Spike VGA rumours...something good, something bad.

• 56 results
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Rayfield

UNCHARTED 3 

MASS EFFECT 3 

LEFT 4 DEAD 3 

Now, how real are these exactly? Who knows? Uncharted 3 seems very possible, Mass Effect 3 seems to soon and Left 4 Dead 3 seems insane... 

I will be extremely pissed off if it is L4D3. HOW ABOUT HALF-LIFE 3 HUH? 

THE SHEER MAJESTY OF THE TOSHIBA HELMET WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN. ARE YOU LISTENING VALVE?
THE SHEER MAJESTY OF THE TOSHIBA HELMET WILL MAKE IT HAPPEN. ARE YOU LISTENING VALVE?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By ch13696

I hope that freakin helmet is true. I want it.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rayfield
@ch13696 said:
"I hope that freakin helmet is true. I want it. "

More than Half-Life 3?
shadyspace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By shadyspace

I sorta want the Bioware announcement to be a ME game a la Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. I'd be totally down with a strong single player campaign and a well-realized mutliplayer component. Mass Effect 3's a known quantity after all.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman

I could see Uncharted 3 and Mass Effect 3, I guess. But nothing more than a logo, which is kind of pointless because it's like "Oh, really? You're going to make another one of those? No kidding." But I find Left 4 Dead 3 extremely hard to believe. 

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MaddProdigy

In my own mind I'm 100% sure that Bioware will not be announcing Mass Effect 3. They've been saying "It's a trilogy." since day 1, why in the world would they have a big VGA announcement for a sure thing. Uncharted 3 as well is a guarantee, but I think at best we would get a mysterious teaser, no full game announcement for another year or so. What with development of Infamous 2, and the pressure on the studio after the fucking amazing-ness that was Uncharted 2, I hope they'll take their time. L4D3...probably happening at some point.  A Half Life 3 announcement...too good to ever happen. If that went down...I can't imagine a world post Half Life 3 announcement.

Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn
@MaddProdigy:  Infamous is made by Sucker Punch, and Naughty Dog makes Uncharted. I don't see how the development of the two games would interfere.
ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ch13696
@Rayfield said:
" @ch13696 said:
"I hope that freakin helmet is true. I want it. "
More than Half-Life 3? "
I was hoping for Half-Life 3, but after seeing that.. I jizzed my pants. Half-Life 3 has never done that for me. It's just been a quick tease and then stop. YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!
niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By niamahai

nah its the ME FPS spin off starring a younger Zaed during the 1st contact wars. So yes, pawning a lot of turians. It will be IMPRESSIVE!

Unchartered 3. Only good if Zoey/Claudia Black returns. God knows what ancient site we will desecrate this time. Hopefully no Russian =p

Half Life 3 @ VGA? haahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahaahahha. 

Ha.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ch13696
@BjornTheUnicorn said:
" @MaddProdigy:  Infamous is made by Sucker Punch, and Naughty Dog makes Uncharted. I don't see how the development of the two games would interfere. "
He's on the Xbox 360 side, I doubt he would know anything about real gaming. =p
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rayfield
@MaddProdigy: 

"Hey Gabe, it's January 2018. You said now was the time. I'll send off the official press release for Half-Life 3." 

"Hmm, you know what? Hold off for now." 

"Wha?" 

"Hmmm yeah, I was thinking more DLC for Left 4 Dead 5 actually." 

"Oh sweet Jesus! You can't! You can't keep doing this man! The whole effing world is in flames thanks to the Global Pelican Rebellion and we don't even have Jersey Shore to watch anymore! People need this. You promised them Gabe. PEOPLE NEED TO FINALLY PLAY HALF-LIFE 3 GODDAMMIT." 

"Hmm, yes. You go die now." 

"Urrrkkkghghghh!!!" 

"Hmm, I think crabcakes for lunch."
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By AuthenticM

How cool would it be if it was a reboot of Syphon Filter or Crash Bandicoot? Yeah, that's be great.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#13  Edited By Sooperspy
@Rayfield said:
" @MaddProdigy:  "Hey Gabe, it's January 2018. You said now was the time. I'll send off the official press release for Half-Life 3."  "Hmm, you know what? Hold off for now."  "Wha?"  "Hmmm yeah, I was thinking more DLC for Left 4 Dead 5 actually."  "Oh sweet Jesus! You can't! You can't keep doing this man! The whole effing world is in flames thanks to the Global Pelican Rebellion and we don't even have Jersey Shore to watch anymore! People need this. You promised them Gabe. PEOPLE NEED TO FINALLY PLAY HALF-LIFE 3 GODDAMMIT."  "Hmm, yes. You go die now."  "Urrrkkkghghghh!!!"  "Hmm, I think crabcakes for lunch." "
LOL!
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By audiosnag
@ch13696 said:

" @BjornTheUnicorn said:

" @MaddProdigy:  Infamous is made by Sucker Punch, and Naughty Dog makes Uncharted. I don't see how the development of the two games would interfere. "

He's on the Xbox 360 side, I doubt he would know anything about real gaming. =p "
I'm glaring at you right now. SUPER angry like.

