Thank you Giantbomb.

HexenNOR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I just wanna thank Giantbomb.
For almost a year now I have avoided the site a bit. Mostly because Ryan Davis passing.
He was one of my favorites because of the energy and funny shit he did.
When having shitty days at work, BAM there was GB making me smile.
When my time was on the darkest, BAM there was GB making me laugh.
Even on my happiest days, BAM.. GB did what I did not expect, and made me smile and laugh ever more.
I did not know Ryan personally nor did I ever meet him. But that guy were there on most of my days, and brought me so much joy and laughter.
So when I visited the site after his passing it just felt a bit empty, but i'm coming back and can't wait to once again hear all the crazy stuff you been up to.

I have always love Giantbomb for doing a great and funny job in a already hard buiness.
Thank you Giantbomb for creating great content and doing one hell of a job.

The one and only
HexenNOR

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By TruthTellah

@hexennor: Welcome back, duder. Losing Ryan impacted a great many of us, but fortunately, Giant Bomb continues. I hope you'll renew your enjoyment of Giant Bomb now that you're back. :)

Since someone recently asked a similar question about what has happened since Ryan's passing and I gave a long answer, I thought I might as well share it here, as well. Hope it will be helpful!

Since you left, Vinny has become a Dark Lord. Drew revealed himself to actually be an alpaca. Brad "Max doesn't count" Shoemaker is out of control. Hey Small Business Man. Under royal Rorie decree: instead of cursing in thread titles, it is now customary to use the word "puppy" to indicate just how puppied up something is.

Patrick "Chicago Brad" Klepek, Max "Cards Against Humanity" Temkin, and Dave "Lang Zone" Lang established Giant Bomb Chicago, the quasi-evil, scrappy counterpoint to Giant Bomb San Francisco. Mento is a mod now, along with rmanthorp. A secret coup is brewing. Brad mainlines Crystal Lizard dust to feel alive. Vinny is playing Castlevania games in a VinnyVania video series. Ding! Wrong answer. The new consoles are okay; gaming isn't dead. Bombin the AM with Scoops and the Wolf is a thing. We also now have F1 racing and wrestling podcasts. Patrick got way into Spelunky for a while.

There are now fun emotes in chat, including one of Brad Muir's smile. The Bombcast is more about starting civil wars than videogames. It's "thongs", not "flip-flops", you backwoods Brisbane hillbilly. All hail FMVinny, savior of many a UPF. There are now "Unfinished" videos for Early Access games. Mother-f*ckin Gang Beasts. Patrick usurped Brad's throne as Senior Anime Editor. Live streams have for the most part been moved from Twitch to GameSpot's video streaming. Danny O'Dwyer is a jewel of a human being. Dave Lang is a piece of human garbage. The dark days of the Navarro World Order are now.

And.... that's pretty much it!

<>

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/12/125319/2627072-truthtellah_transparent3.png

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Alright, you don't want to kill yourself. That's good.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By TruthTellah
@alexandersheen said:

ha. Right? Too many of those. Though, I'm glad people do reach out and the community usually responds well enough. This is at least a welcome, simple thank you to Giant Bomb that I think many of us can relate to.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I feel like I set a really shitty precedent.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@alexandersheen: Yeah, I was concerned about that as well.

Anyway, welcome back, duder. I know you're not the only one that was affected. I know I've seen others returning recently, posting similarly.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandersheen said:

Sadly, you weren't the only one who named their internet suicide note as something like "Thank you, Giant Bomb."

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

You're not the only one duder. After he died, I just...stopped coming here. I don't know why. I mean I'd come back occasionally to check my profile, but I haven't been in the mood to regularly browse the site. I'll certainly try though.

And welcome back.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glad to hear you're back, but you should have stuck around in the weird period after Ryan's passing, when everyone wasn't sure if things would be okay. We were all unsure but we figured it out together, sorta.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artelinarose said:

@alexandersheen said:

Sadly, you weren't the only one who named their internet suicide note as something like "Thank you, Giant Bomb."

can't conceive of the possibility that giant bomb has been a place to help out some people through hard times in life, or what?

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexandersheen said:

@artelinarose said:

@alexandersheen said:

can't conceive of the possibility that giant bomb has been a place to help out some people through hard times in life, or what?

Don't like it when people try to kill themselves. How about that?

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel you. The videos and the community here put a genuine smile on my face. I'm always happy to see a new video or podcast come up. The past couple years have been pretty brutal for me, and this website brings me little pockets of joy. I lost someone close to me a few hours before they told us about Ryan passing away. Going through the mourning process with everyone here helped me deal with that.

This is the most positive gaming community that I've been a part of. The content, crew and most of the users are leaps and bounds better than anywhere else on the web. There's always something here to brighten my mood, whether it's browsing through old quick looks or an interesting discussion on the forums.

Hugs-n-shit.

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

Welcome back man, my brother has stayed away from the site and the bombcasts too for the same reason, we all handled Ryan's passing differently but the only way he could cope was to cut ties with the site alltogether. Im not going to call into question anyones greaving process, especially for someone who was as unique as Ryan, but hopefully everyone will find their way back eventually. The other guys are still here doing fun stuff, the community is always here being incredible so there is every reason to return.