Sony's Sale of the Dead

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is anybody picking any of these games up?

Demon Souls is on sale, as well as all three Fatal Frame games.

I've never had the chance to dip my toes into the Frame series. Is it worth starting from the original? I know the sequel is supposedly better.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I bought the original last year when a similar sale was going on and I think it's worth giving a shot. It leaves a strong first impression, one of the strongest in any horror game I've ever played, but the terror you initially feel wears off with repetition.

I played a good bit of the game in a couple of sittings but once it got stale I never got back to it so it's still unfinished for me. I think, for the price, you can't go wrong. I might even go back and finish it off now.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Fatal Frame 2 may just be my favorite horror game to date, I've decided after my recent second playthrough. It's not overly scary--mostly just tense when dealing with multiple ghosts--but it has great atmosphere, including a few really unsettling moments, and some of the best pacing in the genre. I've played the original and remember it being a bit rougher and less interesting overall than 2--but I still think it is worth playing first if you want to try them all. As for 3, I haven't played it yet but did pick it up with the intent of playing it here soon.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@bigmess said:

Is anybody picking any of these games up?

Nope. None of them interest me enough, or I've already played them. Besides, I still want to grab Peggle 2 and Costume Quest 2 when I can.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigmess: I've got my eye on some of those games.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Solh0und

I bought PvZ Garden Warfare since it was on sale.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By Yummylee

We've gotta sale going on in Europe, too. None of the Fatal Frame (or Project Zero, rather) on here, however... don't even have them on the PS store to begin with, so... God, that still fucking sucks all the shit.

Alice: Madness Returns for £4 seems alright at least. Still haven't decided about getting it or not, though.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Gosh darn, Fatal Frame 2 is a really good game. That'll be my 31st game, as I've already finished Evil Within.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

May go for that demon's rolls. I remember how impenetrable i thought it was first time. Now that i (sort of) got into DkSouls 1 and 2 it may go over better.

Crimsonland???

ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As someone who played the original a couple weeks ago, I can safely say that you can skip it and head on straight to the second one. It's not that much scary anymore and it gets pretty repetitive mid-game. The puzzles aren't particularly interesting and you are forced to explore the smallish mansion at least 3 times over throughout the game.

peterdotorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Has anyone played Siren? I want to pick that up next week, though admittedly I know very little about it.

Fatal Frame 2 is probably my favorite horror game. It's the first time I allowed myself to properly experience a game like that (wait for everyone to go to sleep, turn off all the lights, plug in headphones) and holy hell. I never actually finished it due to being so thoroughly creeped out. I wanted to finally play it through by Halloween, but it doesn't look like that'll happen this year.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By EuanDewar

@yummylee said:

We've gotta sale going on in Europe, too. None of the Fatal Frame (or Project Zero, rather) on here, however... don't even have them on the PS store to begin with, so... God, that still fucking sucks all the shit.

Alice: Madness Returns for £4 seems alright at least. Still haven't decided about getting it or not, though.

Madness Returns is real solid. The lengths of the levels do sometimes stretch out beyond what is reasonable but apart from that it's a very cool game.

amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks like I already own all the games that interest me from this sale.

LeStephan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here on the euro store: ALL resident evil games on p3 for 35 euros? count me in! I didn't have any of them yet on ps3 except for Resi 5 so thats a pretty awesome deal for like 9 games or something

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dammit, I wish I could play PS3 games on my PS4 :(

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Jeust

@peterdotorg said:

Has anyone played Siren? I want to pick that up next week, though admittedly I know very little about it.

Fatal Frame 2 is probably my favorite horror game. It's the first time I allowed myself to properly experience a game like that (wait for everyone to go to sleep, turn off all the lights, plug in headphones) and holy hell. I never actually finished it due to being so thoroughly creeped out. I wanted to finally play it through by Halloween, but it doesn't look like that'll happen this year.

I've played Siren: Blood Curse and hated it. The acting is horrible, the moments with the shibito are somewhat tense, but its gameplay is heavily reliant in trial and error, so after a while it just gets frustrating.

I also hated Fatal Frame 1 and 2. Didn't feel much scared by the games, more creeped by the somber soundtracks, because I was too busy getting the best angle on the ghosts, their faces also looked up close didn't felt real enough that I'd get scared, and after a while their movements become jarring to me, unnatural, artificial. I never really found them real enough to feel threaten by them.

Fatal Frame 3 seemed like a really creepy game, given the profundly depressing back story of the main character, as well as the dark graphical style. Didn't get very far in it, but to me seemed the best of the three, tonally wise.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Tempted to get Demon's Souls just so I can have a digital copy without being held to the confines of PS+.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

Would anyone recommend manhunt and/or Daylight ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3
deactivated-5bf47a52ab2a3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love the Fatal Frame series! The third one is my favourite. You can jump into the series at any point so don't feel compelled to start from the beginning. They're all very good games, I highly recommend them.

Slay3r1583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Week 2 is apparently going to have the Corpse Party games. I think I'm finally going to check them out.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By hippie_genocide

I've never played any of the Fatal Frame games. Watched my then girlfriend play through one of them on the PS2. Seemed kinda cool. Is there one that is considered required playing above all others in the series, kinda like RE4 or SMB3?

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hippie_genocide: I think most people say Fatal Frame II is the masterpiece of the series.

OttoRostock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am not sure I'd call this a sale. It looks more like a sale for sales' sake. I'd understand the poor selection on PS4 but why then there's practically nothing worth of buying on Vita?

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm grabbing Darkstalkers to add to my fighting game stable. Considering the Fatal Frames, but I'm not toatlly sold.