are not very interesting because I can up-res, un-warp, and fix classic games I OWN in emmulation. I am without a doubt in the camp where I want to run my classic games "dolled-up" and "fixed" to make them pretty. But if teh price is good...I'm listening.