• 55 results
dudeglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dudeglove

First off this isn't a veiled joke about masturbation. Secondly, I haven't lost my left arm, it's just in a sling for a while because I'm an idiot.

proof, kay?
proof, kay?

Third, my right arm is dandy (how else would I be posting this?) so masturbation is still totally a thing, but this isn't Off Topic so I'm not here to discuss my dark habits. The topic of accessibility options in games (color blind mode, No QTEs in Castlevania: LOS2 etc.) has cropped up a couple of times in recent bombcasts, so if you want a conversational jumping-off point, there you have it.

So my question to y'all is, what all is good out there in PC/Steam land for the One of Armed? Bear in mind the staple stable of almost all FPSes and RTSes is a no-go, and holding a controller akimbo is frowned upon by doctors and plus it just looks weird (meaning no platformers or Dark Souls, stuff like that). For the moment my limits are mostly point'n'click titles or turn-based affairs - basically nothing that requires multiple inputs or quick reactions (or both). So far I've been enjoying and kind of playing to death FTL (solar flares and ion storms are assholes) and Broken Age (ending was okay), and I'll probably finally break Papers Please in properly. I briefly considered getting the XCOM Enemy Within DLC but I fear I've had my fill of that game.

I'm kind of wondering if I'm missing out on anything, so any and all suggestions are welcome. Failing that I might just watch some Let's Plays or that Dynasty Warriors quicklook. Obligatory pointless youtube video follows.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Knytt and Knytt Stories. Simple but beautiful atmospheric platformers. Free too!

Btw, get well soon! Masturbation without having the other hand to scroll pages is less fun.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For one-hand gaming, the Wii is actually pretty decent, and turn-based games on emulator are good, as well. It sounds like you're already looking at some great titles like FTL and Broken Age. Might and Magic Clash of Heroes might be a good choice if you haven't already tried it. Civilization, as well. Unity of Command. The Deponia series. Sword of the Stars: The Pit. Might and Magic X. Banner Saga.

That's the best off the top of my head. Good luck with your recovery!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mike
dudeglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: whatever happened to that feature while posting topics wherein it would auto-search the forums for similar threads based on the content of your post?

Dimi3je

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dimi3je

Papers Please, there is a lot of RPG games (KOTOR, Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, maybe even Dragon Age Origins?), Shadowrun Returns, Year Walk, Endless Space, Proteus, Gone Home, The Stanley Parable, Machinarium, Kentucky Route Zero, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery, The Wolf Among Us, anyone of those Simulator games.

Get well soon!

AndrewW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Might be a little fast paced at times but I'm addicted to playing Cook, Serve, Delicious. Now out on iPad too if you have one.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dudeglove: I think Search has been busted for a while(even worse than before); so, as you said, there doesn't seem to be any search of past threads similar to your own.

What I use for the moment is googling "site:giantbomb.com whateverthreadisabout" and see what pops up.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Fappy Bird, Edge, Osmos, toki tori, Zen puzzle garden, chocolate castle, Luftrausers if you have a ps3 (it might be on pc), Eufloria, Pokemon (configure the 'gameboy' so the buttons are in reach). There used to be a gameboy called a "pokemon mini," which had an awesome pinball-ish game that you could play with a single finger!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dudeglove:

Instead of playing games with one hand, how about playing games with no hands instead?

Or instead of one hand, how about one finger?

Loading Video...

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

It's (point and click) adventure time!

phampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am having a good time with Hearthstone and it plays perfectly with just one hand.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 23

Maybe you can try out card games. Card Hunter, Hearthstone, and such.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

FTL rocks pretty hard

any of the telltale adventure games

papers please

cart life

pretty much any turn based game

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I and others with disease have foot pedals to make gaming easier. With a larger array of them I could play War Thunder with just the mouse-arm.

MonkeyKing1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gomo is a pretty delightful point-and-click adventure game. I really liked it. It's only about 90 minutes long, too, so it'd be perfect for something to play through in one sitting, or a game that won't keep your body in one position for too long so it won't get in the way of healing up your arm.

If you're into '50s America, 1954 Alcatraz isn't too bad but it's definitely something you won't care about unless you're into the genre.

Gemini Rue tells a cool sci-fi story.

Seeing a few mentions of Telltale games, but I wouldn't recommend them as there are spots your hand will have to be jumping between mouse and keyboard. They are great, though.

In the realm of not-point-and-click, The Banner Saga can probably be played with one hand and I enjoyed that a lot. Shadowrun Returns is also fantastic. I think the amazing Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery EP was designed for tablet and is pretty one-handed friendly, though that might be inaccurate.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Might and Magic X is entirely and easily playable with the mouse and so is Legend of Grimrock.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Almost anything turn based like ye olde classic TBS games will hook you up. Like you mentioned Xcom, there is Civ, the new Age of Wonders 3, any HoMM (5), etc

Tower defense can also be a thing, the non action type, Kingdom Rush is the shit, there is also Defense Grid Awakening.

