Sony and PD trying to cheat there way to victory lane.

• 72 results
Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slof

Honestly I will get GT5 also. But Forza 3 is clearly once again the pinicle of racing games. We must top are hat to Turn 10 they have produced 3 strait high caliber AAA games Forza 1 Forza 2 Forza 3. 

We honestly can not say the same for PD and GT games they had been hit or mis with GT5P and GT PSP was basicly fail. And GT4 was not AAA it is AA. Granted I do think GT 5 will get AAA ,ost likely 9.0-9.5. Although the major problem is. Sony and PD are clearly nerves and clearly without question intimadated by Turn 10. 

PD even claimed back in June 09 that GT5 was basicly done and they were only putting polish on the game but could release it at anytime. Then we had a supposed release date of Dec,09. 

Here is what happened here people and this is not just me most developers and news mags and game show have said and felt the sameway. Sony and PD saw something or was clearly intimadated when they showed GT5 at the TGS and then saw Forza 3 at the same show. 

I honeslty do not think there is any doubt PD new they were beat once again by Turn 10 when they saw Forza 3 at the TGS. So Sony and PD clealry delayed the game. And are hard at work copying and doing anything they can to add in and try and match Forza 3. 

What this boils down 2 is Turn 10 have released 2 AAA games Forza 2 and Forza 3. Turn 10 did Forza 3 in 2 years developement time. I can only imagine what kind of god like product they could release if they took 5 years like PD. 

Sony and PD are clearly avoiding going head to head and only looking to copy and steal ideas and take forever to try and match Forza. So if PD finaly does release GT5 this spring it will be a complete cheat to victory lane if GT5 scores a 9.5 or a 10.00. This would clearly be only becuase they have always been to scared and intimadated to go head to head with Turn 10. And could only win by dodgeing the match up and realesing a GT game on the notion of just bringing it to the table.  

Turn 10 just brings it hard and brings the pain to PD for sure. GT5 will be a great game. Lets all just be honest and say yes PD has been intimadated for years now though by Turn 10. And with 3 strait AAA games Forza is the KING.
Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Slof

I expect a MASSAIVE amount of DLC over the next few years from Turn 10.

William

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By William

With all due respect, i disagree.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

So even if GT5 is a good game, they cheated there way to it by stealing ideas and polishing, so would it be fair to say that Forza has stolen the whole idea of car simulation from GT1?

Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Slippy

If the two went head-to-head and released on the same day, Forza 3 could possibly (probably) beat them in the quality race, but hell fucking no could they ever repeat the commercial success GT has had. GT5 would absolutely steamroll Forza 3 in sales, and Sony definitely know this. Instead, Sony probably want to have both the quality and sales bases covered so they can gloat about it come E3 2010 and have Turn 10 quaking in their shoes. Problem is, Sony's Q1 2010 is now extremely packed as a result of their delays.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By OmegaPirate

Also forza totally stole the idea of rewinding time in races fro the codies series 

Also - dude, really??

Hats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hats

AAA is to do with the budget not the quality of a game

Also you have yet to play gta5 maybe you should STFU and wait for it to come out 1st

Siphillis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Siphillis

It's like you were trying to make some sort of profound statement about the state of simulation racers, while completely ignoring the fact that Gran Turismo 5 wont be released for months.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By Akeldama
@Slof: until GT5 is actually out (granted who the fuck knows when), stfu with all your Forza fanboyism.
laticsfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By laticsfan

You do know that AAA has nothing to do with how good a game is.

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By niall077

well GT5p was only AA. 

Forza 3 was AAA 

GT5 will be AAAAAAYY 

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#13  Edited By beargirl1
@niall077: WIN  
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Baillie
@niall077: lmffao. Quote of the internet.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By Icemael
@Slof said:
Honestly I will get GT5 also.  
 pinicle of racing games.   
 top are hat  
 3 strait high caliber  
 hit or mis   
 basicly fail.  
ost likely   
  Sony and PD are clearly nerves  
intimadated by  
basicly done  
putting polish on the game  
sameway
honeslty  
PD new they were beat  
 clealry delayed  
developement time  
 a complete cheat to victory lane  
 clearly be only becuase  
 dodgeing the match up and realesing  
 on the notion of just bringing it to the table.  
And with 3 strait AAA games"
Your English skills are "basicly fail".
ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ninjakiller

No Caption Provided
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By get2sammyb

What the hell. Dude? They're holding GT back because they want to make it better. Yes, it's taking them a ridiculous amount of time, but whatever. It has nothing to do with the strengths of the Forza brand or anything else for that matter.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#18  Edited By flaminghobo

Dudes, don't feed the troll!

HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By HypoXenophobia

This thread is ridiculous. So the guy created an account recently, and his first thread created is a series of inane rambling. Is this normal for gb, I'm somewhat new here.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By Kazona

Yay! Troll! *pets the troll*

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#21  Edited By jakob187
@OmegaPirate said:
" Also forza totally stole the idea of rewinding time in races fro the codies series"
...who in turn stole the idea from Prince of Persia Sands of Time trilogy... 

...and Kazona's avatar is of The Prince... 

...and he says the OP is a troll... 

...so this means ICE CREAM!!!  YAY!!!
sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sumbog

......I like Forza better becauses the cars have a little bit of light reflection on the cars which make them look really pretty.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By End_Boss

I read the first sentence of the opening post, then stopped.

English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?
 English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?
dudacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#24  Edited By dudacles

The OP made me laugh. Like, not laugh out loud, but a subdued laugh, just a tiny step above a chuckle.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By OmegaPirate
@jakob187 said:  

But not any normal type of ice cream 

No Caption Provided
Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Bones8677
@HypoXenophobia said:
" This thread is ridiculous. So the guy created an account recently, and his first thread created is a series of inane rambling. Is this normal for gb, I'm somewhat new here. "
My knowledge of forums says, yes this is normal. For a Troll.
EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EVO

Keep that AAA shit to System Wars. This is Giant Bomb. We don't give a fuck about scores.

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28  Edited By danielkempster

...Dr. Cash?

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Drebin_893
@dankempster said:
" ...Dr. Cash? "
pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By pot

I prefer Forza over the GT series but this post is still pure fail.

Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Slof

Honestly Forza 3 is one of the best games ever PERIOD. And I speak of all game types. The game is so good it's not even funny. The only draw back for now is no custome dedicated lobbies for online although I hear Turn Ten has listened and we could see a patch for this soon.
Reuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Reuben

If that was true, Then that would be good. That means that GT5 is going to be a way better game because of Forza and Turn 10 and to me that sounds great.  

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Scooper

No Caption Provided
AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#34  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Don't say we. I'm not your buddy, guy.

SILIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SILIK

I'm not so sure what you are trying to say, except you are in seventh heaven with Forza 3? PD is cheating, because they delayed the release schedule? They saw Forza 3 in TGS and got scared? During this six months between TGS and march, PD is trying to copy F3? The game can't be "AAA", because it's been delayed so many times? I don't know...anyways...

First of all. It's very unlikely that PD has been developing this form of GT5 for 5 years. Because, some of you might remember, Gran Turismo HD, was suppose to be the first demo of GT5 and base for the game. But that thing was thrown in to the garbage and the development start from the beginning. Then few years later came GT5 Prologue. The first actual demo of the game. And at the time there were discussions that Prologue would eventually be the full game. And that would be done by expansions. Then that idea was thrown in to the garbage. And after that the full-fledged development could start.

And so here we are at the Tokyo Game Show, where Kazunori Yamauchi says that they are aiming for march 2010 release. Did they get "intimidated" by the Forza 3? Who knows. But would they delay they're game for 6 months because of it? No. Why? Because if they saw something that they felt "intimidating", then why only 6 months? There's only so little you can do within 6 months. You have to remember that every little thing they add to the game has to go through QA and that stuff takes some time.

So what could be the reason for the delay? Hmm...

Then it must be that they don't want to compete with Forza 3...Oh! Wait!

Or maybe...well this is very unlikely, but maybe they don't want to compete with PS3 exclusive games that comes out at the end of the year :O? Crazy huh? I know...

Could there be any more perfect release date than mere weeks within Final Fantasy XIII (which will be released in Japan at December)? Sony's two biggest series released at the same time. Perfect timing.

But why would PD be scared to go "Head-to-Head" with Forza 3? You know that postponing the release of GT5 they are willingly letting the Forza 3 sell more? If you just take a moment and think about it, by releasing the game months after Forza 3, there isn't any competition for Forza 3. Forza 3 can sell consoles and the game itself as much as they can. But if GT5 were released at the same time, there would be competition. They both would be competing for same markets. Which would be new customers (those who don't own 360 or PS3) and those who own both. And now there has been sold few more 360's and Forza 3's. And recardless of the fine quality (not being sarcastic) of Forza 3, the new customers are more likely to buy GT5. This is only because in the eyes of a so called "casual gamer" Gran Turismo series is much more well known. At least for now. And the latter markets would probably buy both. Not at the same time but few months between.

