Sorry to say it again but .....

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@voidburger is the best addition to the GB family. And I am talking even back to the 'Old School Days', Just imagine vids with her and Vinny.

Ok, I'll stop here but @jerf and @jeff_gerstmann Keep on guys! The GB community (even as critical we can get) counts on you!

(Plus, I know how it is with 2 small kids in the house)

Thank you!!!!!!

@iron_tool

Retris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I disagree, I've found all of the additions to the GB family since Austin to be absolutely superb. That is not to take away from Voidburger who is bringing tremendous shitposter energy to the site, but every one of the additions have been home runs.

Austin brought an insightful voice, Big Content Ben brought all sorts of shows and the return of Ben's Lens, Jan is chill and wholesome like Drew was but has that hoodlum past to him much like Gerstmann, Abby also tried a lot of stuff and talked about games that wouldn't normally get attention and clue crew was the comfiest feature the site has ever had. They all ruled in their own ways.

I really hope GB will continue thinking outside of the box when they hire new people in the future. Either ways, I feel like Giant Bomb is on good shoulders with Jan and Jess.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agreed.

Her Phantasmagoria video should be required viewing.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#5 FinalDasa  Moderator

Please don't turn this positive thread into a popularity contest.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

She rules. Kind of the kick the site needed after losing so many folks. If they can get one or two more people as cool as Jess, GB will be in good shape for a long time.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, she's been a tremendous addition. digging everything i've seen!

El_Blarfo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's real good! Def would love it if they brought in at least one more full-time hire. As much as I miss seeing everyone in one studio, I think the bigger issue has been that GB just hasn't had a full roster. Whether that's up to the various Jeffs or if that decision is made by higher-ups I dunno. Anyway, really entertaining stuff from Jess so far.

Nuttism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with @retris. Jess is great, and really slides right into the crew. It already feels like she has been there forever, but to me, every single one of the hires (as well as the vast majority of their guests) have been a home run. Patrick was sadly before my time, but Dan has absolutely incredible energy and he created a lot of *iconic* GB moments. Drew was effortlessly cool and dare I say, sexy, and was always worth listening to. Austin Walker was incredibly knowledgeable and a joy to have around, as well as the best GOTY participant around. Ben really vibed with the rest of the crew, and had a great passion for games. Abby is quite simply the funniest person who has ever been a part of the bomb/beastcast (shame some people didn't understand her humor) and was very creative. Jan is a complete charmer who always manages to bring a smile to my face whenever he comes on, and brings great nerd cred.

I think the point of this comment is to point out how incredible Giant Bomb has been at hiring people since its inception that not a single person has been a dud or even just "average" (whatever that means), and they have each brought something new and interesting to the site. Getting those people here is a real talent which should be commended. I just (selfishly) wish some of those people could have stayed on for longer... Jess really seems to be in her element at the site, so I hope they build on from here and I can't wait to see what other people they bring on.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@finaldasa: How else can we know who the BEST Giant Bomb hire is?!

eccentrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 15

I'm intrigued by the idea of a popularity contest where the people arguing aren't the participants in the contest but the judges. Maybe console wars would be an example, although I think that's more about quality/performance than popularity.

Iron_Tool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 FinalDasa  Moderator
Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

@finaldasa: Now thats the sort of creative thinking I can get behind!

htr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By htr10

I’m all in on anyone who brings a major horror game presence to the site. Really like the Silent Hill series so far.

tartyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, she is a great hire, but I also have liked literally every single person that has ever been front facing on giant Bomb in all eras, including interns and freelancers. Each team member has brought something great into the mix, and Jess is no exception. The strength that GB has always had is knowing the right people to have on the team.

DavoTron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@retris said:

bringing tremendous shitposter energy

Oh dear.

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm still worried Borne to Run is dead, but other than that, I find the new people to be great and I think Jan has really stepped up his game. I always loved Vinny for his positivity and wholesome nature, and Jan is just up there with him.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All hires on GB have been good, and they all felt like a big loss when they eventually moved on.

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

These threads never feel good.