Splinter Cell Versus Mode.

PartWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PartWerewolf

This is going to be sort of a rant, but I just wanted to see if anybody felt the same way.

My favorite game of all time, is Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory just because of the multiplayer portion. I never really played the co-op missions, or single-player, but Spies Versus Mercs over Xbox Live is the most fun I've ever had with a videogame.

Pandora Tomorrow was great but I never really played the multiplayer portion that much, everyone else was just too good. But then came along Chaos Theory and I was determined to become pretty good at it. So I played a little bit everyday, joined a clan, and slowly began getting better. Once I was good it was so much fun. There was so much strategy, skill, and experience required to actually be a good team. No sixty versus sixty. No vehicles or classes. Just two spies verus two mercs that IMO was the most intense multiplayer game ever.

But then came along Double Agent, and forgive me DA fans, but Ubi ruined it. They dumbed it down, sped it up, and turned into just another fast paced game. Splinter Cell: Conviction will come out and with the new look of the game I doubt the Spies Verus Mercs mode will return. But if they announced it that would be my most anticpated game.

Forgive me if this has been just a rant about lost games, but anybody else miss Splinter Cell?

DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By DARKIDO07

Yar they tried to make Double Agent like Metal Gear but have it play like Splinter Cell and it turned out like shit. I heard a rumor that Ubi has scrapped the old Convictions and is starting over to make it like Splinter Cell once was. (This would explain its delays.)

PartWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PartWerewolf

I really hope they did. That would be awesome, now I'll just need to get a better PC if they make it so I can actually play :(

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

I understand where your coming from man Chaos Theory was awesome. But, I will have to say, it all started with Pandora Tomorrow and I found that Pandora Tomorrow was way more balanced. I was a level  11 in Pandora Tomorrow. Chaos Theory gave the mercs a just a bit too much muscle. I think mostly because of the maps. The best maps came from Pandora and aquarius was alright. Really upset with DA and the new one coming up soon...

PartWerewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PartWerewolf

I wish I would have played Pandora Tomorrow before Chaos Theory. I was pretty damn good at one point, but all the best players were former PT players. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Conviction will bring back the old SvM.

Motoracer2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Motoracer2005

Double Agent like Metal Gear but have it play like Splinter Cell and it turned out like shit.