Submission moderation

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By elko84

Are submissions randomly given to mods?  Because I just uploaded something a few minutes ago and it got approved, yet I still have submissions about to reach the 24 hour mark that haven't been approved.  How does this system work?

SlayingShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SlayingShogun

they aim to get things approved in about 24 hours just be patient

Schizoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Schizoid
elko84 said:
"Are submissions randomly given to mods?  Because I just uploaded something a few minutes ago and it got approved, yet I still have submissions about to reach the 24 hour mark that haven't been approved.  How does this system work?"
They said they approve them in the order they get them, but it doesn't seem like they are doing this. It'll all get uploaded in the end though so I'm not worried.
SlimDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By SlimDogg

Kind of related to submissions. If i upload an image for say game box art for a game submission. Can I delete the image from my images without effecting the game page ? 

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shocker

Same thing happened to me.

Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Why_So_Serious

I am pretty sure its random because I have one that was accepted before my first submission so I don't think it is any certain order.

Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like them to clear up the whole submission thing.

Does anyone know when you get to 1000 you get automatic submission. And if you do will you be able to moderate others?

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By elko84

Yeah I'm sure there are a million submissions coming in.  I'm just wondering if they are handed out to different people and my submissions that have like 2 hours left are just sitting in some mod's inbox.  I'm sure they will all be uploaded at some point, but I'm starting to forget what all I've added on certain pages.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Its probably just a bug that an earlier one got approved more quickly than an old one. Its still in beta remember, they are still ironing out the problems. Leave a post in the bug list thread with a screenie too make sure they know that submissions are not getting approved in order.

khit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By khit

Does anyone know where I can look to see if my submissions have been accepted or denied without looking at every page I've submitted stuff to?

Giantkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Giantkitty

Not that I know for sure, but possibly they may moderate in order of ease (would you rather approve 10 small submissions or 1 big complicated one?) or maybe importance (should the GTA IV or Home Alone game be approved first?) Or maybe they do it by what interests them the most.

p4ddym1607:
>Does anyone know when you get to 1000 you get automatic submission. And if you do will you be able to moderate others?
No, those are two different things. If they wanted, they could give someone with 0 points moderator access

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By elko84
khit said:
"Does anyone know where I can look to see if my submissions have been accepted or denied without looking at every page I've submitted stuff to?"
Go to your profile page and under Pending Subs you will see if your submissions have been approved yet.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what... I have an idea, how about one person is assigned to every game. Every big game anyways. So one person could be the Killzone 2 submission moderator, another person could be the Fallout 3 moderator, etc.

Once we have people that are over 1000, they can hand pick us or something. One person for a maximum of 3 games, how about that?