Super Mario All Stars Wii

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By Darth Paul

O.K. I've resigned myself to the fact that this game apparently sold out completely in most places the day it came out and that the booklet and CD that came with it aren't really worth the $30 price tag. So, I'll just go ahead and wait for a used copy to show up somewhere or hope that it becomes a vc download eventually. That said, I've noticed that E-Bay and Amazon have people selling copies anywhere from $60-$100! And, it looks as if people are actually buying it for that much! What is wrong with people?!?

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Darth Paul

O.K. I've resigned myself to the fact that this game apparently sold out completely in most places the day it came out and that the booklet and CD that came with it aren't really worth the $30 price tag. So, I'll just go ahead and wait for a used copy to show up somewhere or hope that it becomes a vc download eventually. That said, I've noticed that E-Bay and Amazon have people selling copies anywhere from $60-$100! And, it looks as if people are actually buying it for that much! What is wrong with people?!?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

People want it, so they'll pay good money for it. Is Action Comics #1 really worth a million dollars? Not really, but that's what people are willing to pay for it.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Emilio
@darth_paul:  
Yeah, I think most of us that got it understood that if we didn't get it now we would have to go through the internets to get a decent copy. 

I'm sure some one will trade one in to GameStop... they always do. I've seen Club Nintendo Game & Watch Collection games in the used bin for $20...
TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By TheHBK

I pulled out my SNES and put in my copy and played for 10 minutes.  I had enough.  Good thing I didn't spend 30 bucks on it.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By iam3green

crazy things that people will buy that are expensive. $30 for a game but people are going to buy it for $100. it is pretty crazy stuff man.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By august

It's a SNES rom on a DVD. It's not even the original games.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Emilio
@august said:
" It's a SNES rom on a DVD. It's not even the original games. "
That's right. It's Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES. Just like the box says...
zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By zidd
@darth_paul: Buy the originals from the virtual console and save yourself some cash.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#9  Edited By LordAndrew
@august said:
" It's a SNES rom on a DVD. It's not even the original games. "
You can get the originals through the Virtual Console already though.
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#10  Edited By Hailinel

People are willing to pay exorbitant prices for supposed rarities.  It's always been that way.

That said, I paid the $30 for Super Mario All-Stars and feel that I got my money's worth.  A game, a CD and a booklet seems like a fair trade.

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Darth Paul

True that they're already on vc, as the original 8-bit versions, but I kind of like the improved graphics. Well, here's to searching the bargain bins and half.com like always. LOL!