Of course it's not smart to release two similar games at the same time, but that is mostly only if they are released at the same platform. And I do think that it's likely that someone from the marketing department said that "it might be better if we don't release GT5 at the same time as the Forza 3". But I think it's much more likely that the marketing dude said "let's postpone the release to march 2010 so that Final Fantasy XIII can sell X amount of consoles and GT5, at the end of fiscal year, an X amount of consoles". Because at the end, it's rarely the case where the developer says when the game will be released. Actually I don't that's ever happened...

Peace

Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Slof
@SILIK said:

"I'm not so sure what you are trying to say, except you are in seventh heaven with Forza 3? PD is cheating, because they delayed the release schedule? They saw Forza 3 in TGS and got scared? During this six months between TGS and march, PD is trying to copy F3? The game can't be "AAA", because it's been delayed so many times? I don't know...anyways...  First of all. It's very unlikely that PD has been developing this form of GT5 for 5 years. Because, some of you might remember, Gran Turismo HD, was suppose to be the first demo of GT5 and base for the game. But that thing was thrown in to the garbage and the development start from the beginning. Then few years later came GT5 Prologue. The first actual demo of the game. And at the time there were discussions that Prologue would eventually be the full game. And that would be done by expansions. Then that idea was thrown in to the garbage. And after that the full-fledged development could start.  And so here we are at the Tokyo Game Show, where Kazunori Yamauchi says that they are aiming for march 2010 release. Did they get "intimidated" by the Forza 3? Who knows. But would they delay they're game for 6 months because of it? No. Why? Because if they saw something that they felt "intimidating", then why only 6 months? There's only so little you can do within 6 months. You have to remember that every little thing they add to the game has to go through QA and that stuff takes some time.  So what could be the reason for the delay? Hmm...  Then it must be that they don't want to compete with Forza 3...Oh! Wait!  Or maybe...well this is very unlikely, but maybe they don't want to compete with PS3 exclusive games that comes out at the end of the year :O? Crazy huh? I know...  Could there be any more perfect release date than mere weeks within Final Fantasy XIII (which will be released in Japan at December)? Sony's two biggest series released at the same time. Perfect timing.  But why would PD be scared to go "Head-to-Head" with Forza 3? You know that postponing the release of GT5 they are willingly letting the Forza 3 sell more? If you just take a moment and think about it, by releasing the game months after Forza 3, there isn't any competition for Forza 3. Forza 3 can sell consoles and the game itself as much as they can. But if GT5 were released at the same time, there would be competition. They both would be competing for same markets. Which would be new customers (those who don't own 360 or PS3) and those who own both. And now there has been sold few more 360's and Forza 3's. And recardless of the fine quality (not being sarcastic) of Forza 3, the new customers are more likely to buy GT5. This is only because in the eyes of a so called "casual gamer" Gran Turismo series is much more well known. At least for now. And the latter markets would probably buy both. Not at the same time but few months between.  Of course it's not smart to release two similar games at the same time, but that is mostly only if they are released at the same platform. And I do think that it's likely that someone from the marketing department said that "it might be better if we don't release GT5 at the same time as the Forza 3". But I think it's much more likely that the marketing dude said "let's postpone the release to march 2010 so that Final Fantasy XIII can sell X amount of consoles and GT5, at the end of fiscal year, an X amount of consoles". Because at the end, it's rarely the case where the developer says when the game will be released. Actually I don't that's ever happened...  Peace "

I've seen an interview even recent that Kazunori Yamauchi himself said GT5 started debelopement 5 years ago. I also read the interview with Kazunori Yamauchi back in June over the summer when he stated GT5 was basicly done and could be released. Then we started seeing sites psoting Dec,09 release dates for GT5. Then TGS happens BAM then GT5 is said to be delayed within a week after the TGS.

YES Kazunori Yamauchi and PD are clearly and have been intimadated by Turn 10 for years now. They delayed the game becuase they new on paper head to head they did not have the better game then Forza 3 if they released it. So they are clearly scrambling to make changes and mods to try and spruce GT5 up more.

Not just me saying this developers at TGS all came away saying the samething Forza 3 was the better game in basicly every catagory. If you think Kazunori Yamauchi and PD did not see Forza and read and hear the developer thoughts your crazy. They got beat again by Turn 10 so are now clearly trying to like i said beaf  up GT5 to make it better.

SILIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SILIK
@Slof said:
" I've seen an interview even recent that Kazunori Yamauchi himself said GT5 started debelopement 5 years ago. I also read the interview with Kazunori Yamauchi back in June over the summer when he stated GT5 was basicly done and could be released. Then we started seeing sites psoting Dec,09 release dates for GT5. Then TGS happens BAM then GT5 is said to be delayed within a week after the TGS.

YES Kazunori Yamauchi and PD are clearly and have been intimadated by Turn 10 for years now. They delayed the game becuase they new on paper head to head they did not have the better game then Forza 3 if they released it. So they are clearly scrambling to make changes and mods to try and spruce GT5 up more.

Not just me saying this developers at TGS all came away saying the samething Forza 3 was the better game in basicly every catagory. If you think Kazunori Yamauchi and PD did not see Forza and read and hear the developer thoughts your crazy. They got beat again by Turn 10 so are now clearly trying to like i said beaf  up GT5 to make it better.

"

Yes. I've also read the same interview. But like I said in my original post, it's unlikely that it's the same GT5 they have been developing the 5 years. Yes they have been developing GT5 since '05, but it has been started from the beginning at least once. And that was after they decided to forget the work they did with GT HD.

I know PD saw Forza 3 on TGS. At least so the news say. And I wouldn't be surprised. You on the other hand probably would be surprised if you knew that there is actually little to none things like envy, hatred, competition etc. between game developers. Just admiration and respect towards others work. So I wouldn't be surprised if Kazunori Yamauchi himself would have go and shake hands with Turn 10 guys and congratulate them from the great work they had done with the game. The competition that there is between the games are purely made by marketing department. Only thing that developer is aiming for is to release the best game as they possibly can.

Most of the times the delays, especially when we are talking about mere months, is decided by the marketing department. If the game is done, developer wants to get the game out as soon as possible.

And GT5 is done. If not only minor tweaks and tricks, but if the game will be released in march 2010, then the game is done. No question about it. All the new trailers, whether it's Mercedes or Toyota, have been done months before. This is all about marketing and keeping people interested. This is the same stuff as "going gold"-bullshit, which is just this stupid marketing thing to keep the game in the news and tell people that the game will be shipping in the matter of weeks.

But anyways...weather you beleave me or not, but GT5 has been probably 95% done for at least six months. The things they can do are minor things. Weather it's something with the online play server side or QA trying to "break the game" for a last time.

EDIT: Almost forgot. When it was "announced" that GT5 was coming in december 2009 (which was in GDCif I remember correctly), that was august. But what happened septemper? Final Fantasy XIII Japanese release date was announced to be December 17th. And after that GT5 was postponed. Coincidence?

EDIT 2: Also I probably should be more specific. When I say marketing department, I mean Publishers marketing department. They are the ones making the calls when the game is released and what can be said and what will be shown. And in GT5's case SCE is publishing the game. And surprise, surprise, they want to profit as much as possible from the release. And in case of Final Fantasy XIII the publisher is Square Enix. So Square Enix decided to release FF XIII in december, quarantee it will sell tons of PS3's. So no wonder that SCE decided to postpone the release of GT5, in which they have control, to march 2010. And that only comes down to money. Because both games will sell consoles. And both games will sell like crazy. But not if they are released at the same time. Who knows how much GT5 will be when it's released, but what we know is that FF XIII is going to be $100.
Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Slof
@SILIK said:
"@Slof said:
" I've seen an interview even recent that Kazunori Yamauchi himself said GT5 started debelopement 5 years ago. I also read the interview with Kazunori Yamauchi back in June over the summer when he stated GT5 was basicly done and could be released. Then we started seeing sites psoting Dec,09 release dates for GT5. Then TGS happens BAM then GT5 is said to be delayed within a week after the TGS.

