Super Smash Brothers 4 Part 47: Everybody Else

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

Edited By AgentJ
This is the end of my SSB4 blog series. for those who have read them all, I'm grateful for your perserverence! I'm going to continue this SSB4 stuff in some fashion, but I'm not sure what form it will take yet. 
For parts 1-46 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Altair
Altair
Synopsis: Altair is an assassin from the crusades, and the biological father of Desmond Miles, the main character of the Assassin's Creed series
Notable Appearances: Assassins Creed
SSB4 Likelyhood: less than 1/10
Alternate Costumes:
Ezio
Ezio

Crash
Crash
Synopsis: Crash was the Sony equivelent of Sonic and Mario, and for a while was a very popular 3D platforming star.
Notable Appearances: Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutant
SSB4 Likelyhood: 1/10

Spyro
Spyro
Synopsis: The worlds most popular purple dragon has a demeanor much like Sonic, and while Spyro has never been as popular as Segas mascot, many of his recent games have been of comparable quality
Notable Appearances: The Legend of Spyro, The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
SSB4 Likelyhood: 2/10

Cosmos Prince
Cosmos Prince
Synopsis: The Prince works for his father, the King of all Cosmos, by rolling objects together in order to create gigantic orbs of junk 
Notable Appearances: Katamari Damacy, Me and My Katamari, Beautiful Katamari

Gordon
Gordon
Synopsis: Gordon is the accidental hero of the Half Life series after discovering a dangerous plot by an unknown organization. He is aided by his friend Alyx Vance and his trusty crowbar.
Notable Appearances: Half Life, Half Life 2

Kratos
Kratos
Synopsis: After giving his life to the gods and being betrayed, Kratos vows to destroy Ares and Olympus with his Blades of Athena
Notable Appearances: God of War, God of War 2, God of War: Chains of Olympus

Joanna
Joanna
Synopsis: Joanna is an elite free agent spy out of Atlanta who has overcome a broken spine to become the best at what she does. 
Notable Appearances: Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero

Parappa
Parappa
Synopsis: Parappa learns how to overcome his problems by rapping solutions out. His ultimate goal is to impress a very special girl in his life
Notable Appearances: Parappa the Rapper, Parappa the Rapper 2

Klonoa
Klonoa
Synopsis: Nobody really knows what kind of creature Klonoa is supposed to be, but what is known is that this cat-rabbit thing has starred in some of the best sidescrolling platforming games in gamings history.
Notable Appearances: Klonoa: Door to Phantomville, Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, Namco X Capcom

Sly
Sly
Synopsis: Sly and his merry band of animal friends go about pillaging the rich. Okay, I've got nothing.
Notable Appearances: Sly Cooper and the Thevious Racoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AgentJ
This is the end of my SSB4 blog series. for those who have read them all, I'm grateful for your perserverence! I'm going to continue this SSB4 stuff in some fashion, but I'm not sure what form it will take yet. 
For parts 1-46 click here
The Video Game culture has quite a number of icons, and while Nintendo has created quite a number of them, they certainly dont have a monopoly on awesome characters. as such, it is my distinct pleasure to create a list of third party presence in Super Smash Brothers unlike anything we have seen in the series prior. Every weekday I'll bring you a blog on the third party characters that deserve a place in Nintendos next Civil War. I am completely open to suggestions, and if you feel a deserving character has been left out, tell me why they should make it and I'll potentially make some changes. 

Rules:
  • No more than four characters per franchise
  • Characters will be known for their video game presence over all other multimedia endeavors
  • Characters must be important and in almost all cases have a distinct personality

Altair
Altair
Synopsis: Altair is an assassin from the crusades, and the biological father of Desmond Miles, the main character of the Assassin's Creed series
Notable Appearances: Assassins Creed
Alternate Costumes:
Ezio
Ezio

Crash
Crash
Synopsis: Crash was the Sony equivelent of Sonic and Mario, and for a while was a very popular 3D platforming star.
Notable Appearances: Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Crash Bandicoot: Mind over Mutant

Spyro
Spyro
Synopsis: The worlds most popular purple dragon has a demeanor much like Sonic, and while Spyro has never been as popular as Segas mascot, many of his recent games have been of comparable quality
Notable Appearances: The Legend of Spyro, The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night

Cosmos Prince
Cosmos Prince
Synopsis: The Prince works for his father, the King of all Cosmos, by rolling objects together in order to create gigantic orbs of junk 
Notable Appearances: Katamari Damacy, Me and My Katamari, Beautiful Katamari

Gordon
Gordon
Synopsis: Gordon is the accidental hero of the Half Life series after discovering a dangerous plot by an unknown organization. He is aided by his friend Alyx Vance and his trusty crowbar.
Notable Appearances: Half Life, Half Life 2

Kratos
Kratos
Synopsis: After giving his life to the gods and being betrayed, Kratos vows to destroy Ares and Olympus with his Blades of Athena
Notable Appearances: God of War, God of War 2, God of War: Chains of Olympus

Joanna
Joanna
Synopsis: Joanna is an elite free agent spy out of Atlanta who has overcome a broken spine to become the best at what she does. 
Notable Appearances: Perfect Dark, Perfect Dark Zero

Parappa
Parappa
Synopsis: Parappa learns how to overcome his problems by rapping solutions out. His ultimate goal is to impress a very special girl in his life
Notable Appearances: Parappa the Rapper, Parappa the Rapper 2

Klonoa
Klonoa
Synopsis: Nobody really knows what kind of creature Klonoa is supposed to be, but what is known is that this cat-rabbit thing has starred in some of the best sidescrolling platforming games in gamings history.
Notable Appearances: Klonoa: Door to Phantomville, Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, Namco X Capcom

Sly
Sly
Synopsis: Sly and his merry band of animal friends go about pillaging the rich. Okay, I've got nothing.
Notable Appearances: Sly Cooper and the Thevious Racoonus, Sly 2: Band of Thieves, Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

"Everybody else?" A bit weird, given all the other entries for series that would perfectly fall under this :P. And speaking of Crash Bandicoot DOT DOT DOT...

