Sony Issues Handy Chart, Giant Bomb Issues Handier Chart

isaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By isaiah

and this story is why I totally love giantbomb.

Charleslegrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Charleslegrand

If I could hug this site, I would...

Keeng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#103  Edited By Keeng

If anyone's grasping at straws, it's the people who keep struggling to dig up reasons why PS3 is somehow the inferior console. People try to go back to the statement that "the games aren't there" and that's just flat out false. As it turns out, the games are definitely there, and, as indicated in the handy-dandy chart there, so is the feature set. Every console has incredible games you can't play anywhere else but PS3 is the only one with features you couldn't get otherwise and Sony should be touting that. Wouldn't you?

deerpoob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By deerpoob

im probebly going to piss alot of people of but...ew.....pork....and ham also...and bacon.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#105  Edited By LordAndrew
Keeng said:
"People try to go back to the statement that "the games aren't there" and that's just flat out false. As it turns out, the games are definitely there, and, as indicated in the handy-dandy chart there, so is the feature set."
The chart says absolutely nothing about the system's games, other than features that some of them support and the fact that they come on Blu-ray (although even that isn't explicitly stated).
floodiastus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By floodiastus

you frakkin corpse eaters

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107  Edited By JoelTGM

I would get a PS3 if a 360 wasn't enough for me, but as it turns out it's more than enough.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By thiago

Tell me, o Jeff, how do you play online without a wireless adapter? If there's internet then there's one device connected to it already, the PC. Do you bring your internet modem to your living room everytime you want to play and then take it back? Wireless is such a stupid feature any console should have that it's amazing how some people are even trying to justify it.

Solid Snake:  "Games have changed."

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43392.html

Is your disk drive still damaging your disks, BTW?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You poor pieces of crap, I have a PS3, Wii, 360 AND A HAM SANDWICH!
BOW DOWN TO MY GLORY!

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

LOL. I need that  $10  sex offender add on for the ham sandwich.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#111  Edited By TomA

Ya well PS3 still has a sitty game library,i'll stick with my PC please and thank you.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By thiago
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Pibo47

Lol. But i still am selling my PS3 lol. i dont use it.

E_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#114  Edited By E_rock
ZmillA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By ZmillA

@thiago

"Tell me, o Jeff, how do you play online without a wireless adapter? If there's internet then there's one device connected to it already, the PC. Do you bring your internet modem to your living room everytime you want to play and then take it back? Wireless is such a stupid feature any console should have that it's amazing how some people are even trying to justify it."

you know, it is possible to wire directly to the router, and its faster too!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey thiago, I'm asking you nicely, please dial down the attitude. You sound like something expunged from the depths of System Wars.
As for the KZ2 footage, man I love the design of the Helghast.

brydello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By brydello

This is absolutely hilarious.

Brackynews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

#118  Edited By Brackynews

Pastrami on rye = Tissue paper thin.
Xbox 360 chip solder = Tissue paper thin.
Sony's defence over future-past technology = Tissue paper thin.
Nintendo keynotes = Tissue paper thin.

Crono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#119  Edited By Crono

"I'll take one ham sandvich; and could you add some registered sex offender on that?"

"That'll be 10 extra dollars."

*Sandvich handler inserts meat between 2 bread slices*

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By LordAndrew

For fuck's sake! Killzone 2 again?! We get it! Killzone 2 is awesome! But you haven't said anything about the other games on the system.

My problem with the chart is that certain facts have been ignored, while other irrelevant ones are brought to one's attention, all while comparing two console configurations that were never meant to be compared.
If someone buys the Arcade unit, and then buys the hard drive separately, they're an idiot. There are other SKUs available that will get you that storage capacity at a cheaper price.
The chart points out that older Xbox 360s lacked HDMI output, despite the fact that all Arcade units (the SKU being compared) have always had HDMI. And then they ignore the fact that the 20 GB PS3 did not have Wi-Fi capabilities, builtin or via add-on. That's pretty inconsistent.
The Wii's online service is also listed as "limited", which is pretty subjective since there's no definition of what an online service should have.
They also didn't mention backward compatibility, which is a shame because one of last year's best RPGs is unplayable on the currently available PS3s. Here, I'll fill that in for them. PS3: Limited. Xbox 360: Limited. Wii: Full.

Hopefully, you'll see that the chart is a rather subjective look at the three systems.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By thiago
"you know, it is possible to wire directly to the router, and its faster too!"

That's if you are part of the minority who doesn't keep the console in the living room. For playing at my room I have already my PC.

There will always be at least one device connected to the internet, and this device and the console rarely are in the same room.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By LordAndrew

Oh yeah, you know what else won't run on a PS3? Killzone 1.

Landmine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Landmine

Well this puts me in a bit of a bind. I HATE money but I already ATE the ham sandwich.

MadExponent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#124  Edited By MadExponent

Yeah, not gonna lie...the PS3 sounds really awesome when you look at charts.  But the fact that all the good games for PS3 are pretty much on Xbox 360 and the exclusives are few and far between, who cares.  The Xbox 360 is cheaper and comes with a headset.  Sony messed up with including no headset.  I can't play online games and play with no strategy.  Not gonna happen.  Which pretty much means I will never buy a multiplat online game on PS3.  Sorry Sony, you lose.