"
 Yes. I've also read the same interview. But like I said in my original post, it's unlikely that it's the same GT5 they have been developing the 5 years. Yes they have been developing GT5 since '05, but it has been started from the beginning at least once. And that was after they decided to forget the work they did with GT HD.  I know PD saw Forza 3 on TGS. At least so the news say. And I wouldn't be surprised. You on the other hand probably would be surprised if you knew that there is actually little to none things like envy, hatred, competition etc. between game developers. Just admiration and respect towards others work. So I wouldn't be surprised if Kazunori Yamauchi himself would have go and shake hands with Turn 10 guys and congratulate them from the great work they had done with the game. The competition that there is between the games are purely made by marketing department. Only thing that developer is aiming for is to release the best game as they possibly can.  Most of the times the delays, especially when we are talking about mere months, is decided by the marketing department. If the game is done, developer wants to get the game out as soon as possible.  And GT5 is done. If not only minor tweaks and tricks, but if the game will be released in march 2010, then the game is done. No question about it. All the new trailers, whether it's Mercedes or Toyota, have been done months before. This is all about marketing and keeping people interested. This is the same stuff as "going gold"-bullshit, which is just this stupid marketing thing to keep the game in the news and tell people that the game will be shipping in the matter of weeks.  But anyways...weather you beleave me or not, but GT5 has been probably 95% done for at least six months. The things they can do are minor things. Weather it's something with the online play server side or QA trying to "break the game" for a last time.  EDIT: Almost forgot. When it was "announced" that GT5 was coming in december 2009 (which was in GDCif I remember correctly), that was august. But what happened septemper? Final Fantasy XIII Japanese release date was announced to be December 17th. And after that GT5 was postponed. Coincidence?  EDIT 2: Also I probably should be more specific. When I say marketing department, I mean Publishers marketing department. They are the ones making the calls when the game is released and what can be said and what will be shown. And in GT5's case SCE is publishing the game. And surprise, surprise, they want to profit as much as possible from the release. And in case of Final Fantasy XIII the publisher is Square Enix. So Square Enix decided to release FF XIII in december, quarantee it will sell tons of PS3's. So no wonder that SCE decided to postpone the release of GT5, in which they have control, to march 2010. And that only comes down to money. Because both games will sell consoles. And both games will sell like crazy. But not if they are released at the same time. Who knows how much GT5 will be when it's released, but what we know is that FF XIII is going to be $100. "

I respect what you say and all. You do have good spin control. I gather it seems you are clearly more of a GT fan then Forza and I'm cool with that. like I also said I think GT will be a great game. I just call it how I see it. 

My problems with most of what you say are related to you make several mentions about sales and marketing. So in other words Sony choose take there best selling franchise basicly and skip the holidays? Come on I do not buy that. Clearly sales will be more flat in March VS December holiday sales? Not to mention GT5 would push PS3 systems for holidays. So if you even say yourslef the game is done then no way Sony would miss Holiday 09 and help push PS3 systems sales also. 

I tend to beleive it is more of what I say. PD new they were beat again after seeing Forza 3 at TGS and sveral big name mags sites said the same after reviewing the show. This is more about Sony not wanting to get beat again by Turn 10 then you realize. Sony did what they had to do go back and try and spruce GT5 up even further becuase they new if they released GT5 in it's already done form in Dec like planned that Forza3 and it's 9.5 score would be pooping all over them and they are going to do anything to try and avoid that. So this is why if GT5 was to match of even dare say it score a 10 it is without question becuase Sony and PD limped over the finish line carrying Turn 10's jock strap. Turn 10 has been carring PD and Sony for years now.  

The only way Sony and PD can beat Turn 10 is to be Forza's Bitch and avoid head to head encounters and to watch and feed off of what Turn 10 does and and try and position themselfs best they can to avoid a head to head match up. Turn 10 is PD's DADDY no question.
HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@Slof:
Really? It's a video game. This has been the most ridiculous thread I've seen. If Forza 3 is such a life changing experience as you make it seem, play your game. If you feel Polyphony Digital is cheating, no one is forcing you to buy it. Lock the thread, and play your 'best game ever.'
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By turbomonkey138

I demand ice cream .
EDIT : there is totally ice cream in my freezer .......brb

TheTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheTrooper

wow dude forza copied gt? gt pretty much started racing simulation. you sir/lady are my shittard of the day! CONGRATULATIONS!!
Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Slof
@HypoXenophobia said:

"@Slof: Really? It's a video game. This has been the most ridiculous thread I've seen. If Forza 3 is such a life changing experience as you make it seem, play your game. If you feel Polyphony Digital is cheating, no one is forcing you to buy it. Lock the thread, and play your 'best game ever.' "

I have logged many hours already Forza 3 is like crack for sure. When I say one of the best games ever I mean just that. Becuase the game will really grab you and not let go. You truly can just get swept up in the game. The music and tones are great to pull you in especialy when you make some sick rides and custome them out and then just sit there and look at them in the photo display mode it truly is epic. 

