• 53 results
JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JesalRajdev

A short while ago I posted here asking for help testing a new GB Video Player I was developing. Thanks to some good feedback, I've released that app today.

Features

• Search, watch, and download videos
  • Cast videos using Google Cast
  • Create queues of videos
  • Autoplay episodes
  • Picture in Picture
  • Track your progress through shows and videos

All features are available on all devices, from iPhones to iPads to Macs

Coming soon

• Create playlists
  • More themes
  • Auto-downloads

It's available on the App Store here

Images

Compatibility

The app is compatible with devices running iOS 13+ or macOS 10.15 Catalina.

It is based on the SwiftUI framework, and so can't run on older OS's.

Feature Requests

I'm always open to hearing about features you'd like to see or issues you've had! Either post them here or create an issue on GitHub

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By conmulligan

Congrats on getting through app review! Seems like it was touch and go for a while there.

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@conmulligan: Yeah, they've even rejected an update to the Mac app because they're worried I'm using GB content without permission. Maddeningly inconsistent.

Joe1l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joe1l
ev77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesalrajdev: Holy shit how did you get around that? I've been arguing with them for over a month now about the GB content issue; and even with an email from Rorie stating I have permission they still won't approve my tvOS app.

Glad you were able to get by though, congrats.

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ev77 I haven't been able to get around it yet, the last update on mac has been rejected. It seems like a luck-of-the-draw issue with what reviewer you get.

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I have no idea how difficult this feature is to develop and include, but is there any hope for playback speed as a feature on all videos? I would love to use any of the number of rad duder-developed GB video apps on iOS, but I stick with Pocket Casts because I can watch the videos at whatever speed I choose, critical for the amount of content I consume.

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejasonsigler: Added it to my backlog! That's relatively easy to implement

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesalrajdev: Sweet! I have yet to find another GB video app that would allow for that, it would make for a must-have app for me, not sure how many others would like to have that feature.

mikachops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thats really cool :) gonna check it out today.

FunkyHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Awesome work!

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congrats! Been testing the app for quite some time and there's a lot of positives going for it over the others.

One thing I wanted to mention, that I kept meaning to but it kept slipping my mind once I got busy. If a video is not labelled correctly by the system, or it is not assigned a certain "series" tag, the video will not show up in the downloads tab. So for instance, if I download a quick look, there will automatically be a quick look "folder" that is created in the downloads tab and the video will (obviously) be inside.

But if it's not labelled correctly, such as a couple Nancy Drew videos not having the Clue Crew label, or some that just don't fall into any particular bucket (like the video where they ranked Toonami anime), you cannot find the video in downloads. I had to scroll through the explore tab in order to find it, and in the case of the Toonami one, I was just scrolling through to see if I had missed watching anything and only then realized that I hadn't watched that particular video when I saw the 'downloaded' icon.

Other than that, great app, I love how you can see how much of the video you've watched and there's the continue watching carousel so I can easily go back and resume watching something I haven't finished. Fantastic job, Duder!

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thejasonsigler: Update with variable playback should be making its way through the app store now

@wchigo:Thanks for the heads up, will try to get that fixed soon!

TheJasonSigler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesalrajdev: It appears to have already gone through!

First off, thank you so much for taking my suggestion and immediately implementing it. Best customer service I've received in months! Secondly, I notice that changing the playback speed to anything faster than 1.0x gives all the voices a grainy, robot-like tone. I notice that even YouTube sounds more metallic (sorry for my descriptions, best I can liken them to) when sped up past 1.0x, so this might just be an issue with the feature and not the app. If you want or are able to tweak it to sound clearer, that's up to you, but again, thank you for bothering to add the feature in the first place.

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's an odd one, it sounded fine on my iPad, iPhone and Mac. I tested on Metal Gear Scanlon 2 - Episode 7.

Mind letting me know what Video + Quality you were watching, and on what device you used?

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ev77: Rorie was extremely helpful and sent me a PDF on cbsi letterhead that said I was allowed to use the content. Seems to have gotten me out of review hell

@wchigo: the fix for this should be live now. Sorry it took a while, the app store was rejecting all updates for content reasons. Through now

trulyalive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By trulyalive
Loading Video...

SPLODEY?!

In all seriousness, though, this seems really cool but my internet speeds leave a lot to be desired so I'll probably check this out again next year when I move somewhere without garbage internet!

ev77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesalrajdev: He sent me one as well and you would think, and yet apple review still rejects my tvOS app.... Fuck those guys.

wchigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesalrajdev: awesome stuff! I saw the update in the App Store last night, gonna have to download a vid to test it out now, haha. :)

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a while since I've been able to work on this, but I've made some updates

Added playlists, live streams, and Chromecast lock screen controls.
Also fixed some issues with iOS 14

phwach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No idea how any of this works so I apologize if it doesn't work this way, but is it possible to allow users to log in with their Google, Facebook, etc. like the main site?

iPhone_Tyler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

JesalRajdev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phwach:Sadly not, because Apple mandates that if you allow an app to login via a social service, you must also implement "Sign-in With Apple". Giant Bomb would have to add that as a sign-in option before I could unhide the social logins.

Is it possible to add password login if you already have a social login setup?

Jzumaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jesalrajdev: Loving the new app, the auto play function is incredibly useful to me. Thanks for the great work.