That Goodbye Stream was what I needed

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Like most of you I imagine, I just finished the Alex, Vinny, and Brad goodbye stream. While it's heartbreaking that stream really made me feel better about the whole situation. You see the Bombcast where the announcement was made was a somber one, where reflection was done in a more serious tone and as such really affected me in a way that just ruined me. This goodbye stream however was more of a celebration. Looking back and having laughs really helped me with this and while it still sucks, I'm feeling better. I've stated here that I canceled the auto-renewal on my subscription, but after that stream fuck it auto-renewal back on, Jeff, Jan, Jason, Jeff B, and Rorie I hope you get new tires back onto the car so to speak and don't stop for nothing! Fucking love every person who has touched this amazing website <>

bagofkittens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mkennedy: Me too. It was such a great time to see everyone laughing at stupid humor. It was the best way to go out IMO.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a53d0b0bec8
deactivated-62a53d0b0bec8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mkennedy: cancelled mine on Tuesday (auto-renewal was today) and am definitely interested in what the Bombcast has in store next week. End of an era? sure but so was the birth of my first kid. Looking forward. Haven't watched this yet. need to hear the Beastcast first.

crashman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That stream was bittersweet, but also had plenty of laughs and left me with a smile and a warm feeling. A great way to end this chapter, even if I didn’t want to see it end. I hope that Vinny, Brad, and Alex find great happiness and success wherever they go next and if they decide to remain public facing, I’ll follow them. And I’ll be sticking around here to see what new trail Jeff, Jason, Jan, and Rorie can blaze next.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By bybeach

That final stream was Great!

I do not do Twitter, so I will have to post my Twitter reply here; Have a good life, and hopefully will see those guys around.

But yes, the Good Bye Stream did the good work.

I think I am going to hear Jeff's dead- piss assed voice in my ear for a long time, when I am doing whatever that's incidentally obnoxious or a hassle:

"Did you finish the Job?". I never saw that skit back in the day, and it just about killed me today.

andymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By andymp

The first hour I was laughing my head off. Best hour of gaming video I’ve seen in a while.

Sargon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I rarely have time to watch the video content, but I made an exception for the final stream and watched the entire thing last night. Watching them play What The Dub was incredibly entertaining. "One more round!"

The biggest thing I took away from the stream was that they are very lucky to have have been able to build the relationships they did over the past 20ish years. I have a stable, well-paying job that I have had for the past 18 years, but it is just a job. I work from home now, and over my complete 18 year run, I have not developed a single close personal friendship or even a deep personal investment in the company. It is just a job. To Vinny, Brad, and Alex, I this was more than a job, and it shows in their deep respect for each other and their work. That is something I think I need to strive for, whether by taking a different approach to my current role, or by taking a risk and considering other opportunities that may be more fulfilling. I doubt I will ever have what they had, but if I can just achieve a fraction of that, it would be a huge step forward.

Thanks again for all the entertainment over the years, and I look forward to what is yet to come from all of you.

ALLTheDinos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The goodbye stream was perfect, and I was a lot more optimistic afterwards than I thought I would be. Gonna miss the hell out of these 3 guys but Jeff, Jason, and Jan reminded us things are going to be fine.

PugPugPugg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tell you all about it when I see you again