Tell me all about the Xbox (One & Series x) games I have missed!

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So, found myself suddenly owning an Xbox Series X. I haven’t had an Xbox since the 360 so I have been a little bit out of the loop in regards to Xbox. Been mainly playing on (and paying attention to) PS4 and Switch. So, what have I missed? What’s your favorite exclusives (or ”best experienced on”) for Xbox?

Super bonus points if your suggestion is on Game Pass!

Ps. Any genre, indie or AAA.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

• Forza Horizon 4 or 5
  • Psychonauts 2

I'm mostly playing on Xbox (with a little bit of Switch), but those two are the only two I can think of which are exclusive to Xbox -- everything else I've recently played on Xbox has also come out on other platforms.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have not played Sunset Overdrive then you should play Sunset Overdrive. That game is a blast.

Quantum Break is underrated. Don't play it like a cover shooter, play it like a Vanguard in Mass Effect, constantly getting up into people's faces and using powers. It's a lot of fun. The TV show part isn't great though.

The Ori games are fantastic but they came out on Switch too so I don't know if you played them.

Halo and Gears are always there and though Halo 5 didn't have the best campaign they're both pretty solid. The Master Chief Collection actually works now, which is a plus.

There are a bunch of Gamepass games that will not be Xbox Exclusives forever but are great. Sable is worth it as a chill game. Tunic is a cool throwback. There are really too many to name. Monster Train did come to Switch but it is probably my favorite small Xbox Gamepass game.

Deep Rock Galactic, Sea of Thieves, the State of Decay games are all of potential interest.

Killer Instinct is actually a really cool fighting game with a ton of content.

There are more, of course, but those are the biggest highlights to me. And they are all, as far as I know, on Game Pass, which has all the Microsoft first party games.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

• Sunset Overdrive
  • Forza Horizon 5
  • Halo 5/Infinite
  • Gears 5
  • Ori games (if you don't have a switch or PC)
  • Sea of Thieves

Aaaannd that's about it? I can't really think of many exclusive games on their system that are worth it. It's been a problem for a while and it's still persisting today. 2023 should be the breakout year for Xbox.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't own an XBox, but have played a lot of Killer Instinct and Forza Horizon on PC. Both are excellent.

brian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Fights in Tight Spaces is rad if you're into those tough roguelike card games.

Skiddie77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently got my first Xbox as well + gamepass. Played through Gears 1-5, they are all great games.

Pezen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsocrates: Oh! Totally forgot about Quantum Break, I remember being bummed it was Xbox exclusive back when I just didn’t feel like getting an Xbox One for a number of reasons. Always loved Remedy’s work (and still do with Control) so that game is a definite go. Hell, I liked the combat in Alan Wake so I’m one of those weirdos. Spunds like it will be right up my alley and played about an hour so far and already digging it. And my partner has been pestering me about playing Ori, since they are now on the second one on Switch and really thinks I should play them.

By the way, is Sea of Thives worth the time beyond checking it our if you’re running solo?

Thank you for all the suggestions, they are much appreciated! I’ve added all of them to my list of things to try.

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If you have enjoyed any of the Life is Strange series, Dontnod did an Xbox/PC exclusive called "Tell Me Why". My partner and i are about 1/2 through it on PC and are enjoying it.

beggary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This might sound like I'm being hyperbolic, but the last two Forza Horizon games are the best Lots of Stuff on the Map open-world games ever, even if they are driving games. If you want to listen to a podcast or some of your own tunes (their libraries are not great) and check things off lists, it doesn't get much better.

tp0p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crackdown 3 = fun sandbox

Fleckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Fleckle

Ynglet is chill. The Xbox has a demo for it.

Trying to find demos on the Xbox is not chill.