Man a pimped out 350-370Z fairlady is a sick fun car to drive. At least I like it. I have this one with a wicked orange paint job and I got it all slammed to the ground with lowering springs and some ground effects it's. I also got some crazy crome rims on it. It is just awsome watching it in a replay mode. The mods and paint jobs in Forza 3 are just epic.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#43  Edited By Icemael
@dankempster said:
" ...Dr. Cash? "
I never thought of that, but now that you mention it...
Slof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Slof
@TheTrooper said:
"wow dude forza copied gt? gt pretty much started racing simulation. you sir/lady are my shittard of the day! CONGRATULATIONS!! "

Forza has been doing things in sim racing games since Forza 1 that GT5 is just now going to try and attemp to match. I would harldy say GT is still the standard. Again I will get GT5 and it should be a good game. But after 3 strait high caliber AAA titles from Turn 10 lets just stop saying GT is the standard. It has not been the standard since the launch of Forza 1
HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By HypoXenophobia
@Slof:
And any game can do that to you. Games are immersive. Demon Soul's has absorbed over 50 hours of my life, would I say its the best game ever? No, it's a great game. I'm glad you're enjoying your game, but for christ's sake be rational.  
P.S. If your thoroughly interested in mods and paint jobs, play a SimBin game on the PC.
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By tebbit
@turbomonkey138 said:
" I demand ice cream . EDIT : there is totally ice cream in my freezer .......brb "
Save some for me! You always eat all the icecream... 

Also, OP is one of the fools that ruins forums with their inane ramblings.
FrEeZe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By FrEeZe

Racings Sims are SRS BIZNIS

killdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By killdave

I loved GT1
GT2 was great
GT3 was ok
GT4 was .... not good
GT5P was an insulting demo
GT5 game is .. delayed again

I loved Forza1
Forza2 rocked my world
Forza3 is here and its the best racing game to date.

niall077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By niall077

mario cart is pretty rad
SILIK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SILIK
@Slof said:
" I respect what you say and all. You do have good spin control. I gather it seems you are clearly more of a GT fan then Forza and I'm cool with that. like I also said I think GT will be a great game. I just call it how I see it.  My problems with most of what you say are related to you make several mentions about sales and marketing. So in other words Sony choose take there best selling franchise basicly and skip the holidays? Come on I do not buy that. Clearly sales will be more flat in March VS December holiday sales? Not to mention GT5 would push PS3 systems for holidays. So if you even say yourslef the game is done then no way Sony would miss Holiday 09 and help push PS3 systems sales also.  I tend to beleive it is more of what I say. PD new they were beat again after seeing Forza 3 at TGS and sveral big name mags sites said the same after reviewing the show. This is more about Sony not wanting to get beat again by Turn 10 then you realize. Sony did what they had to do go back and try and spruce GT5 up even further becuase they new if they released GT5 in it's already done form in Dec like planned that Forza3 and it's 9.5 score would be pooping all over them and they are going to do anything to try and avoid that. So this is why if GT5 was to match of even dare say it score a 10 it is without question becuase Sony and PD limped over the finish line carrying Turn 10's jock strap. Turn 10 has been carring PD and Sony for years now.   The only way Sony and PD can beat Turn 10 is to be Forza's Bitch and avoid head to head encounters and to watch and feed off of what Turn 10 does and and try and position themselfs best they can to avoid a head to head match up. Turn 10 is PD's DADDY no question. "

I also like Forza. I've but guite many hours to Forza 2, but haven't had a change to play Forza 3. And definently play it as much as possible when the change comes. Sure I like GT. Why? Because I've never been dissapointed with the quality of GT games. Who knows what happens with GT5...

And of course it's a marketing thing. Releasing two this caliber games during holidays is extremely risky. Because FF XIII is so huge in Japan, I wouldn't be surprised to read the headlines saying that all the PS3's are sold out. So why would Sony intentionally go against another huge game which will definently sell systems? And releasing a game at the end of the fiscal year has the opportunity boost the years total sales.

And you are still speaking as this is PD's decision. Which it is not. It's the publishers. The publisher has pretty much all the control. From release date to cover art and what is the sales speech on the back cover. That is all in the hands of the publisher. 

And GT5 is done. They don't have time to change so much. Even adding a new car would bring so much more testing that even thinking about it this late in production is ridiculous. Does the new car work on every track. Does it work on menu screen against every background. Is it driveable with every control setup. If the car is in your garage, does the game save properly or does it corrupt the save file. Will the car work online. And that's just to name a few issues something so small than adding a car would bring...