Bait003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bait003

i would suggest any of the final fantasy games up to FF10, considering that most are turn based already or you can make them turn based by turning on a option or just selecting magic or item or etc that would pause the ATB while you think about what you would like to do. hope this helps and hope that your arm heals up fast and true!!

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tom_omb

If you're willing to invest some cash you could pick up a gaming mouse with short cut keys. They make games like Diablo and many MMOs playable with one hand. Other options are point and click adventure games, stylus based DS game or Hearthstone.

No Caption Provided

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 73

#23 fisk0  Moderator

I'd say many Westwood style RTS games would be viable, at least the singleplayer campaigns. Stuff like the Command & Conquer series, Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander can be played with the mouse only. They don't have all that unit ability nonsense and build menus that Blizzard's games, and games inspired by those do.

mekon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By mekon

Divekick!!!

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By frymillstrum

Well any mobile game needless to say. you could play a bunch of Kinect games probably but why would you do that? Could play a twin stick shooter if you have enough dexterity. Divekick is an obvious one. RPG's. Point and Click games. gone Home, Stanley Parable ect. But for my money I say Rotastic, fucking LOVE that game, 2 buttons.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprised no one said Bayonetta yet, since that was even an advertised feature. It has a specific one handed mode. Probably not originally intended for people with broken arms.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Super Mario 64... obviously.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Anybody make the Earthbound joke?

dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got really into Civ 5 again last week. That game is just so addicting and it really only requires 1 hand.

defe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Botanicula is a wonderful little point and click adventure game that you could play one-handed. There's a Quick Look if you want to check it out. http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-botanicula/2300-5910/

Alternatively, I'll always recommend World of Goo to people. It's a bit like bridge-building physics games, but with a more fanciful and biological twist to it. One of my all-time favorites, and all you need is the mouse.

Happy healing! Best of luck with that arm.

TechiesRobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By TechiesRobo

SimCity 4, Caesar 3 and starcraft 2 arcade has a bunch of games you can play one handed.

Donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty much any hard core western RPG (not action-rpgs) or strategy game on PC will be just fine with one hand. Though hot keys and action bars make these games more manageable, the UI is usually designed in such a way that you need nothing but a mouse to work through it.

kcin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By kcin

4X games! Civ 5, for example. If you're looking for something different (very different), try Frozen Synapse. Any game that uses a cursor interface is really within your reach, so to speak, so think broadly and you'll realize how many games that means for you.

BillyMaysRIP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

shozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lots of good iOS titles in the last few days. Hearthstone, Hitman Go, Monument Valley.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PimblyCharles
Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, i came in here to make a masturbation joke....

Now i'm just disappointed.

Uh, to contribute, anything turn based? Xcom maybe? the new expansion thing is pretty cool

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Weren't you dead once?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b531a34b946c
deactivated-5b531a34b946c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FTL! It's quite awesome. Just find some way to make a mouse button pause the game, and you're golden. Hearthstone would be my second pick.

To throw in a game that hasn't been mentioned: One Finger Death Punch. It might still be dead cheap on Desura. It is on Steam for like $5, though. Worth. Every. Penny.

Loading Video...

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Choke The Chicken. Gurk The Worm.

Cerberus3Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Papers Please is a good one handed game. You can use shortcuts with both hands but mainly it is all mouse action.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I saw a picture on Reddit once of someone with a broken arm and they had a keyboard sideways on their lap against their chest, so they could still use WASD to play games.

Not sure how much moving your fingers is bad for you, but you could always try that? Maybe Surgeon Simulator for irony's sake?

alanm26v5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything I thought of has been mentioned already except 10,000,000 and other similar puzzle-y games.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

Loading Video...

dudeglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FTL! It's quite awesome. Just find some way to make a mouse button pause the game, and you're golden. Hearthstone would be my second pick.

To throw in a game that hasn't been mentioned: One Finger Death Punch. It might still be dead cheap on Desura. It is on Steam for like $5, though. Worth. Every. Penny.

Loading Video...

I second this, great suggestions, one finger death punch is like the ultimate one handed gaming experience, it's fucking awesome, also can't go wrong with FTL

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 33

Aside from the obvious adventure game recommendations, puzzle games are a good route to go. If it's still available anywhere, Puzzle Agent was fantastic. Apart from that, Heroes of Might and Magic 3, Phoenix Point, Chimera Squad, and Civ V should all be immensely playable with just a mouse.

dudeglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, this is a heck of a necro. For those who want to know - my left shoulder is way better nowadays despite all the repeated dislocations. One Finger Death Punch 2 has come out in the time since this post was made, and it's just as good as the first game. In addition, Cultist Simulator is a very simple one-click at a time affair with the ability to pause too and is quite engrossing.