Suggestion for making it easier to contact mods.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm unable to flag posts right now, and when that's the case, the site tells me so and gives me a link to the list of the mods on the site. How handy! However, you know what would make that page significantly more effect? The page should tell me which mods are actually online. It doesn't do me much good if I message a mod that's offline when it's an urgent situation. Also, messaging multiple people at once can be a major pain in the behind, and I've had problems with getting it to work in the past since when you type in a user's name, the search engine a lot of times will find the wrong person. For instance, try sending a message to all the GB staff members at once. I did a while back, and couldn't add a couple of them because while typing Jeff seems simple enough, the results would only show Jeff122 JeffyJEFFMAN or any other combination of the word Jeff except the one I wanted. Annoying!

Anyway, I'm rambling too much. Perhaps it'd be cool if you guys created some sort of notification system where all the mods could easily access it whenever we try to message them. You know, like the flag system, but a little more in-depth, and something that works a little more consistently than flagging. 

Oh, and I didn't know where to post this, so I just made it a blog to finish that quest. My bad. At least this doesn't qualify as quest spam, I don't think so anyway...

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I'm unable to flag posts right now, and when that's the case, the site tells me so and gives me a link to the list of the mods on the site. How handy! However, you know what would make that page significantly more effect? The page should tell me which mods are actually online. It doesn't do me much good if I message a mod that's offline when it's an urgent situation. Also, messaging multiple people at once can be a major pain in the behind, and I've had problems with getting it to work in the past since when you type in a user's name, the search engine a lot of times will find the wrong person. For instance, try sending a message to all the GB staff members at once. I did a while back, and couldn't add a couple of them because while typing Jeff seems simple enough, the results would only show Jeff122 JeffyJEFFMAN or any other combination of the word Jeff except the one I wanted. Annoying!

Anyway, I'm rambling too much. Perhaps it'd be cool if you guys created some sort of notification system where all the mods could easily access it whenever we try to message them. You know, like the flag system, but a little more in-depth, and something that works a little more consistently than flagging. 

Oh, and I didn't know where to post this, so I just made it a blog to finish that quest. My bad. At least this doesn't qualify as quest spam, I don't think so anyway...

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By beargirl1

whenever i contact a mod, i use the PM Blast on the site rules page. i get a response almost instantly. you should use that! 

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By JJWeatherman
@AjayRaz said:

" whenever i contact a mod, i use the PM Blast on the site rules page. i get a response almost instantly. you should use that!  "

Yep. PM Blast is your friend. 

PM Blast!
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

That sounds like exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. Umm... where is it? I don't see it. Does it allow me to easily message all the mods at once?

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The best way to contact us is to use the PM blast link in our site rules & FAQ's sticky. One click and you'll send a PM to every single moderator, and we can deal with it quickly and effectively.

Also, the issue with adding people with common names to PM's was solved when the search was changed. Now, exact matches show up first, so if you were to type "Jeff", it would show Jeff first, and then other people with Jeff in their names.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By beargirl1
@TheGreatGuero: here

look for "PM Blast!". it messages all mods.  

No Caption Provided
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By JJWeatherman
@TheGreatGuero said:
" That sounds like exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. Umm... where is it? I don't see it. Does it allow me to easily message all the mods at once? "
Link's in the Site Rules & FAQ thread.