Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

Edited By BRG
No Caption Provided
News
News

Pokemon Oreos

Pokemon and Oreos decided to team up and sell a limited edition Oreo with Pokemon characters printed on the cookie. Scalpers, in the middle of buying up consoles and PC parts, decided to add the cookie sandwich to their list of things to economically blow out of proportion. These cookies can now be found on Ebay, some of which are selling for thousands of dollars, though it seems this time no one is willing to bite on those prices. The scalping market has evolved (or rather, devolved) into trying to sell cookies, so it will be interesting to see if it continues down this path or if this will be the stopping point.

Netflix Acquires Night School Studio

Recently, Netflix has been pushing their streaming service towards gaming, and this seems to be their next big step with it. Night School Studio, the developers behind Oxenfree, will now create games for Netflix. They still plan on developing and releasing Oxenfree 2 for traditional consoles. Night School Studio and Netflix aren’t exactly a new thing either, as Night School as well as Telltale worked on a Stranger Things game, though Telltale shutting its doors ensured it will likely never see the light-of-day.

Sega Ikebukuro Gigo Arcade Shuts Down

After 28 years of operation, Sega’s iconic arcade in Tokyo’s Toshima City is shutting its doors for good. The reason for closing is due to an expiring building lease contract as well as building renovations.

Releases
Releases

Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye

Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye is DLC for Outer Wilds by Mobius Digital that adds one more path to explore in the game’s solar system. I absolutely love this game, and if you haven’t played it, then I would highly recommend picking this game up (without reading anything on it for spoiler reasons). I want to dive into this DLC, but I also want to give it some more time because I want to forget as much of this game as I can so I can have more of a fresh restart on the game. Outer Wilds: Echoes of the Eye released on the 28th for PC, Xbox One, and PS4.

UnMetal

UnMetal is a 2D stealth game by UnEpic Fran about a soldier trying to escape a military base after being accused of a crime he didn’t commit. The original Metal Gear games are a lot of fun, so seeing a game inspired by those titles is refreshing. Plus, I remember watching its trailer back at E3 and chuckling at its humor, which is rare for me with video games. UnMetal released on the 28th for all systems.

World War Z: Aftermath

World War Z: Aftermath by Saber Interactive is DLC for World War Z that adds in a few more locations, first-person mode, and a bunch of smaller changes. I got back into World War Z earlier this year, and I enjoy its huge zombie hordes and RPG progression more than most other L4D-likes. The new levels and first-person mode are solid additions to this game, and I think now is a great time to check this game out if you haven’t already. World War Z: Aftermath released on the 21st for PC, Xbox Series X/S, PS5, Xbox One, and PS4.

Sable

Sable by Shedworks is an adventure game about a girl named Sable who explores the desert as her rite of passage. I talk more about this game down below, so I won’t go into it too much here, but I’ve been waiting for this game for quite some time, and I’m so far liking what I’ve played. It’s a super chill game, and I think it at least could be a good change-of-pace from a lot of the other games coming out. Sable released on the 23rd for PC, Xbox Series X/S, and Xbox One.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits

Ember Lab’s Kena: Bridge of Spirits is an action-adventure game about helping the dead move to the spirit world. While this may be a bit detrimental to the gameplay side of things, I’m interested in seeing how a company that started out as an animation studio tackles a video game. It should be no surprise that character designs, animations, cutscenes, and so on are fantastic, but I’m interested in seeing if this game can go beyond that and offer something special by combining their animation talents with great gameplay. Kena: Bride of Spirits released on the 21st for PC, PS5, and PS4.

Blogs
Blogs

Five Years of Black Red Gaming

On September 27th, I celebrated five years of writing. Well, it was more of me rambling about observations I’ve noticed with writing over these five years more than anything, but I didn’t really know what else to say. It's weird to think that I’ve been writing for this long, but I hope to someday make this a career (not Black Red Gaming, but gaming journalism), so I hope to see more anniversaries in the future.

One Game
One Game

Sable

I only have a very short amount of time in Sable as of writing this, but so far I’m enjoying what I’ve played. It’s a very chill and peaceful game that I would describe as Breath of the Wild without combat, but I also think it has a few things going for it that separates itself from its inspiration. The most notable and surprising part of this game for me is its world, as it’s almost this weird land-out-of-time type place where old wooden vessels and futuristic spaceships decay side-by-side. While there are objectives, I kind of just find myself wandering and seeing where the carrot-on-the-stick takes me, and I hope to keep doing that for a little while longer. I don’t know if I’ll do a blog on the game, but I still plan on charging on with this exploration title.

Manburger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Another great write-up!