Team Killing / Griefing

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mano521

Now I am very curious about something.  I would like to know what the community here feels about teamkilling for fun. 
The way i go about things is thus. i usually play the game all the way through, and either go as far as i want to in the game (getting 4th prestige in COD4) or maxing out in level (top level in bad company)   orr just doing everything available in the game (all campaigns on l4d and l4d2)  
After i finish with a game, i usually just go on to a new one. but in the cases of the above mentioned games, i found that it was extremely fun to just, piss people off. i think some people reading this might enjoy some of these stories. 
BAD COMPANY 
Pretty simple in this game. just straight up shoot your teammates whenever. i usually went as a sniper, asked a team mate a trivia question, and if he was wrong. i would pick him off. either that, or just C4 every vehicle and wait. both got very good results 
COD4 
sometimes i would do the same trivia game in here. but most of the time i just go with the tried and true rpg at the beginning of the round 
L4D 
Here is where i got creative. L4d was mostly griefing for me and my buddies. I know Breadfan will not enjoy me dragging him into this, but me and him were (we think) the cause of a major patch in l4d.   we would jump ahead and as zombies, whack dumpsters and other large objects in front of opening so that it was impossible for the survivors to complete missions. after about 2 weeks of us doing this, a patch came out fixing the glitch.   as survivors, we would stay in the safe room in cover with m16s and wait. one game, we did this for about an hour or two straight before we decided we should return to the lobby 

Now i want to make it clear that i normally do not teamkill. And if i get teamkilled, i usually laugh it off.  

Normally, when i teamkill, i rate how good i did on the number of angry messages i get that day or the following few days 

now i just want to know what the GB community thinks of me and my ways. And i would like to know any funny exploits you may have.  
dont hate me too much

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By sjschmidt93

I've gotten into friendly fire fights with people before. I once killed a sniper that was 0-10 with -500 points (before I started killing him) multiple times just for the hell of it.

TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheGodPoet

I don't really care about teamkilling at all really. 

But..... 

In your COD4 example when someone does that it always pisses me off. I mean I'm always pissed when it happens while I'm playing Search and Destroy. Any other game mode I would just laugh it off but in Search and Destroy it pisses me off.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mano521
@SJSchmidt93:  
yes normally when i tk, i either go for the tough guy, the little annoying kid, the guy who is clearly teamkilling, or the guy who is in the lead. 
those are the people you get the most enjoyment out of haha
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mano521
@Sincillian:  
i know what you mean. sufficed to say, if i ever do decide to tk in that manner, it is usually on S&D.  it brings in more messages than any other. but i hardly ever do that anyways. i prefer more creative methods. which is why i love bad company 
TheGodPoet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheGodPoet
@mano521:  

There really aren't too many creative ways to kill people in COD.
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By FireBurger

I basically hate people like you. You're not enjoying the game anymore, that's your problem. Don't get your kicks at someone else's expense.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mano521
@Sincillian:  
that is true. which is why i like hiding in a spot in tdm with a sniper, and when i notice a teammate of mine also sniping, i ask him a question. wrong answer, headshot. right answer, i move on 

it keeps things interesting hahaha
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mano521
@FireBurger:  
im not "not enjoying" the game anymore. im finding new ways to do it.   think about it. you either enjoy the game at the other teams expense, or you enjoy the game at your teams expense.  either way, people are gonna get angry
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Megalon

I've been known to sniper-push people around the map or off a cliff in TFC from time to time.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Andorski

On Battlefield 1943, where two of the three maps have teams starting out on aircraft carriers and people all wait for airplane spawns rather than going on the damn boats, I would usually take out my grenade launcher, blow up one of the planes, and then take the other plane and just sit in it.  People would start yelling on the mic, but I would just tell them that they can go take out the boats instead.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mano521
@Andorski:  haha ive never thought of doing that. in that game what i would do is drive a tank in front of the two planes. then sit in one when one of the drivers gets out to blow up the tank
Tuggah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Tuggah

The best in L4D is to just run ahead, and try to trigger the horde while your team is left behind.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mano521
@Tuggah:  wouldnt the horde just come after you? unless you shoot a car. thats a good way to get things intense haha
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By iam3green

i don't have any good stories. i just team kill my friends sometimes. i would kill my friend and he would be like don't shoot me. he would kill me. 

