• 111 results
ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By ThePickle

Cool Baby fell into a bad crowd. He let it slip to his scummy friends that his dad was having some friends over to record some stuff and had some fancy equipment.

Goddamnit Cool Baby. This is the worst episode of Giant Bomb ever.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By beforet

Bomb crew, you guys are golden! Don't let this crap get you down, all right? Just focus on making E3 your biotch!

Eviternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nothing stops Giant Bomb.

This website is much more than editors, technicians and engineers

It's more than Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, Patrick, Drew, Alex, Rorie and Alexis (and Dave!)

It is a place for duders the world over

We may bicker and rant, but we also share some fantastic moments together

There is a future in which Roscoe rampages,

Where purses are dropped and Law of the West is loaded

We eagerly await the hot scoops, the spooks and the poop jokes

The pre-flight checklist for an ejection mid-flight

Tangoes go down in Sector One-Alpha and whilst defending the Ancients

It must be true; local resident Bryan Davis told me so.

Nothing stops Giant Bomb.

a fork

CoconutBandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CoconutBandit

I hope Ryan finds the people who stole the equipment and shakes them to death. : <

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Niceanims

Before finding Giant Bomb, I didn't follow any games journalism. Even still, I only follow GB. You guys are smart, funny, and I feel like I understand your opinions and tastes to the point that I can determine whether I'll enjoy a game or not based entirely on what you've said about it. I've learned more about the history and inner workings of video games in the 3 years I've been following you than I could have imagined. At this point, I don't need any other games journos, you guys cover all the bases.

Keep on keepin' on

sdharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By sdharrison

I imagine that CBS backing is coming in handy right now. The worst case scenario happened, so it's all gravy from here. My body remains ready.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I love you Giant Bomb! You are the only game website that I've been really dedicated to.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By EquitasInvictus
Asator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Asator

Show or no show, I still love the Giant Bomb guys.

I hope everything works out, good luck!

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

I fucking hate thieves. Scum of the earth. :/

amardilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#61  Edited By amardilo

Best of luck guys.

Hope it all gets sorted and you can get back to being awesome on some video stream soon!

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Also, even though people have said this already, keep an eye on Craigslist.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My love for Giant Bomb knows no boundaries, no restrictions, no DRM. That's all I can give to you, right now. It's no 100 bucks, but it's something.

Keep on trucking GB!

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Half expected there to be some sort of link to a donation page just to scam the clueless out of a little money.
Glad to see I was wrong though, sure.

chaoserx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By chaoserx

You are the best guys, nothing can stop Giant Bomb!

E3 is much more fun with you guys around!

moonwalksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By moonwalksa

For those that didn't catch it, here is Jeff's recap video on the day's events. Nothing fancy, but still interesting to hear him go over all of it.

Assirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For those that didn't catch it, here is Jeff's recap video on the day's events. Nothing fancy, but still interesting to hear him go over all of it.

it saids the broadcast is no longer online :(

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

They don't need a donation page but this could really make them look bad. They are owned by a huge corporation, which offered them the use of their big live stage but they wanted to go off do their own thing and now they lost a bunch of company property. That looks pretty shitty looking at it from a higher up's point of view.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joshwent said:

At least they're owned by CBS now. The multimedia giant probably has some spare cameras they can use.

No raw reaction is of course a bummer, but hilarious tweets from Jeff, Ryan, and Alex all day was still some great content. Thanks!

Alex in particular was in top form today. Even the Sony Press conference couldn't fully contain that trademark snark.

moonwalksa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assirra said:
@moonwalksa said:

Strange, clicking that link is still working fine for me. Maybe try getting to it from their past broadcasts list? Or maybe you need to be logged in to twitch first, for whatever weird reason?

Assirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Assirra

@assirra said:
@moonwalksa said:

Strange, clicking that link is still working fine for me. Maybe try getting to it from their past broadcasts list? Or maybe you need to be logged in to twitch first, for whatever weird reason?

aha cheers, logging seems to have make it work.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This is the only website in the world to which I voluntarily give money to.

Avatar image for shawnyofthedead
shawnyofthedead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope they roast the nefarious thieves. Good luck guys.

TheMathlete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

If I lived in LA, Id be prowling the streets looking for those bastards.

I'm right there with you, buddy.

cblanknz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its a bummer for you guys but we got your back!

PrimalHorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Duders never fear we come for you guys more than games. I'll be watching Craigs list for you . Know that your Legion is many and tell Sony they might give you a free vita now they are playing heroes of the day . Keep bombing Duders

FlipperDesert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By FlipperDesert

This sucks, I was looking forward to waking up to the GB stream. :/

The silver lining is that someone stupid enough to steal specialized equipment is probably going to get caught.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Luchadeer knows the scent of every piece of gear...sickem boy!

TheUnsavedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys, I might be nuts. I think CBSi is trying to sabotage Giant Bomb. At E3 2012, they give them a studio space that was clearly not meant for human beings to live in without a bulk of Hazmat suits and a hospital size supply of industrial disinfectant. Now they get their equipment stolen in an actual studio provided by CBS. Damn you, Bastards! Damn you to HELL!!!!

In all seriousness though, I feel so bad. :-( At least they took it in stride and are still trucking. :-D

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Things could be worse. Giant Bomb has my support as always. Keep on bombing bombers.