The announcements are the only reason to watch this train wreck of a program. I didn't mind it before this year but the fact that Emmanuelle Chriqui (who granted is hot as blazes) is nominated for best performance for reading numbers while Lindsey Shaw who played Trip in Enslaved isn't is a goddamn joke.
/rant
On topic, Left 4 Dead 3 would be...unfortunate. Seriously if they don't announce new Half Life content (either episode 3 or Half Life 3) i'm gonna hunt Gabe down.
Mass 3 i assume will be announced which would be raaad. Uncharted 3 would be cool too i guess but i don't have a PS3 so....shrug
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rayfield
@AuthenticM said:
"How cool would it be if it was a reboot of Syphon Filter or Crash Bandicoot? Yeah, that's be great. "

Ew. Jesus Christ no.
Kut_U_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Kut_U_Up

There is a part of me that really hopes that it is L4D3, because i think that would be the funniest thing ever.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Bioware...please don't disappoint me!

L4D3 and Uncharted 3 can go fuck themselves, I'll pick the games up when the hype is gone because they will be overrated and hyped like their previous installments.

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18  Edited By vaiz

I will kill Gabe Newell. I will go to fucking Valve, and I will murder him. I will find a way to shank through all his fat. I invite you all to join me.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By Yummylee

I would love for it to be a Left4Dead 2 port to the PS3. 

As for ME3 and U3: I'd still strike a face destroying grin if they were to only unveil the logos. 

Also -

@TaliciaDragonsong said:

"Uncharted 3 can go fuck themselves, I'll pick the games up when the hype is gone because they will be overrated and hyped like their previous installments. "

You suck.
TonicBH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TonicBH

It's called HL2: Episode Three. Stop saying Half-Life 3. It's not gonna be L4D3 either.    

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rayfield

@Abyssfull: 

Dude, don't say that. Now I have an image of Gabe Newell coming out on stage to say: 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm proud to finally announce that HALF...of the Left 4 Dead saga will come to the PS3!"

MaddProdigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MaddProdigy
@BjornTheUnicorn:  Oh my bad, I thought it was a Naughty Dog production as well.  

@ch13696:

Obvious troll is obvious. You know I have a question, since I've never gotten to talk to an actual troll. Do you try to troll people because you don't know how else to get anyone to talk to you? I can't think of any other reason why someone would try to start an argument over nothing you know? You make an absolutely groundless remark, trying to get me to respond...for what. Because you're lonely? Please respond, trolls never answer me back and I've been searching for the answer for years and years. It's like a personal quest of mind, to understand the mind of a troll in his natural habitat.

@Rayfield: Dude that's totally what's going on. Some Valve team has the whole game most of the way done and the lead developer is just pulling an Office Space and playing tetris all day instead of releasing it.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rayfield
@TonicBH said:

" It's called HL2: Episode Three. Stop saying Half-Life 3. It's not gonna be L4D3 either.     "

Announcing Half-Life 2: anything in 2010 (or the far future) is completely insane from a marketing standpoint. 

It will be called Half-Life 3 (when it finally happens).
SquirrelGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SquirrelGOD

I don't see it happening, but I would think it'd be the funniest thing if they made Left 4 Dead 3.  Mostly, because I want to see all the whiny-ass nerds lose their fucking minds and then still buy the damn game anyways.

TonicBH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TonicBH
@Rayfield said:
" @TonicBH said:

" It's called HL2: Episode Three. Stop saying Half-Life 3. It's not gonna be L4D3 either.     "

Announcing Half-Life 2: anything in 2010 (or the far future) is completely insane from a marketing standpoint.  It will be called Half-Life 3 (when it finally happens). "
That answer sounds very stupid. Half-Life 3 needs to be a drastic jump into a new time period and world, not just an easy sequel that finishes the HL2 saga. Don't apply other developer's logic to Valve, it never works. 

It will still be called Half-Life 2: Episode Three. They've gone this far, they can't change it now without having to do some really weird explanations for new players.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Rayfield
@MaddProdigy said:
"@Rayfield: Dude that's totally what's going on. Some Valve team has the whole game most of the way done and the lead developer is just pulling an Office Space and playing tetris all day instead of releasing it. "

LOL, now picturing Gabe Newell as Bill Lumberg. 

"Yeeeeaaahhh, I'm gonna have to go ahead to stop you from giving our fans what they want."
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Dalai

Mass Effect 3 is no big surprise. We all knew it was coming eventually. Same with Uncharted 2. 

As for Left 4 Dead 3, I'm thinking Valve should wait a while and just give people Episode 3 already. I don't really care personally, but the people want it.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Rayfield

@TonicBH: 

Sure thing, no problem. 