something else when a game in cod 4 or modern warfare 2 when the game starts start throwing flashes.

wh1terav3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By wh1terav3n
@mano521: I really hate people who have a laugh at others' expense. And saying it's your team or the other team will get mad, is a ridiculous answer. The other team will only get mad if you cheat. If you want to break the game at others' expense I would do everything in my power to have you banned from whatever respective network you use. Period.
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mano521
@wh1terav3n: not true. not true at all.   although i know what you are trying to say. there are always people who get pissed at people on the other team for killing them in completely legitimate ways. just as there are people who get mad at people teamkilling them.        i have never cheated or hacked in any game, so i dont really know what you are talking about by saying "break the game" 

i do respect your point of view however
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I can't wait to add you all to my ban list so I never have to put up with this bullshit.  I don't think it's funny. It doesn't make me mad.  It's just bothersome for that one time while I go add you to my ban list. 

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By breadfan

Ah yes, the dumpster glitch incident with that little kid on the other team. That was very fun. 

Personally I am indifferent towards team killing. Sure it sucks to be killed, but it is fun to do the killing. Most of the time people are friendly about it, knowing that you're just doing it for a laugh and eventually it just ends. However when it comes to the screamers, they are fun to mess with. 

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mano521
@Lind_L_Taylor:  
not exactly sure what a ban list is. but i understand. if you cant take it, there is an avoid player button you can run to
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@mano521 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor:  not exactly sure what a ban list is. but i understand. if you cant take it, there is an avoid player button you can run to "
Avoid player/ban..whatever it takes, Manos.   Perhaps if enough people ban you they will kick you off XBL.  That would be...funny.
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By mano521
@Lind_L_Taylor:    i have indeed been kicked off.   
its a shame it was only for a day.  but i did find it funny that even microsoft realized that a teamkilling spree lasting  2 weeks is only worth a 1 day suspension. i think that shows that they have a sense of humor about these things haha.    i guess some people just dont
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@mano521 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor:    i have indeed been kicked off.   its a shame it was only for a day.  but i did find it funny that even microsoft realized that a teamkilling spree lasting  2 weeks is only worth a 1 day suspension. i think that shows that they have a sense of humor about these things haha.    i guess some people just dont "
Why do you gotta be so proud of being a little shit?  Are you a child living in an orphanage?
stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By stephengotlost

Find more creative ways to grief. Team-killing is just plain dumb.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By mano521
@Lind_L_Taylor:  
i dunno what prompted you to call me a little shit. seems like you lost your cool a little bit there.   i guess that would come naturally to you seeing as how you are one of the few people who would lose their cool over some teamkilling.  

but whatever.  
and as for the child in the orphanage comment.   im sure you will realize how dumb that was by yourself
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mano521
@stephengotlost: dumb fun is just as fun as any other type. i usually switch things up.
Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahh. The glory days of team killing in BF2. C4ing vehicles, sniping teammates. The game was just fun.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@mano521 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor:  i dunno what prompted you to call me a little shit. seems like you lost your cool a little bit there.   i guess that would come naturally to you seeing as how you are one of the few people who would lose their cool over some teamkilling.   but whatever.  and as for the child in the orphanage comment.   im sure you will realize how dumb that was by yourself "
Not really. It seems you have mental or sexual abuse issues since you like aggravating people for fun (2 weeks!).  I guess your head was dunked too many times in the toilet Freshmen year..
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mano521
@Lind_L_Taylor:   yes more baseless insults from you.  its a shame. you really cant find anything wrong with what you know about me. so you clearly just have to make things up.    you know that is usually considered a sign of very weak intelligence   hahaha
mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mikeeegeee

It really  pisses me off when people in Halo will take your shields down if you take a gun or do something they didn't want you to do. This only sets you up to be killed by the other team and it frustrates the shit out of me.

