Telltale POKEMON Game?

MoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MoveR

Who else will like to see a Telltale Pokemon game series? I think it will be awesome!

Please Telltale do it :)

forteexe21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nintendo wouldn't allow a game as buggy as the telltale games.

MoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@forteexe21: Wll I think Telltale will do a great job with Pokemon series :)

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By glots

How about letting them focus on the six existing series, that they already have in the works? Also not sure how Telltale would be fit for the job, gameplay mechanics haven't exactly been their strongest area in any of their games and I *assume* that it's not the storyline and characters that people play Pokemon for.

But then again, Tales from Borderlands was great and Minecraft is getting a second season, so what do I know...

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I would be in for it if it had straight Pokemon murder but I don't really see that happening.

BrainScratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BrainScratch

@imhungry said:

I would be in for it if it had straight Pokemon murder but I don't really see that happening.

Something like this would be amazing!

But Telltale should just stop doing any new game for a couple of years, finish the 40932 series they already have, work on a new engine, and figure out how to make their games interesting again.

Also, what makes Pokemon fun is the gameplay, exploration and fighting. Get rid of that and it gets boring. They would have to work really hard to make a story-based Pokemon game interesting.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That would be one way to get me to not buy a Pokemon game, sure.

nicksmi56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo thank you.

DanishingAct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure they'd be a great fit. Pokemon is less story driven than the other TT games, but has too much baggage to be able to give it a minecraft style reimagining.

RosesAreDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it were somehow possible... YES. Maybe not necessarily Telltale but a story focused Pokemon would be cool.

MudKatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MudKatt

Now I'm just sitting here picturing if somehow BotW and Pokemon were merged....just running around Kanto where and whenever you want, catching stuff and getting into some crazy adventures. Flying around on a charizard while burning down team rocket lairs. Getting in gym leader battles and leveling the entire gym with attacks. All the while, Red just waiting in that cave on top of that mountain that you can see towering above the lands. Every now and then lightning shooting down when he's up there training with Pikachu. Man. Well maybe some day

Avatar image for deactivated-5b85a38d6c493
deactivated-5b85a38d6c493

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

I miss old Telltale. Bone, Sam & Max, Strong Bad's Cool Game. Those were some good solid point & clicks.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Axersia

Sure, I'll play a Telltale's Detective Pikachu The Movie: The Game.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want the My Dinner With Andre game finally. Bring this shit full circle.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They did the Minecraft game right? I think they could do a fun pokemon thing if they had too.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@boonsong said:

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

I miss old Telltale. Bone, Sam & Max, Strong Bad's Cool Game. Those were some good solid point & clicks.

I do too. Not to say that I don't enjoy most of the new Telltale stuff, but it's a shame that they've abandoned making that style of adventure game. I also miss the old forum community they had, and how much the team would listen and interact. (a dumb joke I made there actually ended up in a Sam & Max episode, which made my year, haha)

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd rather Nintendo change their 20 year old design doc for Pokemon and release a fresh new ambitious main line game themselves.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nope. Never played a Telltale game, but I've already burned out with their style of games.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pikachu will remember this.

Welding

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Welding

But what about Telltale Nintendogs guys??

Guys???

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon doesn't have meaningful choices though.

Teddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravelle said:

Pokemon doesn't have meaningful choices though.

Neither do Telltale games, it's a perfect match!

blackichigo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By blackichigo

Sorry but that seems awful. Telltale's quality has really gone down the drain as of late. Plus most of the fun of Pokemon games is catching and training Pokemon. I can't see Telltale doing the Pokemon series any justice in this regard. Plus the Pokemons stories are for kids anyway. I can't see any deep and meaningful choices for this.

LemonLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have played through the following

• The Walking Dead
  • The Walking Dead Season 2
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Game of Thrones
  • Minecraft Story Mode

I am a huge fan of there games and love each and every one, I think in theory a Pokemon game could work but Nintendo would never allow it to go into directions it would need to go to be as impactful as the other games I listed above.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NTM

I don't care for Pokemon, so I wouldn't care for that, but I don't see why not; they do a bunch of things, just throw that one in there. I don't keep up with the myriad of things they keep pushing out, enough so that I didn't even play The Walking Dead Season 3 despite loving the first two Seasons. And as much as I love Batman, I have almost zero interest in their take on the series. I might play it at some point, but it's really not on my mind to play it soon. It's unfortunate I am finding little motivation to get Season 3 of The Walking Dead; it probably has more to do with me not finishing Season Two on the PS4, which is where I'd get the third Season.

I might get The Wolf Among Us Season Two. Something I would totally be into, however, is a Judge Dredd Telltale game. Walter the Wobot would approve because he wuvs Judge Dwedd. I'm just starting to read the comics, I'm a little more than halfway through The Complete Case Files 3. I've been a fan of the series for the past several years (or more, I don't remember when I grew fondly of it). I've been into it mainly for the grittiness, so when I discovered some of the humor in it as I started reading it (and I knew it was there), I've realized that I'm kind of going to miss it when it becomes more mature. If Telltale made a Judge Dredd series, it'd be cool if they mixed in both.