HALF LIFE 3 HALF LIFE 3 HALF LIFE 3 HALF LIFE 3 HALF LIFE 3

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jace

OH MY FUCKING GOD IF THEY ANNOUNCE L4D3 I WILL FUCKING RAGE WITH THE FORCE OF ONE THOUSAND SUNS.

moelarrycurly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By moelarrycurly

I'm totally down for Left 4 Dead 3.  I don't get why people are so down on it.  Just because it pushes an announcement of Episode 3 doesn't mean that game isn't getting made (which it totally is).  Uncharted 3 has me quivering with joy... loved 1 and 2 to death.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ch13696
@MaddProdigy said:
" @ch13696:
  Obvious troll is obvious. You know I have a question, since I've never gotten to talk to an actual troll. Do you try to troll people because you don't know how else to get anyone to talk to you? I can't think of any other reason why someone would try to start an argument over nothing you know? You make an absolutely groundless remark, trying to get me to respond...for what. Because you're lonely? Please respond, trolls never answer me back and I've been searching for the answer for years and years. It's like a personal quest of mind, to understand the mind of a troll in his natural habitat. "
It was a joke dude. That's why this lil dude "=p" was there. Anyways, my son here would be happy to reply to you... 

No Caption Provided
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Rayfield
@Jace said:
"OH MY FUCKING GOD IF THEY ANNOUNCE L4D3 I WILL FUCKING RAGE WITH THE FORCE OF ONE THOUSAND SUNS. "

Yeah, that's what I'm talkin bout. Please film nerd-rage and post it on Youtube like that Wow fan who angrily shoved a TV remote up his ass.
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33  Edited By recroulette
@Kut_U_Up said:
" There is a part of me that really hopes that it is L4D3, because i think that would be the funniest thing ever. "
Agreed.
Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jace
@Rayfield: 

I'll shove 10 remotes up my goddamn ass.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Rayfield
@Jace said:
" @Rayfield said:
" @Jace said:
"OH MY FUCKING GOD IF THEY ANNOUNCE L4D3 I WILL FUCKING RAGE WITH THE FORCE OF ONE THOUSAND SUNS. "
Yeah, that's what I'm talkin bout. Please film nerd-rage and post it on Youtube like that Wow fan who angrily shoved a TV remote up his ass. "
I WILL SHOVE APPROXIMATELY 2 REMOTES UP MY ASS. "

Awesome.  *heats popcorn* 
Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jace
@moelarrycurly: 

Because we've already fucking played L4D3. Twice.

Valve isn't a fucking zombie dev. They are Half-Life. It is what made them. I don't give a flying fuck even about portal 2 anymore. They'll delay that shit until I'm dead.
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By audiosnag
@Jace said:

" @Rayfield:   I'll shove 10 remotes up my goddamn ass. "

livestream?
This was the first post i saw when i opened the thread. I almost didn't bother looking back at what the context was. It was hilarious without it.
Julmust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By Julmust

Valve will announce L4D3 and a L4D-collection for the PS3. Calling it.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jace
@Rayfield: 

Nothing, and I mean nothing, could troll me more in the gaming world than for Valve to announce another L4D. That is just a whole other level of troll.
Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jace
@audiosnag: 

I'm glad you enjoyed it. I try.
recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By recroulette
@Jace said:
" @moelarrycurly:   Because we've already fucking played L4D3. Twice.  Valve isn't a fucking zombie dev. They are Half-Life. It is what made them. I don't give a flying fuck even about portal 2 anymore. They'll delay that shit until I'm dead. "
By your logic Uncharted and Infamous shouldn't exist.
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Rayfield

Thread bringing the lols.
benpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By benpack
@Rayfield said:
" @TonicBH said:

Announcing Half-Life 2: anything in 2010 (or the far future) is completely insane from a marketing standpoint.  It will be called Half-Life 3 (when it finally happens). "

Seriously. If it was episode 3 it would just be a couple of hours. HL3 will be a full $60 game.
Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jace
@RecSpec: 

No, by my logic, I shouldn't care about UC2 or Infamous.

Spoiler:

Ifuckingdontlol
shiftymagician

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#45  Edited By shiftymagician

I hope that it isn't Left 4 Dead 3.  Valve should really get back to the series that more than ever, needs a next and possibly final chapter.  Half Life 2 episode 3, shortly after with the announcement of Half Life 3 to be released in 2 years or so.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By recroulette

Here is said teaser image, and a link to see it even bigger.

L4D3?
L4D3?
Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jace
@ShiftyMagician: 

u mean u dont wanna shoot more zambies lololl i do111!!!11!oneoneelevenone111111!!
Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Rayfield
@RecSpec: 

That '1 of 3' in the bottom right sure rings some alarms.
canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By canucks23

Seems like it'd be a nice bit of promotion to reveal ME3 right after giving goty to ME2...

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#50  Edited By Brendan

There will never be another half-life.  It's writers block, I'm convinced.  They got stonewalled after HL2:E2, and have no idea where to go from there.