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgentJ
Video_Game_King said:
"Everybody else?" A bit weird, given all the other entries for series that would perfectly fall under this :P. And ... [more]
I guess i dont quite understand what you mean.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By End_Boss

Altair is deeefinitely not the biological father of Desmond. Since, y'know... CRUSADES.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Video_Game_King
AgentJ said:
Video_Game_King said: "Everybody else?" A bit weird, given all the other entries for series that would perfectly fall under this ... [more]
Come on, how did TWEWY warrant its own entry, but not series with multiple entries? And the latter part was referring to my own blog.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AgentJ
End_Boss said:
Altair is deeefinitely not the biological father of Desmond. Since, y'know... CRUSADES.
Biological father as in Desmonds genes come from altair. It wasnt meant that Altair was playing catch in the back yard with Desmond
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By AgentJ
Video_Game_King said:
AgentJ said: Video_Game_King said: "Everybody else?" A bit weird, given all the other entries for series that would perfectly fall ... [more]
Because I like TWEWY better : ). No, it has to do with the relevence to Nintendo consoles (Twewy was only on Nintendo) and the likelyhood of an appearance (Neku or Gordon Freeman? Which one is more likely to happen?)
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By RedSox8933

Altaïr seems like too much of a stealth fighter to be in a fighting game. But dude, I am totally up for Prince of all Cosmos being in SB.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Game_King
AgentJ said:
Video_Game_King said: AgentJ said: Video_Game_King said: "Everybody else?" A bit weird, given all the other entries for series that would ... [more]
The answer is "neither."
Bob_Toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Bob_Toeback

hmm, good idea, I think Altair would be my pick, but what I really want is a game like SSB, only first person/third person depending on the charector you choose, in an ultimate deathmatch type thing, I think it would be great but maybe not lol.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AgentJ
RedSox8933 said:
Altaïr seems like too much of a stealth fighter to be in a fighting game. But dude, I am totally ... [more]
Too much of a stealth fighter. So like Snake right : )
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RedSox8933
AgentJ said:
RedSox8933 said: Altaïr seems like too much of a stealth fighter to be in a fighting game. But dude, I ... [more]
I guess I forgot about Snake, but he has technology to advantage, right?
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King
RedSox8933 said:
AgentJ said: RedSox8933 said: Altaïr seems like too much of a stealth fighter to be in a fighting game. But ... [more]
And Altair has knives. And a future self-thing-person.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentJ

Yeah, but I would still enjoy seeing him in the game. Note that i gave him a "less than 1/10" chance

RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RedSox8933
AgentJ said:
Yeah, but I would still enjoy seeing him in the game. Note that i gave him a "less than 1/10" ... [more]
Don't get me wrong. I would love to see him in this game. I would love to see most of the people that you have put on your lists in this game.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By Tireyo

Klonoa would be interesting to see.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AgentJ
Tireyo643 said:
Klonoa would be interesting to see.
Did I not include Klonoa? Crap, give me a minute
teptom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By teptom

I believe you didn't mention Sly Cooper anywhere on these. He'd be a good fit.

Also, the thought of Gordan Freeman hitting Donkey Kong in the face with a crowbar is pretty nice.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#19  Edited By LordAndrew

Klonoa could totally beat up Gordon Freeman. I'm just saying. :P

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By mracoon

Klonoa would be cool and would fit in quite well, the others... not so much.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AgentJ
Catastro said:
I believe you didn't mention Sly Cooper anywhere on these. He'd be a good fit.Also, the thought of Gordan Freeman ... [more]
Ah, Sly Cooper. Consider him added! (though obviously with a less than 1 chance)
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By BoG

The only one of those character whose appearance wouldn't make me vomit is The Prince, who would be awesomely awesome. Never happening, though.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AgentJ
BoG said:
The only one of those character whose appearance wouldn't make me vomit is The Prince, who would be awesomely awesome. ... [more]
No Spyro? No Parappa? No Sly? Your heart is dead good sir
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By BoG
AgentJ said:
BoG said: The only one of those character whose appearance wouldn't make me vomit is The Prince, who would be ... [more]
I loved the Spyro games, but in my little world he just doesn't...
fit. Altair and Kratos are just straight up no. As for Sly Cooper, I didn't notice him, because there is no picture..
Bob_Toeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bob_Toeback
BoG said:
AgentJ said: BoG said: The only one of those character whose appearance wouldn't make me vomit is The Prince, who ... [more]
Why Not Altair? he's pretty much the same as Link, only better in every way..
DaviDxBlazE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DaviDxBlazE

hey i'm new on this website and i just want to put my idea for a new fighter on the next super smash bros. game. 

i think niko bellic from gta4 would make a great fighter in super smash bros. becaus hes a cool character,he shoots guns like a pro,and he would be a new type of character for people to play as. 

plus niko is hard core and would be a good match up with anyone.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AgentJ
@DaviDxBlazE: Well, first of all, I don't see real guns ever playing a major role in Super Smash Brothers, no matter how many Snakes and Master Chiefs I place in this list. If Niko was in the game, he'd most likely be lobbing cocktails, swinging baseball bats, and pulling out the odd grenade launcher.  That said, if done right, I wouldn't object to his presence.
Avatar image for assasinsniperflash
AssasinSniperFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1