Though, I understand where you're coming from. So I'm on the fence about you, sir.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By breadfan
@SuperSecretAgenda said:
Ahh. The glory days of team killing in BF2. C4ing vehicles, sniping teammates. The game was just fun.
Oh yes it was. I remember one time some guy was raging because I didn't revive him in time. So I crashed a plane into him.
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mano521
@mikeeegeee:   i just want to let you know that i dont normally do it. i wont say sorry when i do though.    dont think too badly of me  :)
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By pwnasaurus
@mano521:
i think your a douchebag
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By mano521
@pwnasaurus: whaaaaaaatever   haha    you arent the only one
Dirty_Harry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dirty_Harry

Well, me and my friends do it a little bit at lan party's but never alone.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By Demyx

I don't often play online games, but I think its hilarious personally. The more creative the better. It is just a game...

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
@mano521 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor:   yes more baseless insults from you.  its a shame. you really cant find anything wrong with what you know about me. so you clearly just have to make things up.    you know that is usually considered a sign of very weak intelligence   hahaha "
Live long & prosper.  

(translation: fuck you!)
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By mano521
@Lind_L_Taylor:  good one loser
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By breadfan
@Lind_L_Taylor said:
" @mano521 said:
" @Lind_L_Taylor:   yes more baseless insults from you.  its a shame. you really cant find anything wrong with what you know about me. so you clearly just have to make things up.    you know that is usually considered a sign of very weak intelligence   hahaha "
Live long & prosper.     (translation: fuck you!) "
Dude needs to chill. Getting this pissy over something as insignificant as getting team killed isn't really a huge deal... 
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MrKlorox

Games are more fun when you grief the enemy.

In Bad Company I prefer the knife and recon probe coupled with an ammo box nearby. I've gotten so many negative reviews because of it.

But really griefing is malice, which is the trait of a bad person.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mano521
@MrKlorox: lol nice.   that reminds me of MW2 actually. i used propipes  (noobtubes) with danger close and one man army.    effectively having an infinite grenade launching class.  got about 4 angry messages after a game. haha
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#42  Edited By Akeldama
@FireBurger said:
" I basically hate people like you. You're not enjoying the game anymore, that's your problem. Don't get your kicks at someone else's expense. "
this
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By mano521
@Akeldama: "  im not "not enjoying" the game anymore. im finding new ways to do it.   think about it. you either enjoy the game at the other teams expense, or you enjoy the game at your teams expense.  either way, people are gonna get angry" 
this

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Akeldama
@mano521 said:
" @Akeldama: "  im not "not enjoying" the game anymore. im finding new ways to do it.   think about it. you either enjoy the game at the other teams expense, or you enjoy the game at your teams expense.  either way, people are gonna get angry" 
this

"
when you are finding new ways to enjoy a game while being a detriment to the other players, you are being a dick. Dont be a dick. Just buy another game.
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mano521
@Akeldama: yes but the fact is you are being a detriment to the other team if you play the way you think i should. soo your argument is invalid
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Akeldama
@mano521 said:
" @Akeldama: yes but the fact is you are being a detriment to the other team if you play the way you think i should. soo your argument is invalid "
i really hope you are being sarcastic or just trying to spite me. If you honestly believe this, I think you need to find a new entertainment medium.
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mano521
@Akeldama: im dead serious.  if that is your argument, nobody should play any games for the risk of pissing off the other team. if you cant see that flaw, then i feel sorry for you
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By FireBurger
@mano521 said:

" @Akeldama: "  im not "not enjoying" the game anymore. im finding new ways to do it.   think about it. you either enjoy the game at the other teams expense, or you enjoy the game at your teams expense.  either way, people are gonna get angry" 
this

"

Except when it's at the other team's expense, that's the way the game is meant to be played and it is fair. When you're teamkilling your own team members, they are completely defenseless and unprepared, and often, the only way they can defend themselves is to TK back, which hurts their own score or gets them kicked. Don't try and feed me your bullshit excuses.

To be fair, I have rarely TKed people before, as it is sometimes funny. However, somebody who does it on a regular basis, thinks of it as "art," or in any way thinks it is not being a straight up dick can fuck off.
mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mano521
@FireBurger:  so just because you wouldnt do it means that everybody else should follow your way of thinking.  if the game is meant to be played with no teamkilling, there should be no point in adding it in. the state of the person you kill does not effect the morality of killing them. for christs sake its a game. if people really care that much, about a game, then i feel they deserve a shock such as getting teamkilled.    the people who get teamkilled and laugh it off are the ones i respect. the people who over react are the ones i continue to kill.   simple as that