Loading Video...

Bismarck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

7000 mixlr hearts for the guys

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was only gear. Insurance will cover it. Whatever you guys manage to put out, however rough, we would love to see it. Some of your best work was done ghetto style on a shoestring budget.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is fucking bullshit, but it's great to hear the guys are okay and I'm excited to hear their thoughts on the conferences regardless of audio quality.

I'm also looking forward to the details on this, if they come out. Didn't they say there was someone on site that manages the building? Was the GB crew staying at the studio or did they have hotel rooms?

Daneian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 19

I love you guys.

smackifilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a bunch of horse crap. That sucks so bad. I hope the right people are brought to swift justice for denying me a night of e3 bombcast.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

My real hope is that now that they're working for CBSi, their equipment was insured. If not, I have to imagine CBSi is a big enough company to manage an equipment loss to the limited extent that it sounds like this was without much issue. Back in the WM days though, this would've been an absolute killer, the cost on this stuff would've really hit a small independent company like that hard. I'd be pretty curious as to how it all happened, but it seems pretty unlikely that they would be able to, or even want to, divulge those details to us. Hopefully they can get some equipment rented so they can still do their shows this week, but obviously it's understandable if there are fewer or none at all. I think I'll pay for another year of premium early this year as a thanks for the work the guys do.

RustySanderke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Insurance and/or CBS may cover the costs of stolen goods, but the real damage is not being able to produce content during the period of highest traffic.

@eloj said:

Wasn't there supposed to be "night guard" at location, someone they had to pay to hang around?

Yeah, I recall them talking about not getting a key because there was always going to be someone there. #E3mysteries

MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@joshwent said:

At least they're owned by CBS now. The multimedia giant probably has some spare cameras they can use.

No raw reaction is of course a bummer, but hilarious tweets from Jeff, Ryan, and Alex all day was still some great content. Thanks!

Dude. If they were still Whiskey Media....that would have been a DISASTER. That kind of financial hit could easily killed Giant Bomb without backing from CBS.

No it wouldn't. They still have insurance

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By SexyToad

Cool Baby fell into a bad crowd. He let it slip to his scummy friends that his dad was having some friends over to record some stuff and had some fancy equipment.

Goddamnit Cool Baby. This is the worst episode of Giant Bomb ever.

And I thought he was actually a cool baby. :'(

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By JoeyRavn

They may have lost the equipment... but they'll always have our hearts! :D

No, seriously, it's a bummer. Dozens of hours of preparation (and moneys) lost. But Jeff, Ryan, Brad, Vinny, Patrick, Drew and Alex know that they have the whole Giant Bomb community supporting them. For me, and I assume that for many people out there, video games are just an excuse. We come here for the Bomb duders.

jaygittings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't post much but just wanted to chime in and give you guys a pat on the back! Your fans will be here as you roll with the punches. Keep your heads up.

Thompson820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible news but whatever happens we love you guys. Like others have said, I hope you can still go enjoy E3, we'll be here regardless of whether you can stream every night.

Sploder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Sploder

This sucks, good luck guys. Hope everything goes alright.

Dingofighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Going from the high point of Sony's conference to hearing about GB's stuff being stolen was a really terrible way to start the day, especially after being up all night watching conferences.
Hope everything works out for the guys and they still get to enjoy E3 despite this terrible start.

Also, is this the right place to start thinking up ridiculous conspiracy theories about all this? Think about it, they had a guard there but their stuff still got stolen, it has to have been an inside job and they were all in on it. Vinny even said it would happen. Now, why would they do this? Because this will give them an excuse to be closer to the Gamespot guys since CBSi is worried about GB losing their equipment again if they are off doing their own amazing thing in crazy great houses and hotels, which will blur the lines between GB and Gamespot even more, and later pave the way for the merging of GB into Gamepot. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

No seriously, this all sucks so lets just do what we can and wish the guys a happy E3, and a happy easter to the Xbox.

danlongman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thoughts with the Giant Bomb crew. People suck.

I really appreciate all the coverage you guys give us.

brandino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would buy a year but i am having a little financial problem right now but keep up the good, you guys are amazing! I hope the cops find whoever was involved and you guys get your equipment back.

It's a shitty thing to have your stuff stolen. Keep your eye on local craigslist/pawn shops if you have the time. A lot of people who steal this kind of equipment always try to off-load it ASAP and it usually ends up in a pawn shop (because most pawn shops don't give a shit if it's stolen property or not) the even dumber criminals will try craigslist but it does happen. I'm the cops are looking into pawn shops etc.

JamesJeux007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

I love you guys ! You are the best ! Do what you have to do and don't worry about us. We'll wait for you ;')

moondogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Remember the end of Ocean's 11 when Garcia figures out he's been ripped off? This is how I envision Vinnie's face last night. THIS CAPER WILL NOT STAND. (Well, technically, it's just the heist part of the caper).

Giant Bomb is the greatest and I will donate money to get you more equipment.

AngriGhandi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By AngriGhandi

Our support for Giant Bomb is stalwart and unflappable!

Even in the face of shitty crime!!

Loading Video...

SHAKE THE CRIME STICK

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By HerbieBug

Warm squeezy hugs to all of Giant Bomb staff. It'll be okay. ♥

No Caption Provided