Thank You Giantbomb

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Hey all,

Just wanted to make a short post thanking the crew at GB. Its been a bit of a year for me, and like many here, Giantbomb has served as a great reprieve from some of the troubles of this year.

Each office is making great stuff and I think Abby, Ben and Jan have really grown into their own this year and have helped make the site better then ever.

I hope everyone on the site and here in community closes the year on a good note. Game of the year is upon us, I can't wait for podcast onslaught.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Giant Bomb helps keep me sane. Plenty of fun to be had here, even with some of the growing pains. The heart of the site is still in the right place and I'm really excited for the future of everything.

BoboBones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BoboBones

I have a incredibly serious chronic autoimmune disease and have been isolated for years. Giant Bomb has kept me sane. The amount of pleasure and healing they have brought me over the years has been unrivaled. They are my constant companions

Even my 58 year old mother who doesn’t play games thinks they’re the best thing on internet.

Avatar image for fear_the_booboo
Fear_the_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll echo the sentiment here. Been sick for a year and half now and I've been pretty isolated this year. I started learning programming to make something out of all my time stuck at home, but programming it's not great at keeping you sane...

GB helped a lot, just listening to the podcasts when I do physical therapy exercices or the videos when I have too much pain to concentrate on anything else. Thank you.

PatODay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Strong agree. Giant Bomb got me through some incredibly difficult times.

My sister died very unexpectedly a few years ago, and then just a year after that my aunt who was more like a mother to me also died very unexpectedly. Both were devastating and turned my entire world upside down. It sounds super corny to say this but, the consistency at which GB makes and releases (extremely good) content is really what helped to get me through both and ease the passage of time. Listening to the Bombcast or Beastcast felt like the only time I felt like I was a part of conversations where people weren't walking on eggshells around me or anything like that. It helped to keep a routine and let me keep a grip on things that I enjoy and look forward to in life instead of giving in to sorrow and despair, and still helps to this day.

Giant Bomb is easily the best place on the internet.

Froghourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would like to echo everyone else, Giant Bomb has been a companion in good and bad times for me throughout this year and basically since they started! I would like to say the community has always been really good and respectful from what I have seen, and has definitely contributed to the positive vibes on the site!

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By loafofgame

I wholeheartedly agree with everybody else. Thanks, GB! And I hope everyone is doing ok, of course.

stantongrouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Will be very glad to see 2018 walking out that door, it's been probably the toughest me and my partner have had to get through but we're there. I am not sure I'd have done it without the little puddles of sanity the world seems to try to hide away. Here is one of them! Nice place, nice people, nice content. Keep it up all who visit here - having a place on the internet that isn't currently full of shouting is a godsend.

chesme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another voice to add to this choir! GB is a major source of entertainment and comfort for me. I truly appreciate and respect the work that goes into everything they do.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will jump on this as well - was diagnosed as being on the Autism Spectrum last year and the GB crew has been instrumental in helping me through what has been a pretty tough period.

The crew really help give me the occasional smile (which is saying A LOT for me) - they feel like a big, hopelessly dusfunctional family to me.

Deo_Brando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssully: I agree with you! The site is excellent. I wish continued success in the new year.

lethalki11ler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

2018 was rough... Super grateful for GB <3

small_miss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By small_miss

My first day here, but I've already found a game I was not able to find for all previous month.

I thank creators for this site's forum! Hope I'll like it even more soon!

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By monkeyking1969

Thanks to the whole crew that makes Giant Bomb possible!

emanresu84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The amount of quality content they put out here is amazing. My favorite website by a country mile, video game related or otherwise.