sony need to get there act together on the gamer pics

Sick_Sick_Sick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Really enjoying my time with the ps4 but the one thing that has left me a little disappointed is the lack of new icons for your profile.

Maybe its my design obsessions but with xbox getting folks like always with honor http://www.alwayswithhonor.com/XBOX-Gamerpics there all great! i'm tempted to make my facebook profile one of these just to have it show up.

Sony really needs to get some cool designers in too its not like were all busy or something!

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I made a fake facebook for my new gamerpic.

Worth the few minutes that takes.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Yeah, they stopped adding new ones a while ago, and it used to be a nice surprise when they came along with firmware updates, some of them are of really good quality to boot.

I'm thinking of making a fake Facebook account just to upload virtually any avatar I'd like, starting with Walter White.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just use my face. My beautiful beautiful face.

Sick_Sick_Sick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sploder: i try to avoid looking at my face as much as possible

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was going in this thread ready to complain "it's just a picture whatever" but yeah, those Xbox ones are super good.

As a PS4 buyer, I'm envious. Sony needs to get their shit together ;).

matti00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever, I've got an 8-bit techno zebra and my dumb ass face, what more do I need?

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By joshwent

"their"

yeah, I'll be that asshole. Never correct people in a post, but in your thread title... proofread that shit, yo!

Anyway, those avatar images are cool, but maybe MS should have given some of that money to have indies make games, instead of design folks makin' pretty pictures.

Opus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Opus

I'm playing tearaway and I'm just like "damn, it's like the baby from the 'teletubbies' grew up in the worst way possible."

Insignificant spoiler for tearaway, but I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone going in fresh: The game's sun has your face in it, using the vita's front facing camera. You get to see your silly mug A LOT, since the sun is a huge component of the story, even when you're wandering around the world and decide to point the camera upwards.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Ehhhh I never really bitch about this type of thing, I just get what ever looks cool and use it and never really bother changing it. My Xbox pic is just my avatar which I'd rather have then a commercial picture of a character. Do they have a way to use a Home avatar as your gamer pic..... Is Home even in the PS4 lol.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Ps+ had some decent ones from time to time. But i agree, it seems lackluster. They should either fully remove em or increase the quality/quantity. Or we should all buy the Francis York Morgan one.

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have my real name and real face synced up on PS4. Microsoft needs to get on that.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I was going in this thread ready to complain "it's just a picture whatever" but yeah, those Xbox ones are super good.

Yeah, those are really, really nice.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, me too. I think this is Sony's solution, push it off on a third party platform and let the user upload any nonsense they want. I made my profile picture a picture of Roland Barthes smoking a cigarette.

@somejerk said:

I made a fake facebook for my new gamerpic.

Worth the few minutes that takes.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I've been mighty happy with my Crash Bandicoot icon, but Brad's Xbone Steak makes me really jealous. Such an awesome lil steak. ):

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might replace my Joel gamer pic to Santa Fenix!

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By toowalrus

My HAZE icon is the shit.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm quite content with my picture.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Samaritan

The support for your FB picture is a nice alternative, but Microsoft is definitely killing it with dumb/amazing pictures for your online game profile.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

As great as those pics are, you still get the problem that every other person has the same avatar. I like that Sony has the option to have a custom pic, although I'm not sure I'd link my Facebook page.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SomeJerk

I gotta correct my earlier post because I was kinda wrong. Facebook sourced pics are only visible to PS4 users, no different if there's real name authorization from someone with an FB pic?

So, I do wish they shaped up on this. Just difficult to check every image that makes it through from facebook, you can go full on anime if you absolutely want to, shame you'll be known only by your PS3 avatar. Makes me want to look into buying some more exclusive avatars, frankly.

No Caption Provided

LVL3Bard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@opus said:
@sick_sick_sick said:

I'm playing tearaway and I'm just like "damn, it's like the baby from the 'teletubbies' grew up in the worst way possible."

Insignificant spoiler for tearaway, but I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone going in fresh: The game's sun has your face in it, using the vita's front facing camera. You get to see your silly mug A LOT, since the sun is a huge component of the story, even when you're wandering around the world and decide to point the camera upwards.

Ha, I know that feeling. If only I could pay a good-looking actor (actress?) to stand in the way of the camera while I play.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#24  Edited By sammo21

I literally use the same pic I do on Giant Bomb as I do on Facebook, so I am happy.

GooieGreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want to make a Facebook account [again] just so my icon can be "Love Ryan Davis"

I spent 50 cents on PSN avatar (Mao from Disgaea 3) and it was worth it. I would like to see Sony allow for avatar unlocks in games (I've never come across them so I'm assuming that isn't a thing). It would be a nice get, especially for people who chase trophies or pull off something challenging. At least they've updated the avatar database a bit so not everyone is a duck anymore.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I found a pic that looks like Brog from Chrono trigger, so I'm good.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By bigjeffrey

You can use your Facebook photo, I think that's better than gamerpics. You are not limited to the selection they give you. You want Mickey mouse you fucking use Mickey mouse.