Spore Slaughterd on Amazon Star Rating

gamerpigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gamerpigeon

spore has some issues but overall is a good game , like jeff and many others i was expecting an evolutionary experience , which never really happens .... but besides that there are DRM issues and this has led to the amazing Amazon Star Rating for Spore in the USA and the UK ,

1 Star Usa
1 Star 1/2 Uk

madness , and this is an average from about 1000+ reviews for the game

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I think there's another topic with this in it.........

Anyways, I think it's ridiculous. They're just hurting Maxis and Will Wright. EA doesn't give a damn.
BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By BiggerBomb

Games are often looked down upon by an unwarrented level of hype before they came out and they are scorned through no fault but that of the consumer's. It pisses me off.

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By weltal

From what I've heard it's just people whining about DRM being in there. I guess it's some sort of "protest", meh.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Jayge_

Power to them. Sorry if it hits Maxis (who cares, they're rich beyond rich). They'll make Sims 3; but if Sims 3 and other upcoming projects don't show that EA has learned its lesson... Nobody is going to want anything to do with it.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24

I say that too.  If you search "Spore DRM" in google this story is the first to appear.

Vlademir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Vlademir

It's a shame, Spore is such a great game especially once you get to the space stage.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By calf_exercises

yeah, people are stupid

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Rowr

I dont know. That DRM is pretty bullshit in my opinion, not to mention the one online account per game shit.

This is sending them a pretty clear message, I would have to imagine the whole amazon debacle has hurt them to an extent with the casual market. Not to mention the fact that pirating of the game is now skyrocketing.

I wouldnt worry much for the game though, i still think it will be a success in the long term.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By clarke0

They deserve it for implementing such a strict DRM scheme. It's worthless anyway because it was already hacked a week BEFORE the game was even released. EA really needs to realize that hardcore pirates are going to pirate games on PC no matter what and using such strict DRM only hurts legitimate users.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Rowr
clarke0 said:
"They deserve it for implementing such a strict DRM scheme. It's worthless anyway because it was already hacked a week BEFORE the game was even released. EA really needs to realize that hardcore pirates are going to pirate games on PC no matter what and using such strict DRM only hurts legitimate users."
Yep.

You want to incite piracy? 

Incorporate the strictest DRM you can. Hacked a week before launch.
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Colonel_Cool
clarke0 said:
"They deserve it for implementing such a strict DRM scheme. It's worthless anyway because it was already hacked a week BEFORE the game was even released. EA really needs to realize that hardcore pirates are going to pirate games on PC no matter what and using such strict DRM only hurts legitimate users."
I agree. This same DRM scheme is the same reason I haven't bought Mass Effect. EA needs to learn their lesson and know that the consumers don't want the retarded 3-time irrevocable activation system.