Avatar image for deactivated-6296e29cde7c5
deactivated-6296e29cde7c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I have a PS3.

thiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By thiago
BawlZINmotion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#127  Edited By BawlZINmotion

LOL nice work. :P

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#128  Edited By Geno

Sony neglected to even mention its bluray player functionality, which would've added another 200 dollars worth of extra expenses on the other consoles, or subtracted 200 from its own. For the 360, they may as well add another $100 worth of expenses because of the 30% failure rate, putting the xbox at ~$750 if it wants to match the PS3. PS3 has been the best value for money even since it came out, people who can't see that need to get a job and stop counting pennies.

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Double0hFor

whats the point of paying $400 for a gaming console if your not gonna use it for what its made for, and if i wanted a blu-ray player, id go buy a blu-ray player

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#130  Edited By ez123

I bought the 360 when it was $400 and 20 gigs with a $60 warranty. That chart has shown me the error of my ways (except for the part where I had fun playing games but who cares about that).

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Geno
Double0hFor said:
"whats the point of paying $400 for a gaming console if your not gonna use it for what its made for, and if i wanted a blu-ray player, id go buy a blu-ray player"
PS3's library is about equal to the 360's and it's only been out for half the time. It also has more and better games announced for 2009. The bluray functionality is included in the price of a regular game console, so it's like you're getting a $200 value for free, along with all of the other free features. You also don't spend a significant part of the year waiting for your broken console to come back from repairs.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#132  Edited By Red

They're right. I just think they should do what Msoft is doing and release a slim console with no wireless and a 40gig HDD so that people will actually care about the PS3.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By LordAndrew
Double0hFor said:
"whats the point of paying $400 for a gaming console if your not gonna use it for what its made for, and if i wanted a blu-ray player, id go buy a blu-ray player"
When it originally launched, it was the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market. And a quality one at that.
mrsmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By mrsmiley

SOLD.

On the sandwich, that is. I'll be eatin' well tomorrow at lunchtime! :)

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Geno
LordAndrew said:
"Double0hFor said:
When it originally launched, it was the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market. And a quality one at that."

It still is.
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By LordAndrew
Geno said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Double0hFor said:
When it originally launched, it was the cheapest Blu-ray player on the market. And a quality one at that."

It still is."
It's not the cheapest any more. Blu-ray players have gotten considerably more affordable since then.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Geno
LordAndrew said:
"Geno said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Double0hFor said:

It still is."
It's not the cheapest any more. Blu-ray players have gotten considerably more affordable since then."
  Of course it's not cheap if you see a PS3 as only a bluray player, that's like saying a CD player isn't cheap if that's all you use a car for.
a_clark82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By a_clark82

my aids are pork-scented.  am i going to die?

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#140  Edited By ReyGitano

Thank you Giantbomb. I own a 360. My friend owns a PS3. Needless to say we break out into many arguements. However we both have always agreed that the SNES is totally the best console ever created in the history of forever. You've done your duty in reminding everyone here of that fact.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#141  Edited By TheHBK

oh man this is sad.  now they need a chart to convince people.  Limited for the Wii?  I guess but come on.  Wifi is not necessary and not everyone is gonna set up a home wireless network in these tough times.  Plus how are they gonna compare pricing for HDMI if all 360s have it now?  It doesnt matter if they didnt before.  Bringing that up just means they need to bring up the $600 the PS3 used to cost.  Best bang for the buck is the arcade 360, gaming right out of the box with no need for HDD right away.  The $300 xbox is the best.  THough I do wish my SNES worked right about now.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By LordAndrew
Geno said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Geno said:
"LordAndrew said:
"Double0hFor said:

It still is."
It's not the cheapest any more. Blu-ray players have gotten considerably more affordable since then."
  Of course it's not cheap if you see a PS3 as only a bluray player, that's like saying a CD player isn't cheap if that's all you use a car for."
I said "cheapest", not cheap. You must have misunderstood me.
Xsnipd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#143  Edited By Xsnipd

Alright here are my two cents.

This post is making me scratch my head. Here 's the thing, when Sony post this up It is pure logic. They also didn't realize that there was a package that contained a HDD, Ethernet cable and 3 months worth of Live and the cost is about 29.99 without tax. You also don't need a wi-fi connection too because you can connect it to a Router which is like 50 bucks.  So in terms, the Xbox arcade is more cheaper but not cheap to the Wii. But in the console war, if they make great games and revenue can be shot out of the roof (i.e Wii/PS2), they would come out the winner and right now Xbox 360 has one of the two down, the PS3 is a little bit close but weak in library (exclusives and 3rd Party Developments). So overall, the arcade versin is still the cheapest and Sony has gotten out of terms. (Ham sandwiches will Rule the console war!!!!!)

finalkross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#144  Edited By finalkross

This was the funniest thing I have read today...absolutely incredible!

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

This is the best videogame site. You fuckers are just going to have to calm down and deal with it. I've had a few.

xWOBBx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By xWOBBx

fanboy alert.  seems like someone took sony's CES conference to heart.

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By MaddProdigy

I love ham sandwiches. 360 ftw even if it does mean i hate money

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

Hmmm, after adding up everything for the Ham sandwich, the total I got was: "YES"...

racastro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By racastro

Wow...sony is kind desperate

Fredescu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Fredescu

It has been pointed out to me that the PS3 [i]has[/i] Bubsy support. Bubsy 3D support! One whole D better more the original.